Nightmare scenario: Josh Allen?

KDIGGZ

The truth is, nobody knows if Allen will turn out to be a nightmare scenario or a dream scenario for whichever team selects him. Nothing more than personal opinions at this point. You have no idea which QBs, even going in the top 10, will be successful and which ones will not. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The truth is, nobody knows if Allen will turn out to be a nightmare scenario or a dream scenario for whichever team selects him. Nothing more than personal opinions at this point. You have no idea which QBs, even going in the top 10, will be successful and which ones will not. 

We can make educated guesses. 

As the video lays out, there are no successful QBs in the NFL right now who finished college with a 56% completion rate their final season. 

6 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Wow that's a lot of trades.  I guess I'd be ok with Allen if only at 12.

It is a lot of trades but I am starting to think 1 of the 4 top QBs fall and in the end I think it will be Allen. I don't think the Bills can pass him up if he is there at 12 and I have a bad feeling about the dude. He might be great but damn it don't feel like it to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

It is a lot of trades but I am starting to think 1 of the 4 top QBs fall and in the end I think it will be Allen. I don't think the Bills can pass him up if he is there at 12 and I have a bad feeling about the dude. He might be great but damn it don't feel like it to me.

Im keeping my fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

As the video lays out, there are no successful QBs in the NFL right now who finished college with a 56% completion rate their final season. 

Educated guesses are made each year on QBs taken in the first round and are right less than 35% of the time in terms of being franchise QBs. Educated guesses, when it comes to predicting success at the NFL level are nothing more than slightly better odds on your gamble...

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Educated guesses are made each year on QBs taken in the first round and are right less than 35% of the time in terms of being franchise QBs. Educated guesses, when it comes to predicting success at the NFL level are nothing more than slightly better odds on your gamble...

It's really hard to find a QB.

The odds of making a bad decision are increased if you don't pick guys like Josh Allen in round 1. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

It's really hard to find a QB.

The odds of making a bad decision are increased if you don't pick guys like Josh Allen in round 1. 

I'm all for picking a QB in round one. The odds of landing a franchise QB, while still low, are higher than the odds in subsequent rounds. My point was that nobody really knows which QBs are going to be great and which ones will not. Far too many people offering opinions as if they were facts.

• Like (+1) 1

Still cannot believe that Miami will trade up or even go for a QB. Tannehill is supposed to be their franchise guy, former 1st round pick, etc.  I see them going after one of the 2nd tier guys like White or the kid from Richmond later in the draft.  The Jets are a joke with their team of qbs;  I would love to see them pick someone else out of the blue and watch the reaction of their fans again.  

Lol, that was great.

Josh Allen is not a good NFL QB.

6 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Still cannot believe that Miami will trade up or even go for a QB. Tannehill is supposed to be their franchise guy, former 1st round pick, etc.  I see them going after one of the 2nd tier guys like White or the kid from Richmond later in the draft.  The Jets are a joke with their team of qbs;  I would love to see them pick someone else out of the blue and watch the reaction of their fans again.  

Miami will trade up for their QB and the Bills will trade for Tannehill.

You heard it here first.

49 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

No it doesn’t. If Beane let’s Miami beat us to Rosen he should be fired on the spot. 

You shouldn’t be happy with him at 12, 22 or the last pick of the 7th round. He’s TERRIBLE!!  I will never understand why someone would feel ok with Allen at 12?  It makes no sense. You’re still stalk with a bum with no accuracy. He’s Kyle Boller 2.0. 

He shouldn’t be fired on the spot, but I agree that I’d be skeptical going forward. That would be painful to watch unfold. 

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

Matt Ryan was sub 60% his final year as well.

I'm not saying Allen is Matt Ryan I'm just saying that he was sub 60%.

1 hour ago, jrober38 said:

3 games in his senior season he even completed 60%..

Against Gardner-Webb (lol)

Utah State (lol)

And Air Force (lol)

Bad receivers or not..... Yikes

He’s a pretty package, but he’s just not accurate and that’s going to be a problem.

7 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

3 games in his senior season he even completed 60%..

Against Gardner-Webb (lol)

Utah State (lol)

And Air Force (lol)

Bad receivers or not..... Yikes

He’s a pretty package, but he’s just not accurate and that’s going to be a problem.

Yeah those college qb's with a sub-60% completion rate sure do suck. This guy barely hit 55% in only one of his college seasons.  Assinine argument you have there.

Passing
Year School Conf Class Pos G Cmp Att Pct Yds Y/A AY/A TD Int Rate
Career Southern Mississippi         613 1169 52.4 7695 6.6 6.2 52 34 116.6
1987 Southern Mississippi Ind   QB 11 79 194 40.7 1264 6.5 5.0 15 13 107.6
1988 Southern Mississippi Ind   QB 11 178 319 55.8 2271 7.1 7.4 16 5 129.0
1989 Southern Mississippi Ind   QB 11 206 381 54.1 2588 6.8 6.3 14 10 118.0
1990 Southern Mississippi Ind   QB 11 150 275 54.5 1572 5.7 5.2 7 6 106.6

Edited by 255.255.255.255

Just now, 255.255.255.255 said:

Yeah those college qb's with a sub-60% completion rate sure do suck. This barely hit 55% in only one of his college seasons.  Assinine argument you have there.

Passing

P

Brett Favre is literally the only guy from the past 28 years who applies.

Now think of how many college QBs there have been over that time with a completion percentage of 56% in their final year who didn't make it. 

We're talking about dozens, possibly hundreds of QBs with that type of completion percentage who didn't make it in the NFL. 

5 minutes ago, 255.255.255.255 said:

Yeah those college qb's with a sub-60% completion rate sure do suck. This barely hit 55% in only one of his college seasons.  Assinine argument you have there.

Passing

P

ROTFLMAO

Completley different league from back then to now Heck Jim Kelly was barley a 55% guy in college

if you are a gambler 99% of the time the sub 60% completion rate QB wil fail in the modern NFL.

You could name on 1 hand the amount of succesful Franchise QB's that came into the pros with a sub 60%  over th elast 15 - 20 years

2 minutes ago, zevo said:

I am going to love reading this board when Allen is the pick 

Yep it will SUCK. it will make the rest of this offseaosn hell to endure

Edited by ddaryl

9 minutes ago, zevo said:

That will be good entertainment.  I will feel sorry for the kid with the number of wanna-be-gm's who think they are smarter than they really are. Oh they will say they watch so much film and they put in so much time, and other posters will come to their defense. Simply put, they are posters on a message board. Just because they spew pretentious crap about themselves does not make it so.

I am not really sold on any of the top guys.  I would much rather see us keep all of our picks and draft someone like Mike White late. If they take Allen or anyone else I sure as hell won't be calling for their head for at least 3 seasons... This in and of itself is part of the problem in Buffalo.

• Like (+1) 1

FWIW, listening to Sirius and both Phil Simms and Jim Miller like Josh Allen the best of all QBs.

Simms mentioned the completion percentage criticism, and pointed out that Allen threw the least amount of screens (by far) of any of the QBs.  Those screens helped pad the other QB's stats.  The also pointed out that Allen WINS, he turned the Wyoming program around...

Just another perspective to throw into the mix - I know we needed one more! :D:beer:

Edit:  Also added that Allen has the best one hand pump fake and will be able to move safeties all over the place...

Edited by Heitz
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, zevo said:

I will be happy unless they passed on Darnold to take him.  Those who want to throw a tantrum are welcome to.  I plan on throwing a tantrum if Rudolph is picked.

i love when people say "Brett Favre did it" or "Tom Brady was a 6th round pick."  literally 2 of the best QB's of ALL TIME and the only people ever to be successful from those situations.  think of the 100's if not 1000's of QB's that didn't make it.  there's literally like 30+ draft eligible QB's this year alone.  it's crazy to think any of them will be a Tom Brady or Brett Favre

Not opposed at all if the Bills can’t find the right trade to move up and land Allen at 12. The guy literally had junk receivers this year who dropped a ton of catchable balls. He had 2 interceptions in the first game against Iowa and 4 the rest of the season.

Whoever we draft this year probably isn’t going to start. At this point, assuming Rosen and Allen are in our realistic sites to acquire in the draft without giving up a fortune.  Rosen can use the year to add additional strength and Allen will have a year of additional learning.

3 hours ago, Heitz said:

FWIW, listening to Sirius and both Phil Simms and Jim Miller like Josh Allen the best of all QBs.

Simms mentioned the completion percentage criticism, and pointed out that Allen threw the least amount of screens (by far) of any of the QBs.  Those screens helped pad the other QB's stats.  The also pointed out that Allen WINS, he turned the Wyoming program around...

Just another perspective to throw into the mix - I know we needed one more! :D:beer:

Edit:  Also added that Allen has the best one hand pump fake and will be able to move safeties all over the place...

Heard this too.

He rambled at the end. Jim and pat couldn't get him off quick enough.:lol: