Patrick Mahomes Lighting up the Chargers

26CornerBlitz

25 minutes ago, PeterDude said:

I made that when he was named the starter slick.  I pay no allegiance to any one player on this team, never have.

LOL......yeah, OK, Peterslick.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Allen vs Mahomes will be the defining legacy decision of the McDermott/Beane era.  

Eh not really.  It’s all about the OCs - most coaches don’t get to fire two OCs, especially rookie coaches.  If Daboll can’t get it together it’s McD who is gonna pay the price.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Virgil said:

Allen vs Mahomes will be the defining legacy decision of the McDermott/Beane era.  

Beane was not here when Mahomes was drafted.  He cam in after the draft.  That said, McDermott WAS here and decided to pass......

2 minutes ago, sven233 said:

Beane was not here when Mahomes was drafted.  He cam in after the draft.  That said, McDermott WAS here and decided to pass......

Debatable.  There's honest rumors of Beane running both drafts on some level

49 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Mahomes is Josh Allen with much better instincts. 

It's unfathomable to me that we passed on Mahomes just to go after Allen with a higher pick the next season. 

Truly mind boggling. 

Blame the Pegulas. Having to pass on a QB because the new coach didn’t the new GM to have no say in the pick. It’s all tied in to the Pegulas hiring Rex.  They should have totally cleaned house and had a new GM in place as well. Total tire fire that could set the team back years. 

Edited by Boatdrinks

1 minute ago, Klaista2k said:

If Pegula's stupid ass knew anything about football he would've drafted Mahomes instead of trading the pick.

Do you actually believe Mahomes would be successful here with the offense we would put around him? We don’t have players like Hill or Kelce.

26 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Honestly, that argument might make me feel worse, not better about our long term prospects. If the power structure created a spot where we couldn’t evaluate QBs for an entire offseason when we needed one then I think it’s a bigger red flag, no? Maybe ok short term but over the long haul? 

Additionally, we could’ve done the alex smith role with Tyrod. Not peterman, but our situations weren’t TERRIBLY dissimilar 

There is also the thinking that the new regime wanted to see what they had in Tyrod Taylor before going after a top pick at QB. Which they did and found him inadequate last year.  I think they made the right move in obtaining Josh Allen.  

While Mahomes might look great atm won't he be the very first QB to come from an "air raid" Texas Tech scheme to make it in the NFL? Not many coaches besides Andy Reid could mold that kid into a top NFL QB IMHO.

14 minutes ago, Bangarang said:

Do you actually believe Mahomes would be successful here with the offense we would put around him? We don’t have players like Hill or Kelce.

Not sure but I still think it was stupid to trade the pick away for a potentially great QB.

Allen still may be good but I still feel he's a much riskier prospect than Mahomes.

Edited by Klaista2k

5 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

There is also the thinking that the new regime wanted to see what they had in Tyrod Taylor before going after a top pick at QB. Which they did and found him inadequate last year.  I think they made the right move in obtaining Josh Allen.  

While Mahomes might look great atm won't he be the very first QB to come from an "air raid" Texas Tech scheme to make it in the NFL? Not many coaches besides Andy Reid could mold that kid into a top NFL QB IMHO.

I won’t argue I’m a big mahomes guy. But I’ll loop these arguments around to a few concerns:

1) are you confident in a system that would allow burning an off-season because they can’t evaluate an nfl qb with a ton of film?

2) are you confident we can do that with a college qb if we couldn’t with Taylor?

3) If you don’t think we could develop mahomes, do you think allen is an easier project?

4) does it worry you that we didn’t get a group of coaches that seems to inspire confidence in you regarding qb evaluation/development?

again, not arguing I love mahomes. I honestly don’t know him that well, but some of the justifications in the thread seem to actually raise much larger red flags instead of putting minds at ease.

• Like (+1) 1

37 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

If you put Josh on the Chiefs with Andy Reid and Mahomes on the Bills with McDermott the situations would very likely be reversed. The Chiefs have the very best collection of skill players in the league, with a good coach, and the OL has been giving Mahomes a lot of time. Mahomes would be running for his life like Josh was on the the Bills. 

The big problem with kicking the young QB decision down the road in 2017 was the urgency it created to trade players and get capital for the 2018 draft.

They gutted this roster and have put the young QB in a perilous situation.

44 minutes ago, Jaraxxus said:

Is this a joke? Tre had a brilliant rookie season.

And he didn't win defensive rookie of the year, which is what the guy said.

Tre did have a phenomenal rookie season.

He wasn't DROY.

44 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

And wasn't DROY. 

Thanks bill :)

56 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Eh not really.  It’s all about the OCs - most coaches don’t get to fire two OCs, especially rookie coaches.  If Daboll can’t get it together it’s McD who is gonna pay the price.

The Dennison and Castillo hires were disasters. There are certain things I like about Daboll but he hasn't had a good track record. I have no idea what he thinks about Peterman and whether that was a clear McD decision over Daboll but if he really thought Nate could play well in this league that could be a huge flag. He wasn't given much to work with. We'll see what he does with Josh soon. But there is nothing so far to make me think McD knows much about offense. 

1 hour ago, BillsEnthusiast said:

If we take Mahomes, we don't get Edmunds or White, and then our starting corner is Vontae Davis. We have no DROY and don't make the playoffs. 

Maybe our starting corner wouldn't be Vontae Davis if we had the kind of FO that would have taken Mahomes.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Mahomes is Josh Allen with much better instincts. 

It's unfathomable to me that we passed on Mahomes just to go after Allen with a higher pick the next season. 

Truly mind boggling. 

Doug Whaley watched college tape and concluded that EJ Manuel was worth a first rounder, whereas Dashaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes were not worth a first round pick. 

And our new GM traded Glenn, #12, #53, #56 for a project from the Mountain West

You can’t make this stuff up. 

The common denominator? Both GMs talked about arm strength, size, and “presence” while saying nothing about how the quarterback accurately threw a football. 

4 minutes ago, Straight Hucklebuck said:

Doug Whaley watched college tape and concluded that EJ Manuel was worth a first rounder, whereas Dashaun Watson and Patrick Mahomes were not worth a first round pick. 

And our new GM traded Glenn, #12, #53, #56 for a project from the Mountain West

You can’t make this stuff up. 

The common denominator? Both GMs talked about arm strength, size, and “presence” while saying nothing about how the quarterback accurately threw a football. 

Agreed. 

Heading into this draft I felt the Bills were set up to build a nice foundation to build around for years to come.

Now, I'm feeling like we're about to become what we saw from the Cleveland Browns the previous 5 years. 

We have maybe 3-4 players on the entire roster under the age of 26 who we can build around. The cupboard has never felt as bare as it is right now. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, 17 Josh Allen said:

Yes he is and i’m loving. I’m one of those people who wanted mahomes. Where are all those people saying he sucks and is nothing. Your wrong so admit it 

I wasn’t a fan of his but I don’t usually like raw QB prospects. I think if players like Mahommes and Allen get the right QB coach they have a chance to be special. Andy Reid is a QB guru.

8 minutes ago, jrober38 said:

Agreed. 

Heading into this draft I felt the Bills were set up to build a nice foundation to build around for years to come.

Now, I'm feeling like we're about to become what we saw from the Cleveland Browns the previous 5 years. 

We have maybe 3-4 players on the entire roster under the age of 26 who we can build around. The cupboard has never felt as bare as it is right now. 

Allen has shown some franchise QB traits. I’m excited about him.

1 minute ago, billspro said:

Allen has shown some franchise QB traits. I’m excited about him.

It's way too early to tell.

He looked good relative to Nate Peterman, but still went 6 of 15 for 74 yards and 3 sacks taken. 

Allen has a long way to go. 

1 minute ago, billspro said:

The stats lie. He played well. He had 4-5 drops.

Every QB in the NFL deals with drops. 

He was extremely mediocre in a 44 point loss.

Next week against San Diego will be a good test. The following week at Minnesota won't be worth watching because it'll be a total train wreck. 

2 hours ago, jrober38 said:

This isn't really true. We wouldn't have both of them but we could have easily had one of them (likely Edmunds). 

Also I don't really care about making the playoffs. The goal is to win Super Bowls. 

This is so ridiculous.....how do you even know we would have edmunds......

Good for Mahommes that he had a good day......we got Tre White......Josh Allen....and Edmunds

There is no way of knowing yet which of these is going end up coming out better.....you DO know however that there is a much better offensive unit around Mahommes....he has a year in the NFL under his belt..he SHOULD be looking better right now.