Darnold fumbles first snap

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I liked him for us, and these fumbles mean nothing longer term, but it is kind of funny.  And he does have those teeny-weeny, clutching, clawing, little dwarf fingers.  Hope he has a great career (unlike that wanker Rosen}, except when he plays us.  

Allen's hands on the other hand - like giant eagle's wings enveloping the football.

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Jet's have had the "Butt Fumble",  now what will this one be called?

...LMAO......it's part of the mandatory training that all USC QB's undergo......Sanchez, John David's Booty, Robby Johnson, Salisbury, Peete (ok), Puff Daddy Marinovich, Hot Tub Leinart, Victoria Barkley, etc....list is as good as Bflo's post Kelly.....Carson was the only shining star and certainly hope Darnold joins him on THAT side of the ledger....

• Haha (+1) 1

I realize this is a make-fun-of-Sam-Darnold thread, but can I just say how happy I am that in most of the Josh Allen highlights I've seen he is playing UNDER CENTER?  At least we won't have to worry about that part of his transition to NFL football.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, eball said:

I realize this is a make-fun-of-Sam-Darnold thread, but can I just say how happy I am that in most of the Josh Allen highlights I've seen he is playing UNDER CENTER?  At least we won't have to worry about that part of his transition to NFL football.

...he'll be fine...a 20 year old kid who just went #3 in the NFL draft stepping on the field for the VERY first time shouldn't be nervous, right?......see what poor Josh Allen is in for?......stay in school and get your PhD bud because the TBD pigeon stained red carpet is out.....

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, eball said:

This is something that helped me come around on him. Like Pat Mahomes played exclusively in a spread system at Texas Tech and he had to learn from scratch how to take snaps from under center. Allen is used to that and reading the whole field.

10 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...he'll be fine...a 20 year old kid who just went #3 in the NFL draft stepping on the field for the VERY first time shouldn't be nervous, right?......see what poor Josh Allen is in for?......stay in school and get your PhD bud because the TBD pigeon stained red carpet is out.....

MISSED.  THE.  POINT.

3 hours ago, H2o said:

Can't wait for those late November-December games in NY when it's below freezing and he has to attempt to hold onto the ball. 

the only thing i want to see from darnold is his arms twitching while trent murphy is laying on top of him.

...like meanie on bobby bouche.....sp?

Edited by billsredneck1
  • Haha (+1) 1

18 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

This is something that helped me come around on him. Like Pat Mahomes played exclusively in a spread system at Texas Tech and he had to learn from scratch how to take snaps from under center. Allen is used to that and reading the whole field.

Josh Allen was under center well over 40% of the time.

very well versed in that , which is huge for the NFL game. His play action under center is already pretty good and that will be huge with McCoy in the backfield 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Magox said:

Yes,  but he's not a Bill.   He's a the hopeful franchise QB of one of our division rivals.

Therefore we laugh at his mishaps and we seek to destroy him at every chance!

This is good healthy fun.

HA I say to Darnold . HA !! HA !!

1 hour ago, Jasovon said:

I had Darnold 4th of the top 4 QBs, his fumbling is a real issue and I can't believe how many in the media overlooked it. As it seems did the Jets.

If I'm not mistaken  his INT's were even a bigger concern then fumbles ( not if you the Jets I guess) 

1 hour ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

I liked him for us, and these fumbles mean nothing longer term, but it is kind of funny.  And he does have those teeny-weeny, clutching, clawing, little dwarf fingers.  Hope he has a great career (unlike that wanker Rosen}, except when he plays us.  

Allen's hands on the other hand - like giant eagle's wings enveloping the football.

The thing about rookies is 

They get messed with. Hazing of sorts.
Jets have 3 centers all fifth year guys. Could be Swanson was hiking to him.
Swanson likely ate a ton of beans and cabbage recently.

QB is a mind of matter game.

hilarious he fumbled so everyone in Fandom is chuckling.

LOL           PLEBE welcome to the NFL. Get humbled early

Just now, MrEpsYtown said:

Unless this guy is perfect, NY media is going to kill him. I feel bad. I liked him. The Jets blow. 

...seriously?....wait until Allen's FIRST miscue in Bflo.......the NYC media will look like lambs compared to the TBD pundits.............

9 minutes ago, Buffalo716 said:

Josh Allen was under center well over 40% of the time.

very well versed in that , which is huge for the NFL game. His play action under center is already pretty good and that will be huge with McCoy in the backfield 

Right, all Allen should be working on is his footwork and mechanics. He's a smart kid coming from a pro style system, the play book will come easy to him. It's all about muscle memory at this point. I'm getting more optimistic he can be a special QB.

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, billsredneck1 said:

the only thing i want to see from darnold is his arms twitching while trent murphy is laying on top of him.

ouch. anger issues ?
But i sure hope Trent is knocking things down often and early.

passes,  Qbs,  blockers. 

Go Murphy !

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Unless this guy is perfect, NY media is going to kill him. I feel bad. I liked him. The Jets blow. 

lets wait and see. they either are decent or retooling next season and Bowles will be gone.

Need to show they refined the Team.

Is Darnold listed as starting  the season already? all projects regardless of hype

2 hours ago, Jasovon said:

I had Darnold 4th of the top 4 QBs, his fumbling is a real issue and I can't believe how many in the media overlooked it. As it seems did the Jets.

I don’t understand it either.  To me, he’s a third rounder at best.  A less mobile Kevin Hogan.

31 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...seriously?....wait until Allen's FIRST miscue in Bflo.......the NYC media will look like lambs compared to the TBD pundits.............

Haha lol. TBD can be heartless and demanding, but is nothing compared to NY media. Their illogical fans and ridiculous Daily News writers are just going to destroy the kid. 

57 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

Well luckily we only have one news outlet.  And the trash everyone regardless.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 3rdand12 said:

ouch. anger issues ?
But i sure hope Trent is knocking things down often and early.

passes,  Qbs,  blockers. 

Go Murphy !

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

no anger issues...just wanna see some suplexes and tombstones on opposing qbs.