Did Anybody From WNY Know Terry and Kim Pegula Before 2010/2011?

53 minutes ago, BuffaloRush said:

What was Brandon supposed to be honest about?  Did you get the story of what the misconduct entailed....allegedly, of couse

Evidently, it had surfaced that Brandon was engaging in in some extra-marital activity with several female employees. I don't believe he's in trouble for harassment or anything illegal, whatever he engaged in was consensual but it's obviously less than professional behavior and when you're in the type position he's in, you're expected to act appropriately. 

So the rumors were going around and from what I've heard (and this was stated on Shred & Ragan this morning when they talked with Tyler Dunne) the Pegulas hired some law firm out of Pittsburgh to do some digging. They did their investigation and reported back to Terry and Kim that, yes, Brandon was indeed messing around. They called him in and questioned him about it and he denied it, not knowing they already had proof from the investigation they paid to have conducted. Sounds a bit like entrapment but they weren't setting out to fire him or throw him under the bus. They looked into the things they were hearing, some (or all) of those things were confirmed true, they gave Brandon a chance to fess up and instead he denied and supposedly that was what really bummed out the Pegulas. This was a guy who had been their right hand in navigating the craziness of the NFL from day one. They obviously placed a lot of trust in him for various things and he violated that trust so it was adios. I have no clue if they would've kept him on had he admitted to his behavior. They may have, and may have just told him, "Well, uh, you're gonna have to knock that off or else you're done." 

Word right now is there'll be details emerging within the next week or two. The NFL soap opera don't stop for no one!

1 hour ago, NewEra said:

How do we know that Terry Pegula isn’t a Russian spy sent here to ensure that Trump wouldn’t buy the Bills and eventually become president?  We don’t.

That theory is quite possible ;) 

I am putting my tin foil hat back on ;)

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, musichunch said:

It's some sort of low self esteem thing. Wealthy people are better than us, and we don't deserve to know anything about the people that are running this city. We have as much right to know as anybody else. 

I know I don't want to know anything more about you.

According to a deep mole in Section D out of Langley headquarters, Kim was in Dealey Plaza on Friday, November 22, 1963. As she and others dove to the ground amid shots fired, Terry leaped into action, throwing his body upon hers to shield her from the barrage. In all seriousness, Musichunch, though I do not know anything about Mr. Pegula, I've read somewhere about the remarkable life story of Kim's origins and the blessings she has experienced through the years, culminating in a chance meeting with her future husband and the rest is history as they say. Remarkable people in my book, but it's understandable if you care to know more about them.

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Bills Fan in Haiti said:

I don't know Kim, but I know her brother and father quite well ... and they know me and my wife by name. It is a great family and highly invested in everything WNY.

I'm kind of annoyed at the sexism displayed by those who insist that she must prove herself to random fans ... 

I’m from Roch (ER) myself and have a friend who taught at Fairport and knew her dad (who was a school administrator) and taught her brother—very nice family is what he’s always said.  I was lucky enough to watch a game in the one of the Bills team boxes on the road last year and had a brief discussion with her on Roch and what we both loved about growing up there—Wegmans and Abbott’s figured prominently.  She seemed pretty sincere to me in her love for both the team and the area generally.  I’m very glad she and her husband bought the team.

• Like (+1) 3

6 hours ago, musichunch said:

That's what I was looking for. Thank you. 

Go see what you can dig up on the Rigas family, would ya'?

Then again, when old man Rigas got the early release from prison, Coudersport threw him a parade.  'Three to six months to live' was the plea for early release, over two years later the old bird's still going.

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, NewEra said:

How do we know that Terry Pegula isn’t a Russian spy sent here to ensure that Trump wouldn’t buy the Bills and eventually become president?  We don’t.

Mueller gunna raid his house.

5 hours ago, musichunch said:

Every fan is invested in that team emotionally, and what it means to the community is priceless. We have every right to know who's running it. Nobody ever really asked and I'm not one to look the other way just because you kept the team in Buffalo. When a developer wants to build a park, he needs the permission of the associations around it. They have the right to ask questions. Why can't we? Why should we be cool with some billionaire treating the team we love like his own personal toy, putting his wife in charge, and not telling us anything?

I personally believe the Buffalo Bills belong to the fans 100%. I believe the team should be publicly owned. 

As for sexist, think of it more as nepotism.  

The team is not owned by the fans. You can believe it should be publicly owned, but it's not. You do not have a 'right' to know the Pegulas. They are not building a park that I know of, and if they do i am sure they will get whatever permission needed. It is his franchise and he can put whoever he wants in charge without consulting you or anyone else. I agree with DCTom.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, musichunch said:

Every fan is invested in that team emotionally, and what it means to the community is priceless. We have every right to know who's running it. Nobody ever really asked and I'm not one to look the other way just because you kept the team in Buffalo. When a developer wants to build a park, he needs the permission of the associations around it. They have the right to ask questions. Why can't we? Why should we be cool with some billionaire treating the team we love like his own personal toy, putting his wife in charge, and not telling us anything?

I personally believe the Buffalo Bills belong to the fans 100%. I believe the team should be publicly owned. 

Sorry, but this is one of the most nonsensical and ignorant posts I've ever seen in this board. I hate to break the news to you , but the Buffalo Bills are a business. That billionaire you speak of owns the team. It absolutely is his personal toy, if you want to call it that. It's a very profitable toy, but it's his and his wife's to do with as they please. They owe no one any explanation of internal decisions if they do not wish to give it. You are free to patronize the business or not, as you see fit. It's a private business, why should it be publicly owned ? Viisionary men long ago took risks and invested their money to grow the NFL into what it is today. A very lucrative private business. The Pegulas wealth enabled them to buy a franchise. The nepotism comment is also beyond ludicrous. The Bills don't belong to the fans, they belong to the owners of the team.

• Like (+1) 3

9 hours ago, blacklabel said:

Evidently, it had surfaced that Brandon was engaging in in some extra-marital activity with several female employees. I don't believe he's in trouble for harassment or anything illegal, whatever he engaged in was consensual but it's obviously less than professional behavior and when you're in the type position he's in, you're expected to act appropriately. 

So the rumors were going around and from what I've heard (and this was stated on Shred & Ragan this morning when they talked with Tyler Dunne) the Pegulas hired some law firm out of Pittsburgh to do some digging. They did their investigation and reported back to Terry and Kim that, yes, Brandon was indeed messing around. They called him in and questioned him about it and he denied it, not knowing they already had proof from the investigation they paid to have conducted. Sounds a bit like entrapment but they weren't setting out to fire him or throw him under the bus. They looked into the things they were hearing, some (or all) of those things were confirmed true, they gave Brandon a chance to fess up and instead he denied and supposedly that was what really bummed out the Pegulas. This was a guy who had been their right hand in navigating the craziness of the NFL from day one. They obviously placed a lot of trust in him for various things and he violated that trust so it was adios. I have no clue if they would've kept him on had he admitted to his behavior. They may have, and may have just told him, "Well, uh, you're gonna have to knock that off or else you're done." 

Word right now is there'll be details emerging within the next week or two. The NFL soap opera don't stop for no one!

Do you have a link for any of this? Maybe the tyler dunne interview? I usually like his stuff, not familiar with Shred and Ragan at all. 

Edited by Ol Dirty B

4 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Do you have a link for any of this? Maybe the tyler dunne interview? I usually like his stuff, not familiar with Shred and Ragan at all. 

Shred and Ragan think they're Woodward and Bernstein.  They're a lot closer to Taylor and Moore.

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are ingrained to think we are getting screwed and people have nefarious intentions. We also need a villain with Russ gone.

How about 

15 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

We are ingrained to think we are getting screwed and people have nefarious intentions. We also need a villain with Russ gone.

How about Juan Castillo?  Maybe he’s the real reason Incognito retired

What if Ralph gave away all that money not to help Buffalo and Detroit but to get Bon Jersey elected to the Rockand Roll HOF?  With his new title, Bon Jersey may have access to formerly unassociated broads and could have honey trapped Brandon to make the Pegulas look bad and he might take another run at the Bills.  This should at least be looked into by the Erie County DA.  But what if the DA likes crappy music?  Geez this could be bad.

17 hours ago, Leonhart2017 said:

I am from Olean and Kim’s father was our school’s superintendent when I was in high school. 

Was he qualified? ;-)

• Haha (+1) 1

17 hours ago, musichunch said:

Actually we as fans don't have a right to vet them. The NFL has a right. They did and the approved them.  That's the only one that counts. 

• Like (+1) 2

20 hours ago, GoBills808 said:

'Excuse me, I'd like to set up a meeting with Mr. and Mrs. Pegula....yeah, it's regarding their prospective ownership of the Bills and Sabres. No, no, I'm a fan and we're doing some vetting of candidates, just due diligence type stuff...well, me (well not really me just an alias on a bulletin board called musichunch) and a couple hundred thousand other (imaginary) fans are curious as to...oh, they're busy running a multibillion dollar enterprise, I see. Well, can I schedule something for...no, again, I'm a fan on behalf of the rest of the fans, and I though I would...yeah, I'm not doing anything important ever, I can hold.'

Corrected 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

Terry often frequented in school detention back in his teenage years. He had no respect for authority and did time in juvenile detention.

It was only after watching an episode of the Beverly Hillbilly’s did he get into the fracking business and turn his life around.

Why is this the first you ate hearing of his exploits? Hush money. Lots of it.....only I couldn’t be bought.

19 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Shredd and Ragan are co-hosts of a morning radio show on Buffalo's rock station, 103.3 The Edge. Here's the link to the audio interview with Dunne: http://www.wedg.com/2018/05/04/sr-int-5-4-bleacherreports-tyler-dunne/

During that interview they also discussed how Brandon and Whaley were bros and that possibly being the reason as to why Whaley hung around for as long as he did.

• Thank you (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

Terry often frequented in school detention back in his teenage years. He had no respect for authority and did time in juvenile detention.

It was only after watching an episode of the Beverly Hillbilly’s did he get into the fracking business and turn his life around.

Why is this the first you ate hearing of his exploits? Hush money. Lots of it.....only I couldn’t be bought.

Don’t let this distract you from the fact Buffalo, Toronto and Phoenix tanked to get McDavid, yet Edmonton tried and were just awful enough to be rewarded.

And don’t get me started on Draisaitl....

• Thank you (+1) 1

39 minutes ago, blacklabel said:

Shredd and Ragan are co-hosts of a morning radio show on Buffalo's rock station, 103.3 The Edge. Here's the link to the audio interview with Dunne: http://www.wedg.com/2018/05/04/sr-int-5-4-bleacherreports-tyler-dunne/

During that interview they also discussed how Brandon and Whaley were bros and that possibly being the reason as to why Whaley hung around for as long as he did.

I googled them after I posted that. Thanks for the response and link though. Will definitely listen 

On 5/4/2018 at 1:59 PM, musichunch said:

I'm curious if anybody from here knew or knows anybody who knew Terry and Kim Pegula pre-2010, and definitely pre-fracking days. From what I understand Terry grew up in PA and became a Sabres fan somehow, and Kim is from Fairport. 

I'm curious to know what kind of people they and their families were back in the day. I just always found it odd that these people nobody every heard of came out of nowhere to buy the Sabres, claiming to be life long fans. And now they are the biggest investors in this city, and Kim Pegula, a woman whose resume is based on hearsay and her husband's success is taking over one of the highest positions on both sports teams. The fans deserve to vet them a little bit.

Uh......You're Serious?

Terry just called me last night and wanted to know what’s up with  some of  the IDIOTS and the dumb threads on TBD.   Thought some of the wacky post might be from Patriot fans the infiltrated the site.  

Told me he loves a lot of the posters (SDS owner) 

DC Tom (LOVES HIM) 

26 CornerBlitz

Bringbackfergy 

country cletus 

Boyst 

Jay RuBeo

HappyDays

Hapless Bills Fan. (Great Mod)

aristocrat

Exiled inillinois

shadyBillsFan

johnny Hammersticks

just jack

cripple Creek 

joe sixpack

plezmed 

gugny

flaz

limeaid

turbo in the shout box is (awesome) 

and so many others. 

Wants to get together with me and talk about accepting  meadcoins for ticket payment.   

On May 5, 2018 at 11:54 AM, Binghamton Beast said:

You should have taken the money.

3 hours ago, mead107 said:

Terry just called me last night and wanted to know what’s up with  some of  the IDIOTS and the dumb threads on TBD.   Thought some of the wacky post might be from Patriot fans the infiltrated the site.  

Told me he loves a lot of the posters (SDS owner) 

DC Tom (LOVES HIM) 

26 CornerBlitz

Bringbackfergy 

country cletus 

Boyst 

Jay RuBeo

HappyDays

Hapless Bills Fan. (Great Mod)

aristocrat

Exiled inillinois

shadyBillsFan

johnny Hammersticks

just jack

cripple Creek 

joe sixpack

plezmed 

gugny

flaz

limeaid

turbo in the shout box is (awesome) 

and so many others. 

Wants to get together with me and talk about accepting  meadcoins for ticket payment.   

His love for Joesixpack might be a setup for bit chopping.  The Pegulas aren't vetted and Joe is an easy mark.

Edited by 4merper4mer

On 5/4/2018 at 2:49 PM, musichunch said:

Wow.  I mean this guy is very misguided,.  ^ 

If only people cared as much about their community and public schools, something they have a stake in, than a privately owned football team. 

• Like (+1) 2

musichunch believes that everything in sports is rigged/faked. Every single thing. Right down to Richard Zednik getting his carotid artery sliced open in Buffalo in 08 or 09, whenever that was. His words, not mine. Supposedly the blood poured out of his glove. 

13 hours ago, Jay_Fixit said:

Don’t let this distract you from the fact Buffalo, Toronto and Phoenix tanked to get McDavid, yet Edmonton tried and were just awful enough to be rewarded.

And don’t get me started on Draisaitl....

It will be OK, darling.

Or, should I say Dahlin?

23 minutes ago, arcane said:

musichunch believes that everything in sports is rigged/faked. Every single thing. Right down to Richard Zednik getting his carotid artery sliced open in Buffalo in 08 or 09, whenever that was. His words, not mine. Supposedly the blood poured out of his glove. 

Seriously?!  I just did a site search under the 'musichunch' name, only 3 results returned all dealing with this thread.  Please do enlighten us.