It’s confirmed: Zay Jones is the biggest bust in living memory

BringBackOrton

He avoided some defenders after the catch for the first time in his career for a few extra yards, seemed to know where the first down marker was, which he normally doesn't, and definitely seems like he has regained his confidence so he rarely has the yips. That's extremely encouraging. His best game for sure.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, Xwnyer said:

he didn't have a QB to throw the ball to him.  Tyrod had no accuracy always behind over under etc etc

He's still gotta grab it if he gets hands on it. A good 2nd rounder worth his pick catches the Panthers pass. But whatever, he's appeared to have lost his dropsies. Had to be mental cause I pegged him for a hands of glue guy coming out of the draft which is why he frustrated me last year.

That's last year, he's much improved clearly.

2 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I'm so weird. I went from hating the pick initially while everyone else raved about it, to slowly liking Zay over time while fans became disenfranchised with him. He is a very nifty route runner, that's the main thing that won me over. His problem was drops. If he can work on his hands he will be good.

Gotta be mental. Looks like he has glue on his hands in college. Thought that was his best asset being drafted and simply saw a solid safety blanket possession receiver. Which is why he pissed me off so much last year lol. Whatever it's 2018

Anyways I'll be psyched if he can make the impact Woods did. That was a solid 2nd round pick and everything you want in your #2

Edited by PetermanThrew5Picks
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, PetermanThrew5Picks said:

Gotta be mental. Looks like he has glue on his hands in college. Thought that was his best asset being drafted and simply saw a solid safety blanket possession receiver. Which is why he pissed me off so much last year lol. Whatever it's 2018

True. And I knew 2017 was going to be rough, that's the way it goes for rookie WRs. To be expected. His stats were typical of a rookie.

5 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

He avoided some defenders after the catch for the first time in his career for a few extra yards, seemed to know where the first down marker was, which he normally doesn't, and definitely seems like he has regained his confidence so he rarely has the yips. That's extremely encouraging. His best game for sure.

He's also really good at telling Benjamin where to line up too!  It's unbelievable really, does Benjamin know the playbook?

• Like (+1) 1

We need to pick the Steelers brains on WRs. They nail receiver picks in any round. Their GM went on record saying that's the one position you can really get top quality at any round. What you see in college is what you get in the NFL. Not many other positions have that transparency.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

Amen ? to that

I've been waiting for a while for him to be targeted like today. Was very nice to see Barkley consistently throwing balls in to covered WR's 1:1 letting them make adjustments/plays on the football. The pass and catch to Zay for his TD was gorgeous.

Edited by Real McCoy

17 minutes ago, Nervous Guy said:

He's also really good at telling Benjamin where to line up too!  It's unbelievable really, does Benjamin know the playbook?

Could he also tell KB when to jump? That seems to be another issue. It’s like the guy has dain bramage! 

On 9/23/2018 at 9:18 PM, BringBackOrton said:

Could anyone be more invisible out there? Yeah, Benjamin is in self-preservation mode and going half speed on half of his plays, but Zay is trying his best. That’s horrific. There is 0.0 chance this guy makes it out of TC next year. 

We took him over JuJu. Damn. I’d rather have TJ Graham.

f9dca823570d51c1ffea3fbb4b72cc4f.jpg

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1