Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

I was gonna mention what Yolo had posted about him possibly being out until December. I've never heard of that Trainwreck Sports so I have no idea how credible they are but given that the team refuses to put an actual number of weeks on when he'll be back and instead choosing to label him "week to week" is a sign that the injury is one that could heal up in a few weeks or could drag on for a couple months, just depends on the person.

For what it's worth, Mike Schopp asked McD if Josh could do "everything but throw" in terms of staying in shape, working out, etc., and the coach confirmed he could.

So at least Josh can try to stay in shape through the injury. 

Would probably be harder to do that if it was a lower body injury.

6 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I was gonna mention what Yolo had posted about him possibly being out until December. I've never heard of that Trainwreck Sports so I have no idea how credible they are but given that the team refuses to put an actual number of weeks on when he'll be back and instead choosing to label him "week to week" is a sign that the injury is one that could heal up in a few weeks or could drag on for a couple months, just depends on the person.

I really don’t know how credible Trainwreck Sports is either. It’s a buffalo sports account (if you couldn’t tell by the name haha), i guess it’s possible they have a source in the building but I’m taking it with a grain of salt 

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

I really don’t know how credible Trainwreck Sports is either. It’s a buffalo sports account (if you couldn’t tell by the name haha), i guess it’s possible they have a source in the building but I’m taking it with a grain of salt 

Haha, fitting they call themselves Trainwreck, I guess. I mean, they could have a source, but could also be speculating. Like I said before, I think the fact that they label him week-to-week allows them some wiggle room if he misses more time than anticipated. I don't think the Bills themselves have actually said, "He's out until this date" it's been other media sources speculating on how long it takes to heal up from an elbow sprain but that stuff is dependent on the person. No reason to rush him, so however long needs, let him heal up.

20 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Haha, fitting they call themselves Trainwreck, I guess. I mean, they could have a source, but could also be speculating. Like I said before, I think the fact that they label him week-to-week allows them some wiggle room if he misses more time than anticipated. I don't think the Bills themselves have actually said, "He's out until this date" it's been other media sources speculating on how long it takes to heal up from an elbow sprain but that stuff is dependent on the person. No reason to rush him, so however long needs, let him heal up.

Right the only official word from the team is “week to week” ... it was reported that it would be 2-3 games at least by an nfl reporter after dr James Andrews reviewed the MRI. 

I think it’s going to be an ongoing process of seeing how he responds to treatment and his recovery 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

Right the only official word from the team is “week to week” ... it was reported that it would be 2-3 weeks by an nfl reporter after dr James Andrews reviewed the MRI

Everything I read said anywhere from 2-10 weeks.

Typical football recovery time (albeit for the small sample space) is:

1-2 weeks for Grade 1

3-6 weeks for Grade 2

8-10 weeks for Grade 3

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

Everything I read said anywhere from 2-10 weeks.

Typical football recovery time (albeit for the small sample space) is:

1-2 weeks for Grade 1

3-6 weeks for Grade 2

8-10 weeks for Grade 3

Probably a mild grade 2 - i expect 6 weeks myself 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, GG said:

If his injury was serious enough that causes wincing during a routine massage, why would the team have it out for open display?

Just looks like a normal face for a deep tissue massage to me. He didn’t injure his shoulder and that was the area being massaged. 

4 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Peterman picked off in practice by Josh Allen? 

Did he run it back for 6? Does that count as points for the offense? We need a liberal interpretation here....

If I were the coach I would keep Allen out until the Dolphins or Jags games.There is no need to rush him back this season is shot most likely anyway and if you get Allen back after the bye week you still get to start Allen for an additional 5-6 games before the season ends. His long term health is much more important than rushing him back to win a game against the Jets.

1 hour ago, billsfan89 said:

If I were the coach I would keep Allen out until the Dolphins or Jags games.There is no need to rush him back this season is shot most likely anyway and if you get Allen back after the bye week you still get to start Allen for an additional 5-6 games before the season ends. His long term health is much more important than rushing him back to win a game against the Jets.

I doubt they are going to rush him back, but when he is ready, I would expect him to play.

14 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

I think he will be back after the bye week

I have tickets to the last Anderson/Peterman game of, I hope, my life.

I cannot think of a way to possibly have a good time during the game but at least I get some wings, weck, and Paula's on the trip!

As much as I want to see Allen ASAP, I think it  may be best to allow him to fully heal through the bye week. That’d give him six healthy games to finish the season with at least one divisional match up vs each team. 

If he is ready sooner, great. But no point in rushing him back to play less than 100% and risk greater injury.

• Like (+1) 1