Report: Bills Unlikely to Trade Up to No. 2 - Rapoport

sven233

Just now, BuffaloMatt said:

NO. You know it all. I'm sorry I veiled my point. Let me make it clear. These picks are nothing but educated guesses. Some pan out some don't. BUT you have already deemed this draft a failure if this or that doesn't happen. 

Did I????  Or Did i call OBD a Failure?  For not being able yo finish their year long plan?

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

If they dont come away from Thursday without Rosen, Darnold, Mayfield (Maybe Allen). They failed. And Seat starts getting hot 

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally ?? 

And what if the target was Mason Rudolph all along ? And the move to # 12 was for a stud 

LB or DT ? 

( Generally speaking) People make some ridiculous statements based on their own opinions ( NOT facts ) and if do not agree 

( I’m pretty sure you know where I’m going with that ) 

• Like (+1) 2

Just now, BuffaloMatt said:

NO. You know it all. I'm sorry I veiled my point. Let me make it clear. These picks are nothing but educated guesses. Some pan out some don't. BUT you have already deemed this draft a failure if this or that doesn't happen. 

They passed on Watson and Mahomes, traded players to acquire draft capital for an unusually deep draft for qb at the top.  It sure as hell is a failure if they get frozen out on a top qb prospect.

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

And with every Pick Risk that you are getting shut out more and morr 

Bobby....they are not all gonna get picked one right after the other at the top of the draft there are other good prospects at other positions.

Yes......if we dont come away with a top prospect it will be dissapointing.......

but

Like I said.....I think Lamar Jackson is an excellent plan B.  He is not my top choice....but hey its the draft.

11 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I hear that. BUT, do you want #4? Or do you want your guy? Huge difference

What if they like more then one guy?

2 minutes ago, Putin said:

Reeeeeeeeeeeeally ?? 

And what if the target was Mason Rudolph all along ? And the move to # 12 was for a stud 

LB or DT ? 

( Generally speaking) People make some ridiculous statements based on their own opinions ( NOT facts ) and if do not agree 

( I’m pretty sure you know where I’m going with that ) 

Sure in 2018 draft lets pass on these guys for Mason Rudolph. I am sure that was the conversation 

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Bobby....they are not all gonna get picked one right after the other at the top of the draft there are other good prospects at other positions.

Yes......if we dont come away with a top prospect it will be dissapointing.......

but

Like I said.....I think Lamar Jackson is an excellent plan B.  He is not my top choice....but hey its the draft.

I get what you are saying. All i am pointing out is if you cant get one of the top 3 then a plan this front office put in place last year is a failure 

5 minutes ago, Dr. Who said:

They passed on Watson and Mahomes, traded players to acquire draft capital for an unusually deep draft for qb at the top.  It sure as hell is a failure if they get frozen out on a top qb prospect.

There we go someone understands 

I do not feel Brandon Beane has done a good job of calming the fan base when it comes to QBs.  With quotes like, “QB LEAGUE” or “Finding Franchise QB is GM #1 Job.”

If anything he is purposely not calmed it due to confidence that they will get a QB.

or

he has inadvertently not calmed it due to ignorance.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure in 2018 draft lets pass on these guys for Mason Rudolph. I am sure that was the conversation 

I get what you are saying. All i am pointing out is if you cant get one of the top 3 then a plan this front office put in place last year is a failure 

I think it is fair to say that the PLAN would be a failure.....the fact that the plan failed would not take into account variables like someone offering more, a team not wanting to trade, etc.

but

I think there is a difference in the QB draft plan failing and the draft itself being a failure.

Lets take what some here consider the absolute worst case scenario......

- None of the top 3 drop to 5

- We cant get a trade partner

- We take Lamar Jackson at 12....who is being eyed by the Cards at 15 anyway

- We keep our picks....and draft difference makers at LB, OL, WR

- Lamar spends a year holding a clipboard

- AJM and Lamar duke it out the following year

- AJM actually turns out to be a solid starter....Lamar ends up not being Tom Brady......but settles in around the Russell Wilson, Watson, type QB in the NFL

- The team is loaded with talent and ends up making consecutive playoffs.....becoming a real contender

At the end of the day...in that scenario.....would the DRAFT end up being a failure....i would so no we didnt get what we wanted but we got what we NEEDED.

Now...that said....give me Rosen please.

• Like (+1) 3

Last year AND this year you have the management and ownership dining with QBs, talking to QBs and the fans talking about nothing but QB. They are drafting a QB.

Sadly, last year might have actually been a much better spot to take your QB with Watson and Mahomes just sitting there. For whatever reason I think you need to be in the top 5-6 picks to have a shot at one of the top 4 this time around. They are just going to have to pay the price.

Just now, MAJBobby said:

Just now, MAJBobby said:

IMO I see Rosen as a HUGE BUST , I’m not 100% sold on Darnold as well , MY choice was , and still is Mayfield , he’s the only one I would be willing to give up 2 - 1st and what ever else it takes , 

im not an expert nor do I pretend to be , I’m simply stating my opinion,  but I will support who ever it is that we decide to go with in the draft , I maybe disappointed ( YES ) but I will leave my pitchfork in the closet ( for now ) 

I think that the Colt's and the Bronco's have to measure their love for R. Smith and Quentin Nelson against the opportunities that additional draft slots offer.   

And the Bills have to measure their love for the remaining QB's against the bounty demanded for missing those studs by the 5 and 6 teams.

So it will not be cheap to get up there to 5 or 6, but one would presume that once  Chubb, Barkley, Smith and Nelson are off the Board and with the depth at CB in the pool, that starting with #7 there could be some action for whoever is remaining of the Big 3 (or 4 or 5 depending ) QB's.  

But that is just what I am thinking at this point.

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

but

I expect that's the case. But, zero chance we move up for Jackson...or Allen. We gotta bid high, or fold. Or settle for our money back. I hope Beane goes all in. This is the time. 

Personally, Rosen, Darnold, or defense for me. Otherwise we're just slinging monies hoping to buy in

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yeah should have went to 3.

The Colts GM publicly said they didn't want to trade out of the top 10. Nothing we could do. I'm not sure it matters anyways, more and more it's looking like we can have Rosen at 5 or lower.

Edited by HappyDays

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Colts GM on record said they didn't want to trade out of the top 10. Nothing we could do. I'm not sure it matters anyways, more and more it's looking like we can have Rosen at 5 or lower.

Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em. I think Beane knows this

4 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think it is fair to say that the PLAN would be a failure.....the fact that the plan failed would not take into account variables like someone offering more, a team not wanting to trade, etc.

but

I think there is a difference in the QB draft plan failing and the draft itself being a failure.

Lets take what some here consider the absolute worst case scenario......

- None of the top 3 drop to 5

- We cant get a trade partner

- We take Lamar Jackson at 12....who is being eyed by the Cards at 15 anyway

- We keep our picks....and draft difference makers at LB, OL, WR

- Lamar spends a year holding a clipboard

- AJM and Lamar duke it out the following year

- AJM actually turns out to be a solid starter....Lamar ends up not being Tom Brady......but settles in around the Russell Wilson, Watson, type QB in the NFL

- The team is loaded with talent and ends up making consecutive playoffs.....becoming a real contender

At the end of the day...in that scenario.....would the DRAFT end up being a failure....i would so no we didnt get what we wanted but we got what we NEEDED.

Now...that said....give me Rosen please.

I liked/agree with everything you said except the Rosen part !!!

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, HappyDays said:

The Colts GM on record said they didn't want to trade out of the top 10. Nothing we could do. I'm not sure it matters anyways, more and more it's looking like we can have Rosen at 5 or lower.

Not to argue that we should have, but we could have tried to trade with someone like Tampa. Then trade up again to 3. 

Just now, BillsSbSoon said:

We cant rely on denver. Is anyone really sold elway wont take a qb? Hes not hitching the future to case keenum lets be real. 2,4, or 6 is our options

He needs to win now to keep his job. Best bet is to get good players. He has a serviceable QB

1 minute ago, BillsSbSoon said:

We cant rely on denver. Is anyone really sold elway wont take a qb? Hes not hitching the future to case keenum lets be real. 2,4, or 6 are our options

Too much $$ for Keenum to be serious contenders in 5he QB race...imo

5 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

The Colts GM publicly said they didn't want to trade out of the top 10. Nothing we could do. I'm not sure it matters anyways, more and more it's looking like we can have Rosen at 5 or lower.

Sure there was.  Move to 7 (said they would move out) then move into 3. 

So again it is just excuses saying that we couldn't get to a pick to take a QB

2 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Gotta know when to hold em, know when to fold em. I think Beane knows this

Imagine if we trade up to 5 or 6 and take Rosen, one month after Bills fans were crying we got locked out by the Jets. This is why you don't rush things and let the draft come to you.

9 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

He said there were 8 elite non QB players =  pick 12.

3 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Imagine if we trade up to 5 or 6 and take Rosen, one month after Bills fans were crying we got locked out by the Jets. This is why you don't rush things and let the draft come to you.

And Imagine when we get froze out and reach for a Jackson

It is 2004 all over again.

2 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I agree. But these are desperate times at OBD. I pray McBeane plays the hand dealt the best they possibly can. If they do, I will have no complaints. That's all I'm saying...

Am I the only one who isn't buying this?

How do you know they wouldn't move if we were at 5. 

I also think there is some posturing going on between Beane and Gettleman through media leaks.

Having said that, at 5 we may be fine. And, Gettleman realizes if he wants to trade down he needs a partner.

Edited by horned dogs

10 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Sure there was.  Move to 7 (said they would move out) then move into 3. 

What if we only like 2 QBs? The Jets made a dumb move, they don't even know what they traded for yet. I don't know why the Colts made the trade without waiting until draft night to see what offers they can get. My best guess is they decided they don't want to trade lower than 6 so it wasn't worth waiting around.

29 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

I expect that's the case. But, zero chance we move up for Jackson...or Allen. We gotta bid high, or fold. Or settle for our money back. I hope Beane goes all in. This is the time. 

Personally, Rosen, Darnold, or defense for me. Otherwise we're just slinging monies hoping to buy in

Seeing that we were ranked 29th vs the run on D, and Im pretty sure we allowed the most td’s by the run (22).....I would be disappointed if we dont get a monster on D.  Im thinking LB and QB.....or the other way around in the first round.  You cant win games if you cant get your D off the field.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, Putin said:

And who are we targeting??

I don;t know for sure it depend on how it shakes out.. I assume One of the Big 3 Mayfield Darnold or Rosen.

Its not like I expect this to go down until about half way thru Denver's time on the clock if its to be.

I mean this whole not targeting #2 can also be the Bills releasing some info to see if the Giants blink

Edited by ddaryl

35 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

When did he say this, because what he is on record saying this week is that he is willing to trade back.