Marshall Newhouse traded - Signed Jeremiah Sirles

One Buffalo

40 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

2021?  ****, most of us will be dead by then.

or in a Home. For the unstable, unbalanced and old as a witch Bills Fan Home. we refuse to die till The Senator's bold and consistent prediction is realized. Or the Lombardi. whichever comes first...

9 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

KB right now isn't even worth a bag of pork rinds....

just to clarify ?

You don't like pork rinds fried up ?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, TigerJ said:

Something for nothing is still a good trade.  The Bills just got a bit younger, and got rid of some failure.  

I'm not complaining.

Do people read the quoted text in posts before replying??

I quoted @ThunderGun making a joke about it being a "conditional 7th in 2025" saying he wasn't that far off...

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, No Place To Hyde said:

Well, Clay was a member of the Giants until about 4 hours ago. Him not being on the Panthers roster may have been....difficult.

I know that - I was factoring witchcraft

• Haha (+1) 2

4 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Haha...might have figured...Bills Panthers trades are commonplace

Yep, here we go again. Carolina is Beane's go to, 'happy place'.  Would be nice if he and Director of Player Personnel Dan Morgan's due diligence - both ex-Panthers -  meaningfully extended beyond their familiarity with Carolina.  A recent trade history...

March 8, 2017 – Buffalo signs fullback Mike Tolbert from Carolina.

September 2, 2017 – Carolina trades wide receiver Kaelin Clay to Buffalo for cornerback Kevon Seymour.

September 4, 2017 – Buffalo signs free agent quarterback Joe Webb from Carolina.

October 24, 2017 – Carolina claims wide receiver Kaelin Clay off waivers from Buffalo.

October 31, 2017 – Carolina trades wide receiver Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo for third- and seventh-round 2018 picks.

January 8, 2018 – Buffalo signs safety Dean Marlowe after he was released by Carolina in August 2017.

March 15, 2018 – Buffalo signs free agent defensive tackle Star Lotulelei from Carolina.

March 29, 2018 – Buffalo signs free agent wide receiver Kaelin Clay from Carolina.

2 minutes ago, BillsRdue said:

what do the Panthers know that we don't. They did not re-sign Sirles, but will give us a pick for Newhouse. Someone is not thinking right. Unless Sirles is still hurt and we are stashing him for a few weeks in hopes he is better than Newhouse.

They couldn't re-sign him since he was on their IR list and released after an injury settlement

• Thank you (+1) 1

Prior to joining the Bills, Sirles was cut from the Panthers on Sept. 6 when he reached an injury settlement (hamstring) with the team.

Sirles was one of seven players Buffalo brought in for a workout last week. He has experience playing all three position on the offensive line during his playing career. As a 2014 undrafted rookie free agent, Sirles signed with the Chargers before moving to the Minnesota Vikings from 2015 to 2017.

In 2017, Sirles notched PFF grades of 55.8 and 53.3 in pass and run blocking, respectively.

16 hours ago, Formerly Allan in MD said:

Another strike on Beane's off-season.

I'm astounded at how often I find myself repeating this, but... you do understand that free agency is a two-way street, right? Teams don't just snatch up players and say, "HA! You play for us now, ya putz, sign here! SIGN IT OR WE BREAK YOUR HAND!" The player has to *want* to sign to the team offering the deal. 

I see so much nitpicking and whining about Beane's "misses" in the off-season and it's like, well... yeah, because first, not every FA is meant to come in here and be a big time player. There are such things as depth signings. And no GM is ever perfect on every player they bring on-board.

But I mean... if you're finding ways to complain about the most active GM the Bills have had in 20 some odd years then I dunno what to tell ya. Dude inherited a monster cap mess, has worked to reshape the roster to their vision, flipped players for picks, acquired the most draft capital the Bills have had since I don't know when... when's the last time the team had two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders? Gets a third for a subpar QB, swaps first round slots and moves nine spots up the board by trading an oft-injured left tackle, wheels and deals enough to draft his franchise QB plus the "QB of the defense" nine slots later. Players who weren't buying in that could've potentially caused drama in the locker room are out. He's looking at having 10 draft picks and the second most cap space in the league heading into 2019 but yeah, let's nitpick a depth player signing that didn't work out that he was able to get something in return for. Players like Newhouse get their pink slips weekly in the NFL, it's extremely rare to collect something in return for a player of Newhouse's caliber. But hey... "strike!" Ugh...barf.

Edited by blacklabel
  • Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 2

33 minutes ago, Mountain Man said:

Newhouse was a fringe of the roster signing. Fringe of the roster signings get kicked around teams, that's what happens in the real world

Newhouse is on his 6th team in 6 years.

He was signed as a vet depth swing tackle and proved he couldn't even be that.

Amazing Beane got a "maybe 7th" for him.

Newhouse wasn't a strike against Beane he was a JAG that didn't work out.

Next man up is Jeremiah Sirles, maybe they will get lucky with him to fill that role.

49 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

I'm astounded at how often I find myself repeating this, but... you do understand that free agency is a two-way street, right? Teams don't just snatch up players and say, "HA! You play for us now, ya putz, sign here! SIGN IT OR WE BREAK YOUR HAND!" The player has to *want* to sign to the team offering the deal. 

I see so much nitpicking and whining about Beane's "misses" in the off-season and it's like, well... yeah, because first, not every FA is meant to come in here and be a big time player. There are such things as depth signings. And no GM is ever perfect on every player they bring on-board.

But I mean... if you're finding ways to complain about the most active GM the Bills have had in 20 some odd years then I dunno what to tell ya. Dude inherited a monster cap mess, has worked to reshape the roster to their vision, flipped players for picks, acquired the most draft capital the Bills have had since I don't know when... when's the last time the team had two first rounders, two second rounders and two third rounders? Gets a third for a subpar QB, swaps first round slots and moves nine spots up the board by trading an oft-injured left tackle, wheels and deals enough to draft his franchise QB plus the "QB of the defense" nine slots later. Players who weren't buying in that could've potentially caused drama in the locker room are out. He's looking at having 10 draft picks and the second most cap space in the league heading into 2019 but yeah, let's nitpick a depth player signing that didn't work out that he was able to get something in return for. Players like Newhouse get their pink slips weekly in the NFL, it's extremely rare to collect something in return for a player of Newhouse's caliber. But hey... "strike!" Ugh...barf.

giphy.gif