October 29, 2018- Possible loudest Bills game ever?

Monday night at home against the Patriots.  Especially with a good start to the season.

Minus how that game ended,  I know the Dallas 07' MNF game usually is up there with loudest/craziest Bills games ever.  And hey this time it's the Patriots you're talking about with a prime time home game

2 minutes ago, JerseyBills said:

Was it the white out game versus the Jets? 

No.  Still remember that game vividly.  It was an awful day/ game,  got manhandled by the Jets. 

Your avatar pic came from that game which Sanchez flinching so it did have some saving grace lol

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, Another Fan said:

No.  Still remember that game vividly.  It was an awful day/ game,  got manhandled by the Jets. 

Your avatar pic came from that game which Sanchez flinching so it did have some saving grace lol

I remember it vividly too! That game was super hyped , Rex and that great defense punched us in the mouth and we never recovered..

Ill never forget Drayton Florence cause that Sanchez play ?

When looking at the schedule we have a tough first half of the season and then all of our division games in the second half of the season. I am looking forward to watching the Bills stomp the Patriots in Buffalo on Monday night. Unfortunately I will be in Colorado for my sisters wedding ugh.

Maybe we should have Guinness here for the record!!! Remember last time, Guinness said they’d never come back, after that embarrassment. 

Some d bag will drink too much and hurt himself or worse and ruin it for everyone and wed have to wait another 10 !@#$ing years for a Monday night game. 

Buffalo can’t handle the excitement of Monday night games.

Control yourselves Bills fans. Don’t blow your load prematurely and suffer the consequences.  

6223D8FD-DBBE-4CDC-B469-D9138A111081.jpeg

1 hour ago, Boatdrinks said:

Nah. There will be LOTS of Pats fans, who will load up on secondary market tickets from willing Bills fans. I wouldn't go to this one if I had a free ticket. 

This is why it will never be as loud as the early 90's

We are in the Era of the Away Fan. Tickets are more and more expensive and people are moving all over the country, also fans are motivated now to take vacations and season ticket holders will sometimes sell a game like this to make more $ on them and help pay for the rest.

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Remember when we tried to beat the record for loudest stadium and then we didn’t even come close? I think it was like 2 seasons ago?

The guy sat underneathe the upper deck overhang, and only messured the cheers after touchdowns. If he checked it during 3rd downs and was in the lower part of the 100 level, i guarantee the decibles are higher.

• Thank you (+1) 1

The loudest game I was to was a Bills Miami game in the 90s.One of the Kelly-Marino matchups.You couldn't hear a thing all game. I lost my voice a ew minutes into the game

1 hour ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

I thought it was against the Pats but I could be mistaken 

Yes. 2015 week 2. The Bills were trolling by selling football pumps at the Bills store that day lol

As far as loudest game, I don't think we'll get louder than it was in the early 90s when the stadium capacity held thousands more people. I watched a few playoff games from those year recently, and you could tell it was a totally different atmosphere then, and noticably louder than nowadays.

22 minutes ago, wagon127 said:

The guy sat underneathe the upper deck overhang, and only messured the cheers after touchdowns. If he checked it during 3rd downs and was in the lower part of the 100 level, i guarantee the decibles are higher.

I didn't know that. I remember the commentator mentioning how loud it was pre snap on the Pats opening posession, but that may not have been recorded.

Edited by Drunken Pygmy Goat

2 hours ago, kdiggz said:

If it was the season opener maybe. In recent memory the Colts game followed by the Pats game were pretty loud and crazy

The 1990 and 91 AFC Championship games were deafening,even in very cold weather.

Theres no way to say what games were the loudest but I’d take a logical stab at it and say the 80k seat Rich Stadium was much louder than out current stadium.

if the rookie qb is in and looking good, and maybe the pats are finally on the downside of the dynasty, then i think it has a chance to get loud and wild. we all want to beat the pats more than anything, and to do it on a monday night, after hours of tailgating? and it is the Halloween game...so there is that added bit of craziness. could be fun. (if the pats are still the pats*, then it could be disastrous. especially if the rookie growing pains are in full swing, or if mccaron is playing and everyone is screaming for the rook)

2 hours ago, dlonce said:

The 1990 and 91 AFC Championship games were deafening,even in very cold weather.

Theres no way to say what games were the loudest but I’d take a logical stab at it and say the 80k seat Rich Stadium was much louder than out current stadium.

The younger drunks that fill the stadium these days also seem to lose their energy by the second half. The 90’s Bills games I attended as a kid were much louder for the duration of the game imo. 

7 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

The younger drunks that fill the stadium these days also seem to lose their energy by the second half. The 90’s Bills games I attended as a kid were much louder for the duration of the game imo. 

Team was better.

I've been to roughly 100 Bills games both home and away the last 20 years.  The Dallas Cowboys Monday Night game was far and away the loudest game I've ever been to.  

My seasons were in Section 114 that season and we stood the entire game, no one sat down.  There were points in that game when the Bills were on D, where I was shouting at the top of my lungs and still could not hear myself due to the surrounding noise.  That's the only game that has ever happened

It’s time for a “flip the script” game with those guys.

A blowout win on Monday night to signal the end of their run and the start of a new era of Bills domination.

C’mon reality - start aligning with my dreams already.

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Really? What rocket scientist would be all the way up there to check noise?

8 hours ago, BillsPride12 said:

If the Bills find some miracle way of beating the Patriots then yes absolutely.  The craziest atmosphere I've ever been to was when we beat the Patriots in 2011 and that includes the Dallas Monday Night game.

Yes the play when Drayton Florence picked off Brady after it hit a lineman on the head and Drayton returned it for a touchdown for the lead. 1st play after kickoff after Bills had tied the game. Crazy loud.

Then Drayton was on front page of SI that week for that play.

Best memory of Drayton Florence by far.

7 hours ago, wagon127 said:

Yeah it was pure bull ****. Comparing the record to the Seattle sound dome when all Seattle  fans knew about the record attempt, were told exactly when they would attempt it, and then coached them to break the record. With mic on field no less.

Guinness book of losers. They must have corporate office in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 2

7 hours ago, dlonce said:

so very right. As an additional note for comparison of the 81,000 in the 1970's to 1990's vs the usual 69,000 that is considered a full house today.

Many more of the 81,000 were actually outside and yelling to the field. Now thousands are packed behind glass in the clubs and suites. Effectively muted.