Josh Allen injury: “Week-to-Week” with elbow sprain; Returned to practice 11/2

YoloinOhio

42 minutes ago, longtimebillsfan said:

I saw that as well.  I believe it was just speculation.

No, it just was a question to Beane as to whether it was a possibility. He didn’t rule it out because he can’t rule it out. Then of course it becomes “he didn’t deny this thing could happen that is technically possible yet not probable, so it’s obviously probably happening!”

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Haha (+1) 1

In an ideal world we play Bears and Jets with NP or DA as starter and go back to Josh Allen after the bye.  Allows for Terrelle Pryor to get up to speed with Josh and let's McD implement any changes on Oline (Boettger or Teller at G)  

Here's a curve.  What if DA decides his comeback is over?  It may force Josh to play vs Jets if ready.

Edited by freddyjj

10 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

In an ideal world we play Bears and Jets with NP or DA as starter and go back to Josh Allen after the bye.  Allows for Terrelle Pryor to get up to speed with Josh and let's McD implement any changes on Oline (Boettger or Teller at G)  

Here's a curve.  What if DA decides his comeback is over?  It may force Josh to play vs Jets if ready.

If he’s ready to play I think he plays regardless of DA status. Rushing it would be playing him before he’s ready. No reason to shelf him longer than they need to if he’s cleared.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

If he’s ready to play I think he plays regardless of DA status. Rushing it would be playing him before he’s ready. No reason to shelf him longer than they need to if he’s cleared.

That's what Marv used to say...if you get in a week of practice with no issues, you play

3 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Honestly if he doesn't start throwing until next week (very likely as in arm brace still) I don't see them playing him vs Jets.

33 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

No, it just was a question to Beane as to whether it was a possibility. He didn’t rule it out because he can’t rule it out. Then of course it becomes “he didn’t deny this thing could happen that is technically possible yet not probable, so it’s obviously probably happening!”

That sounds about right. 

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, freddyjj said:

Honestly if he doesn't start throwing until next week (very likely as in arm brace still) I don't see them playing him vs Jets.

I still think we are looking at Jacksonville. Ramsey will be disappointed if he can’t play his favorite “Trash” QB

4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I still think we are looking at Jacksonville. Ramsey will be disappointed if he can’t play his favorite “Trash” QB

lol in all the excitement I forgot about that one. 

Maybe get their secondary a "Canadian Ballet" limo so they can runup a $64000 CAD bill or $45000 USD bill on SAT pm.  

Exchange Rate be damned, they ain't payin anyway!

Edited by freddyjj
  • Haha (+1) 2

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

No not really...some injuries are much more likely to reoccur than others

For this one, there is a link earlier in the thread from one of the docs that talks about it. The risk for needing surgery because he’s playing would be tied to returning too early. Not the injury itself. He could actually technically play with this injury going back to when it happened. But he just could not drive the ball down the field and would be in pain. He would be limited in the types of throws he could do. If it’s healed, its the same risk as any injury occurring if he gets hit the wrong way. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

So it says Allen was limited today.

That's a first.

Any word on whether he was throwing at all or not?

Here's how quickly the winds could change on an NFL season and my feelings of it:

IF (and that's a BIG if) Peterman manages to throw the ball to his own teammates on Sunday rather than Bears defenders and we can eek out a Win at New Era against a beatable Bears team and Allen looks like he's coming back, my excitement for the remaining 7 games of the season would be 100% back!  :thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

29 minutes ago, transplantbillsfan said:

So it says Allen was limited today.

That's a first.

Any word on whether he was throwing at all or not?

Here's how quickly the winds could change on an NFL season and my feelings of it:

IF (and that's a BIG if) Peterman manages to throw the ball to his own teammates on Sunday rather than Bears defenders and we can eek out a Win at New Era against a beatable Bears team and Allen looks like he's coming back, my excitement for the remaining 7 games of the season would be 100% back!  :thumbsup:

We don’t know what they had him doing, only that he returned to practice for the first time. I don’t think we will know until/unless they ask McD on Monday

4 hours ago, PittsforDave said:

They had a game Monday.  Both Anderson and Edmunds will be cleared tomorrow, and both will start at their perspective positions Sunday. 

I hope you are correct.  

3 hours ago, Johnny Hammersticks said:

It would be awesome to have Allen back after the bye week.  The kid needs reps.

This would be the best scenario.   Anderson would have more time to learn the play book and get his timing down with the receivers.  Allen will hopefully be ready to go .

I am in in that. 

My idea situation is that Anderson finally gets a firm grasp of the playbook, ends up playing great, and we ride him out until the end of the season without hurting Allen's confidence.

Hopefully he wouldn't feel so much pressure to produce & would actually learn something the remainder of the year & through the offseason. While he's been out there, it doesn't seem like he's actually getting GOOD experience & learning much.

On 10/22/2018 at 8:54 AM, gobills1212 said:

Lol... welcome to the interwebs. 

Its kind of a shame it needs to be pointed out to you that sometimes people use 'fantastic grammar' to elaborate on points. 

Since you seem to know grammar well, but come up short on football knowledge- maybe you shld put those killer skills to use and go correct all the folks talking about how they 'seen' a terrible game yesterday. That shld keep ya busy for a bit;)

Btw, nice goose egg for rep points? What happened there?

You can't fix stupid. I feel sorry for your parents 

On 11/2/2018 at 9:37 PM, PittsforDave said:

They had a game Monday.  Both Anderson and Edmunds will be cleared tomorrow, and both will start at their perspective positions Sunday. 

Yeah, thanks for that information.

4 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

"My injury was a blessing in disguise. Watching Derek Anderson come in and control the offense is definitely going to help me in the long run.”

ROTFLMAO

I could be wrong; however, I don't believe he was referring to how Anderson actually played (the results): "Well, obviously I got to see how 'DA' operated... He's been around the league a long time, just kind of how he controlled the walkthrough, how he talked to guys...how he saw things on the field...the reads he made...small things like that."

Hopefully, Anderson has been able to (and can continue to) share some insight on things from the perspective of a guy who has been around the game a long time, even though he doesn't have the talent to implement them on the field himself.

• Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

I could be wrong; however, I don't believe he was referring to how Anderson actually played (the results): "Well, obviously I got to see how 'DA' operated... He's been around the league a long time, just kind of how he controlled the walkthrough, how he talked to guys...how he saw things on the field...the reads he made...small things like that."

Hopefully, Anderson has been able to (and can continue to) share some insight on things from the perspective of a guy who has been around the game a long time, even though he doesn't have the talent to implement them on the field himself.

Josh Allen’s notes from Derek Anderson’s start - Do the exact opposite