SECOND HALF THREAD: Cincinnati at Buffalo- Preseason Game #3 4pm ET

Just now, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Peterman sees it and pulls the trigger. There is zero hesitation. Last year that cost him a little,  maybe this offense is better suited for that type of play. 

Developing and getting speed/timing of the game down. Amazing how many fans **** on a 5th rd pick whom shows the most potential our club has seen in years at this position. 

I want Allen to be our franchise QB but have zero problems if Peterman plays like this every game for the next 15 years.

Just now, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t think Allen should start day 1. 

He was playing today like he is still adjusting to the speed of the NFL, which is 100% expected. Things haven’t slowed down for h8m yet and that is perfectly ok. 

Nate doesn’t have nearly the talent Allen does, but you can tell there is a noticeable difference in his ability to quickly process what he is seeing. 

Let Allen sit and learn. Start Nate or AJ. That’s my opinion. 

You really only get 1 chance to start Allen, and starting him week 1 would look like they are rushing it, IMO. 

Yeah, but sitting and learning isn't a thing.

A QB improves by playing.

3 minutes ago, BillsSbSoon said:

Peterman will be the starter but allens day def wouldve looked a smidgen better if kb wanted to catch the ball in the first half

Yeah I counted 2 bad throws for Allen, both on consecutive plays. But about 4 or 5 solid throws including the great throw to Benjamin that should have been caught. And the run that should have been a 1st down. Unfortunately about 10 other plays that you can't evaluate him on.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Real McCoy said:

Developing and getting speed/timing of the game down. Amazing how many fans **** on a 5th rd pick whom shows the most potential our club has seen in years at this position. 

I want Allen to be our franchise QB but have zero problems if Peterman plays like this every game for the next 15 years.

He's not going to be playing against 2nd stringers every game for the next 15 years is the problem.

• Sad 1

The "block in the back" penalty is such bull ****. Half of our returns are called back. No other team gets as many of those penalties called against them as we do. And we're also the only team that ever gets that penalty during a RUN play. Get !@#$ed, NFL.

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

I don’t think Allen should start day 1. 

He was playing today like he is still adjusting to the speed of the NFL, which is 100% expected. Things haven’t slowed down for h8m yet and that is perfectly ok. 

Nate doesn’t have nearly the talent Allen does, but you can tell there is a noticeable difference in his ability to quickly process what he is seeing. 

Let Allen sit and learn. Start Nate or AJ. That’s my opinion. 

You really only get 1 chance to start Allen, and starting him week 1 would look like they are rushing it, IMO. 

Quick process helps with lots of things. But the O-Line cannot block anyone for couple seconds. Like Peterman Chargers game cause of it as well to point out.

Edited by Buffalo Bills Fan

Just now, 26CornerBlitz said:

Same story last week when McCarron was getting hammered in Cleveland.  The OL is putrid against 1st team DLs.

Yeah, I think the offensive scheme will involve more running in the regular season. 

3 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

Just maybe he is, but it is an absolute that your take on him from this game is premature and is worth less than nothing. Consider that.

The data suggests Allen is trash, even before the draft, this FO has no excuses, they had all the info. 

3 minutes ago, BuffaloBillsMagic1 said:

Just hope they don’t start jumping our routes

I think he learned from that. Peterman also seems to be the only guy that figured out he should throw it to 13. Peterman is only in his 2nd year. Maybe the best thing that ever happened to him was that charger game. Get that out of the way, learn from it and come out the other end smarter and stronger.

• Like (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, MiltonWaddams said:

You got all that from preseason? 

Name one legitimate positive takeaway from the first half? “No injuries” doesn’t count...

This team got lucky and backdoored their way into the playoffs off a miracle play and terrible tie breaker rules (Chargers made this team their B word, finished 9-7 and miss the post season?).  

Just go look at the teams point differential last year, as well as overall offensive and defensive rankings, doesn’t look like a playoff team. 

This was a fringe playoff team that lost their top two interior linemen and did nothing to replace them. Lost their starting MLB and #2 CB and as of right not have not replaced them with better players. I like to think Edmunds will be better than Brown, but atm it isn’t an upgrade on the field.

No real solid help in WR group.

Explain how this team is poised to do anything relevant this season???  Holes everywhere on this team with no depth.  

No point in holding onto McCoy, he isn’t in the long term plans. I’m sure Philly would love to have him back.

Clay, Hughes, Lawson, anybody with value and clearly not in the long term plan should be traded while there is still value to be had, and focus on building next year around Allen.

Edited by ThunderGun

I'm fine with starting Peterman week 1 and either feeding him to the wolves or letting him prove all his doubters--like me--very wrong.

Right now I guess our OL is looking like it's going to take a massive step backwards from last year. I think Allen is tough enough to stand back there behind the sieve of our OL, but now I'm reaching the "why risk it?" point.

I still don't have faith Peterman will be any good once the regular season hits and I think Allen starts by week 5, but I'll be happy if he proves me wrong.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Paulus said:

I think you're right. But, Allen should start.

2d team defense out there.

Allen faced similar defensive pressure that Peterman did against the Chargers. 

People just don't give enough deference to the difference between 1st and 2d team defenses.

You mean like last week when people started all the start Allen threads?