It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

Just now, billsfan_34 said:

Really? What about Aaron Maybin, Flowers, Mike Williams, JP Losman, and Shaq Lawson? Zay is definitely showing signs of bust, but not at the level of bustitude as the guys ive mentioned.

Shaq is a star compared to Zay. At least Shaq is a good run defender while Zay does nothing well. 

• Haha (+1) 1

11 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Oops that Slipped my mind ...     thanks for the reminder.    Trading Jerry Hughes to Buffalo in exchange for linebacker Kelvin Sheppard.  How'd that work out for the Colts 

Still, I am sure that they continue to bring in guys who want to play in Buffalo.  Big bag of CASH in 2019 and even BIGGER in 2020!!!   Now that's an incentive. 

How can you blame a guy if he's not targeted?  

He can't pass the ball and catch it too !!!!  Gisele Bundchen Feb 2012 

“You’ve to catch the ball when you’re supposed to catch the ball. My husband cannot :censored: throw the ball and catch the ball at the same time. I can’t believe they dropped the ball so many times.

Are you delusional? I wasn't criticizing the trade, your boy Whaley traded for him. And also the guy your username is named after, I think you owe dude an apology for all that hating.

And don't waste my time anymore. 

15 hours ago, matter2003 said:

Must not have lived very long then. No way he is a bigger bust than first round 11th pick overall Aaron "Mayhem" Maybin from a few years ago...dude didn't even get on the field.

I’d rather have a guy not play than drop as many balls as Zay. Maybin didn’t release a naked blood video either. Jones has had a negative impact, Maybin had no impact. 

Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory ??…..NOT  EVEN  CLOSE....

so many to choose from

Mike Williams OT (4th overall) 2002

Aaron Maybin, DE (11th overall), 2009

E.J. Manuel QB  (16th overall), 2013

J.P. Losman, QB  (22nd overall), 2004

Marcel Dareus DT (3rd overall ) 2011

John McCargo DT (26th overall ) 2006

going back farther......

Walt Patulski DE (1st overall) 1972

Tom Cousineau LB (1st overall) 1979

Erik Flowers DE (26th overall) 2000

• Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Are you delusional? I wasn't criticizing the trade, your boy Whaley traded for him. And also the guy your username is named after, I think you owe dude an apology for all that hating.

And don't waste my time anymore. 

What are you talking about?

Hating?

My boy Whaley?

yes Shady has not been productive 

when he has someone gets caught for holding and his big run is wiped out.  

The haters are those calling a 2nd year player a total bust. 

Bad has was last season he still has the most catches in the stat box this season 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

6 hours ago, Chemical said:

I’d rather have a guy not play than drop as many balls as Zay. Maybin didn’t release a naked blood video either. Jones has had a negative impact, Maybin had no impact. 

Zay hasn't dropped anything this year or really the 2nd half of last year.  This drop thing is old news. Not getting open much? Valid. Drops at this point? Not so much.

• Like (+1) 1

Zay is a guy you keep trying to develop along with the QB. If he’s not cutting it by the end of his rookie deal, move on. 4 games into his second season with less than ideal qb play and anyone to draw a double team across from him (ie Tyler Boyd has AJ Green) is going to hold back his development and production. He’s worth giving 4 years and then deciding given the circumstances. 

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

6 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Zay hasn't dropped anything this year or really the 2nd half of last year.  This drop thing is old news. Not getting open much? Valid. Drops at this point? Not so much.

I agree regarding the drops. My thought right now is that Zay's problem is more of a "good" targets issue. I just don't know if that is an issue due to his routes, play calling, or Allen's decision making. I think as Allen settles in and starts seeing the field better then that should coincide with better targets to Zay. 

6 hours ago, Chemical said:

Zay doesn’t drop balls.

He’s the least of the offense’s problems right now.

14 minutes ago, Philo Beddoe said:

I agree regarding the drops. My thought right now is that Zay's problem is more of a "good" targets issue. I just don't know if that is an issue due to his routes, play calling, or Allen's decision making. I think as Allen settles in and starts seeing the field better then that should coincide with better targets to Zay. 

I feel Daboll isnt necessarily doing what caters to the strength of this team. He seems overly reliant on the pass especially when we get doen at any point in the game. He literally abandons the run. This leads to 3 and outs and the score becoming worse in the other teams favor rather than keeping it close so the offense can hopefully generate something at some point.

He is putting too much on Allen too soon and not giving him the help he needs.

9 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

I feel Daboll isnt necessarily doing what caters to the strength of this team. He seems overly reliant on the pass especially when we get doen at any point in the game. He literally abandons the run. This leads to 3 and outs and the score becoming worse in the other teams favor rather than keeping it close so the offense can hopefully generate something at some point.

He is putting too much on Allen too soon and not giving him the help he needs.

Hard to disagree after last week. However the plan in Minnesota seemed about right, so hopefully he can game plan and call plays like that moving forward. 

5 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

Zay is a guy you keep trying to develop along with the QB. If he’s not cutting it by the end of his rookie deal, move on. 4 games into his second season with less than ideal qb play and anyone to draw a double team across from him (ie Tyler Boyd has AJ Green) is going to hold back his development and production. He’s worth giving 4 years and then deciding given the circumstances. 

Absolutely. He’s the best that the Bills have.

His numbers aren’t great but that’s definitely not all on him.

21 hours ago, DuckyBoys said:

slow sloppy route runner with suspect hands  How this guy set NCAA records is anybody's guess

It was mostly screen passes and drag routes, which require pretty much zero technical skill.

19 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Forgot he want ahead of Cooper Kupp too!  And we traded up for him.  Trust the process!

He also went ahead of:

Juju Smith-Schuster

Taywan Taylor

Chris Godwin

Kenny Golladay

Dede Westbrook

Ryan Switzer

All guys that are easily better than Zay.

play calling this year doesnt appear to be rookie friendly and with our terrible oline we need to have outlets available every pass play. Plus short quick routes slants etc need to be utilized. Then throw over the top not the other way around. Plus play action only works with a running game.

42 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Bold prediction (well not really based on catch totals)

Zay will have the most catches again 

....ONLY problem is this "rock solid" OL will yield more sacks than....

1. Zay's catch count.

2. Shady's touches.

...but Daboll will figure it out.........stay tuned...............

I'm just not sure I understand the calling out of Zay Jones.  You can cite other guys that he went ahead of, but look at those offenses.  Most of them are pretty good in the passing area and they have more than one guy that defenses have to respect, plus they also have good OL's and pretty decent QB play.  Are people expecting Jones to have an S on his chest or something?

Secondly, most of the other guys cited are not working with green OC's either.  Last year we had suspect QB play in Dennison's system.  He tried to fit a round hole with a square peg.  Taylor was not the QB for what Dennison runs.  This year, Daboll has to get his feet back under him.  It's his first time back in the NFL and he's going to have to do more than rely on guys winning their match ups (this ain't Alabama).  We don't have a single WR that the defense respects like that.  So why even design the passing game around it?  IF we had an Antonio Brown, Mike Evans, DeSean Jackson that defense have to respect then sure.  But we don't.  So we need to do something else to give our WR's a chance.

Edited by NewEraBills

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....ONLY problem is this "rock solid" OL will yield more sacks than....

1. Zay's catch count.

2. Shady's touches.

...but Daboll will figure it out.........stay tuned...............

Sort of bud.  If Josh just throws the ball away and not turn into a sack the sack #s wouldn’t be so bad.  

19 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Sort of bud.  If Josh just throws the ball away and not turn into a sack the sack #s wouldn’t be so bad.  

...kid is pressing too much to make it happen on his own IMO.....think he feels the obligation after being thrust into starter role.................

2 hours ago, Teddy KGB said:

Rough.   Godwin and Golladay are players.  

It's tough that the Bills couldn't have hit on that pick (Or at least Zay hasn't panned out yet, its only 25% though year two) it would be helpful for the team going forward to have a good young WR, it would make building up that unit a lot easier to do. 

4 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...kid is pressing too much to make it happen on his own IMO.....think he feels the obligation after being thrust into starter role.................

My thoughts too.   Trying to hard to be the hero.  

Not taking sacks and keeping down and distance manageable is “winning” that battle 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Could anyone be more invisible out there? Yeah, Benjamin is in self-preservation mode and going half speed on half of his plays, but Zay is trying his best. That’s horrific. There is 0.0 chance this guy makes it out of TC next year. 

We took him over JuJu. Damn. I’d rather have TJ Graham.

TJ aid playing in CFL his dad is my fedex driver

3 hours ago, John from Riverside said:

Is it just me or does it seem like the team starts to work zay when the game is out of reach?

Pretty much all of his targets have come when the game is already getting out of hand. He's been targeted on like 3% of his routes if you take the garbage time out, which is to say he's almost invisible.