Derek Anderson to start vs Colts

YoloinOhio

11 minutes ago, All_Pro_Bills said:

I expect we're going to see a heavy emphasis on the running game Sunday.  But tactically I just don't understand why coaches even announce this stuff?  Would it not be better to leave the Colt guessing?  Why give up any edge however slight it might be?

Fair point. Should have announced Peterman as starter than switch at game time. 

this will drive the colts  to use a jugs machine lofting jump balls on the scout team, instead of a qb. #strategery ?

It's not a great position for Anderson to be in, I remember when the Raiders traded for Carson Palmer a few years back  where they started him right away, he had a terrible day and Palmer is a much better QB than Anderson imo. On the other hand there is no way this staff could roll out Peterman onto the field, he's obviously shell shocked at this point.

43 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Really no alternative...you cant put Peterman back out there again

Pretty much where I'm at..almost to the point where is put in Logan Thomas if something happens to Anderson. 

Worst comes to worst, if Peterson haa to go back in, Daboll would eliminate any play all that contains out patterns in the routes. He obviously cant throw that pattern and he hasn't learned to stop throwing it since he keeps throwing picks on the same patteen over and over again...

1 minute ago, Livinginthepast said:

Why haven't they traded for another QB just in case? Is there any Qbs on the practice squad? You are severely tempting fate with a 35 year old and this terrible O line. Anderson might get killed on Sunday and well "golly" who is the backup??

From what I remember of Anderson he slings the ball freely. Like a Peterman with a better arm. Probably predetermined reads, which would explain the high INT rate. For coming off the street I don’t think you can expect much. 

19 minutes ago, westside said:

It won't stop. The little ***** on here will just find someone else to B word about. We are far from average. From the coaches down to the players. So many players on this team are lucky to be collecting a nfl check.

Calls people "little *****" for bitching about a player. 

Proceeds to B word about players. 

• Haha (+1) 1

This GM/HC has been at fault for so many poor decisions over the last few months. 

If Allen doesn't show progress next season they will both 100% be out of a job. In today's NFL you either have it or you don't. 

39 minutes ago, jkeerie said:

Why is anyone surprised?  As much as we know McD isn't an offensive genius, he's not stupid either.  Starting Peterman last year was a calculated risk.  It failed.  Objectively, Peterman did outplay every QB in the preseason and deserved to start.  That failed.   Yes, it can be argued that the QB situation was not handled the best during the preseason and thereafter.  Anderson did say that the Bills had pursued him early in the off season, but he wasn't ready to commit.  So...now he's here and we move forward.

You keep your well-reasoned takes to yourself. You're messing up the narrative around here!

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

I’ve started using that in arguments with the wife. When she says “you always (or never) <insert complaint>,” I say “Well I’m going to look at the tape and make the best decision for our marriage right now.” Hopefully she thinks I’m doing the best I can with this relationship rebuild and give me another year without firing me. 

Edited by benderbender
  • Haha (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Livinginthepast said:

Why haven't they traded for another QB just in case? Is there any Qbs on the practice squad? You are severely tempting fate with a 35 year old and this terrible O line. Anderson might get killed on Sunday and well "golly" who is the backup??

I am actually kinda surpised that Landry Jones was worked out but not signed.

35 minutes ago, gregor7777 said:

If I were Logan Thomas, I'd be in the QB room every single day. The Bills can't cut Peterman right now, but if Thomas got himself up to speed perhaps they could cut Interceptionman to send a message.

Logan Thomas is barely good enough to be on the active roster as a TE. He has no business in the QB room. Emergency QB's basically hand the ball off and try not to turn it over. 

1 minute ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Logan Thomas is barely good enough to be on the active roster as a TE. He has no business in the QB room. Emergency QB's basically hand the ball off and try not to turn it over. 

He's thrown 9 passes. 1 went for a TD and 0 were intercepted. That's better than Peterman, sadly.

• Like (+1) 3

2 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Hey that would be awesome (me at end of Houston game)

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, BillsfanAZ said:

Well if course he shouldn't be on the field. My entire point is that this is a special case.

• Like (+1) 1