Report: Bills Unlikely to Trade Up to No. 2 - Rapoport

sven233

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/report-bills-unlikely-to-trade-up-to-no-2/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928086/article/draft-buzz-bills-unlikely-to-trade-for-giants-no-2-pick?campaign=tw-nf-sf187598182-sf187598182&sf187598182=1

"From what I understand, it's not going to be one of those things where they just sell out and (trade) all the way to No. 2 with the Giants," Rapoport said. "I would be at this moment surprised if that happens."

I still think that if their #1 guy is there at 2 they do everything they can to get there. 

Hopefully there is a Plan B in place to get to 4-5 though if, for whatever reason, they can't get there.

Edited by sven233

8 minutes ago, sven233 said:

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2018/04/23/report-bills-unlikely-to-trade-up-to-no-2/

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000928086/article/draft-buzz-bills-unlikely-to-trade-for-giants-no-2-pick?campaign=tw-nf-sf187598182-sf187598182&sf187598182=1

"From what I understand, it's not going to be one of those things where they just sell out and (trade) all the way to No. 2 with the Giants," Rapoport said. "I would be at this moment surprised if that happens."

Hopefully there is a Plan B in place to get to 4-5....

bluster to get the Giants back to reality.

1 minute ago, kdiggz said:

The only way we get to 2 is by trading up to 4-6 before the draft

Yup, and at that point they may as well stay there IMO because I believe they can get the QB they want at 5 anyway. Hell may even be able to get him around the 7-9 range. Guess it will depend on Thurs night to see how the dominos start to fall.

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, Foxx said:

bluster to get the Giants back to reality.

Almost sounds like Beane talking to Gettleman doesn't it!

Just now, Ittakestime said:

Which is what I told everyone days ago. Giants aren't moving. It's what Gettleman does. Not sure how you people plan on trading for something that isn't available. 

Noted and you'll be here to say you're wrong later if it happens I'm assuming.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, horned dogs said:

Almost sounds like Beane talking to Gettleman doesn't it!

i suppose you can't blame Gettleman for trying to get the most for his pick.

Edited by Foxx

10 minutes ago, kdiggz said:

The only way we get to 2 is by trading up to 4-6 before the draft

I believe that. Gettlman will not be permitted by the Mara's to go any further without MAJOR capital coming back. His hands are tied, to an extent

2 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally dont think we need to get to 2 for this to be a success

One of these top 4 qbs are gonna fall.......not everyone is gonna take a qb

With every pick the cost becomes a little less

And with every Pick Risk that you are getting shut out more and morr 

If this team was only 3-4 starting draft picks away from really contending in the AFC I would be OK with them missing on one of the top 4 QB's.   However that's not the case.  We MUST get one of them and I hope it's the either #1 or #2 on their chart.   It sucks that not trading and adding 6 possible starters would be a failure but I think it would be.  

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I personally dont think we need to get to 2 for this to be a success

One of these top 4 qbs are gonna fall.......not everyone is gonna take a qb

With every pick the cost becomes a little less

I hear that. BUT, do you want #4? Or do you want your guy? Huge difference

Just now, BillsEnthusiast said:

Can't officially call it a failure until we see these guys pan out, but yeah the Process will lose some credibility if they don't snag one. 

No you really can. Because this process was put in place last Draft.  So if this draft doesnt come away with one of the top QBs this specific Plan to get one FAILED. And seat starts to get hot

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

And with every Pick Risk that you are getting shut out more and morr 

If we can get to 2, we should do it.  I'm not yet convinced the Giants are stuck at 2.  Further, if they aren't taking a qb themselves, I cannot really fathom a choice that would justify rejecting what they are likely to get back for the pick.

1 minute ago, BuffaloMatt said:

Two words. Aaron Maybin.....nuf said. 

Really so Maybin was the end result of a Two Year plan? To finally address the QB position?

and if not i have NO IDEA what you are trying yo say. So guess “nuf said” isnt accurate 

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, MAJBobby said:

Really so Maybin was the end result of a Two Year plan? To finally address the QB position?

and if not i have NO IDEA what you are trying yo say. So guess “nuf said” isnt accurate 

NO. You know it all. I'm sorry I veiled my point. Let me make it clear. These picks are nothing but educated guesses. Some pan out some don't. BUT you have already deemed this draft a failure if this or that doesn't happen. 

• Like (+1) 1