Nightmare scenario: Josh Allen?

KDIGGZ

The truth is, nobody knows if Allen will turn out to be a nightmare scenario or a dream scenario for whichever team selects him. Nothing more than personal opinions at this point. You have no idea which QBs, even going in the top 10, will be successful and which ones will not. 

• Like (+1) 3

Just now, billsfan1959 said:

The truth is, nobody knows if Allen will turn out to be a nightmare scenario or a dream scenario for whichever team selects him. Nothing more than personal opinions at this point. You have no idea which QBs, even going in the top 10, will be successful and which ones will not. 

We can make educated guesses. 

As the video lays out, there are no successful QBs in the NFL right now who finished college with a 56% completion rate their final season. 

6 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

Wow that's a lot of trades.  I guess I'd be ok with Allen if only at 12.

It is a lot of trades but I am starting to think 1 of the 4 top QBs fall and in the end I think it will be Allen. I don't think the Bills can pass him up if he is there at 12 and I have a bad feeling about the dude. He might be great but damn it don't feel like it to me.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Bills Pimpin' said:

It is a lot of trades but I am starting to think 1 of the 4 top QBs fall and in the end I think it will be Allen. I don't think the Bills can pass him up if he is there at 12 and I have a bad feeling about the dude. He might be great but damn it don't feel like it to me.

Im keeping my fingers crossed!

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

We can make educated guesses. 

As the video lays out, there are no successful QBs in the NFL right now who finished college with a 56% completion rate their final season. 

Educated guesses are made each year on QBs taken in the first round and are right less than 35% of the time in terms of being franchise QBs. Educated guesses, when it comes to predicting success at the NFL level are nothing more than slightly better odds on your gamble...

10 minutes ago, billsfan1959 said:

Educated guesses are made each year on QBs taken in the first round and are right less than 35% of the time in terms of being franchise QBs. Educated guesses, when it comes to predicting success at the NFL level are nothing more than slightly better odds on your gamble...

It's really hard to find a QB.

The odds of making a bad decision are increased if you don't pick guys like Josh Allen in round 1. 

1 minute ago, jrober38 said:

It's really hard to find a QB.

The odds of making a bad decision are increased if you don't pick guys like Josh Allen in round 1. 

I'm all for picking a QB in round one. The odds of landing a franchise QB, while still low, are higher than the odds in subsequent rounds. My point was that nobody really knows which QBs are going to be great and which ones will not. Far too many people offering opinions as if they were facts.

• Like (+1) 1

Still cannot believe that Miami will trade up or even go for a QB. Tannehill is supposed to be their franchise guy, former 1st round pick, etc.  I see them going after one of the 2nd tier guys like White or the kid from Richmond later in the draft.  The Jets are a joke with their team of qbs;  I would love to see them pick someone else out of the blue and watch the reaction of their fans again.  

Lol, that was great.

Josh Allen is not a good NFL QB.

6 minutes ago, Mopreme said:

Still cannot believe that Miami will trade up or even go for a QB. Tannehill is supposed to be their franchise guy, former 1st round pick, etc.  I see them going after one of the 2nd tier guys like White or the kid from Richmond later in the draft.  The Jets are a joke with their team of qbs;  I would love to see them pick someone else out of the blue and watch the reaction of their fans again.  

Miami will trade up for their QB and the Bills will trade for Tannehill.

You heard it here first.

49 minutes ago, DougFlutie7 said:

No it doesn’t. If Beane let’s Miami beat us to Rosen he should be fired on the spot. 

You shouldn’t be happy with him at 12, 22 or the last pick of the 7th round. He’s TERRIBLE!!  I will never understand why someone would feel ok with Allen at 12?  It makes no sense. You’re still stalk with a bum with no accuracy. He’s Kyle Boller 2.0. 

He shouldn’t be fired on the spot, but I agree that I’d be skeptical going forward. That would be painful to watch unfold.