Show Me Your Allegiance! Trade Up or Stay Put POLL

Trade Up or Stay Put?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Up or Stay Put in Round 1?

There has been a lot of debate on here that boils down to two things.

Where do you stand?  Go on the record.  

I'm all for swinging for the fences and going for Darnold Rosen or Mayfield.  

FWIW, I searched 5 pages of topics and could not find anything similar.  If missed something then please flame on, Mods.  

Edited by thunderingsquid

Man, I get both sides of the argument. Trade up and take a shot for a franchise QB we've all long wanted in Buffalo...or stay put and replenish the roster with talent. I am with the trade up group because I feel like we've tried the other way all to often and it hasn't worked out too well for us. Its time to take our shot. 

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

There has been a lot of debate on here that boils down to two things.

Where do you stand?  Go on the record.  

I'm all for swinging for the fences and going for Darnold Rosen or Mayfield.  

FWIW, I searched 5 pages of topics and could not find anything similar.  If missed something then please flame on, Mods.  

I agree and wouldn't mind any of those 3, but Mayfield needs to loose the head band. He was my favorite a couple months ago but Darnold and Rosen have grown on me. I am a fan of his play I just think he looks like an azs clown with that stoopid head band!

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate to be the guy in the “it depends” crowd but the price matters to me. My ideal scenario at this point is 6 or 7 and still getting Rosen. 

That's where I'm at as well. Only way it makes sense to give up what it would take to get to 2 is if we think the Jets are going to take "our guy" whomever that may be.

• Like (+1) 1

I'm staying put.  My philosophy is that you trade up only if you have a guy you know can and will start on Day 1.  To me, that means a Manning (either one) or a Luck.  I don't see that in this draft.

30 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I hate to be the guy in the “it depends” crowd but the price matters to me. My ideal scenario at this point is 6 or 7 and still getting Rosen. 

That would be ideal, but you won't know if he or anyone for that matter will drop until after you pass on trading to #2. Are you willing to take that risk?

I was scared of the cost at first then I thought about the Texans. Are they kicking themselves for trading up and giving up what turned into #4 this year? I doubt it.

Edited by Chemical

I can only say that I'd hate to be under the pressure of the guy we spent what it's probably going to take to trade up to get. Fans will jump on him so bad if he doesn't turn out to be the next Jim Kelly.

Trade up and get a QB who can turn the franchise around.

Now or never.

If it fails, no big deal.  We are used to that around here.

I honestly hope Pegula has given Beane some kind of assurance that as long as he is happy with his performance, overall, a MISS on the QB is NOT going to automatically cost him his job.  Gives him instant balls to go for it.

• Like (+1) 2

Impossible to answer unless you can trade up to #1.  Otherwise it depends.

If the Bills evaluate Mason Rudolph as the top QB prospect, should they trade up to #1 to take him.  Those that voted "trade up" would say yes.

If the Bills evaluate Sam Darnold as the top QB prospect, and he drops to 7 or 8, should they trade up to take him.  Those that voted "stay put" would say no.

32 minutes ago, snamsnoops said:

I agree and wouldn't mind any of those 3, but Mayfield needs to loose the head band. He was my favorite a couple months ago but Darnold and Rosen have grown on me. I am a fan of his play I just think he looks like an azs clown with that stoopid head band!

But if he takes it off he loses at least 10 percentage points in accuracy!  

• Haha (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Can you make the results public? 

I thought I did, I think I checked the box. Just click on the "see who voted for this" little head link to the right of each bar on the bar graph.  

Let me know if that ain't clear.  

Edited by thunderingsquid

43 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Man, I get both sides of the argument. Trade up and take a shot for a franchise QB we've all long wanted in Buffalo...or stay put and replenish the roster with talent. I am with the trade up group because I feel like we've tried the other way all to often and it hasn't worked out too well for us. Its time to take our shot. 

Heh?   Tell me which is the best QB among the 3,4,5,6 top ones. 

For this that want to stay put at 12 and wait for a QB........I just don’t understand.  It won’t take much for Arizona to get ahead of us.  It won’t take much for any team to get ahead of us.  Unless you really want Mason Rudolph (puke) or Lamar Jackson as your QB, your foolish to hope that one of the top 4 falls to 12.  It’s a gamble that just doesn’t make sense and I’ll be skeptical of the regimeis if they don’t trade up from 12.  Even if it’s just to 5-10.  We must trade up or Rudolph /Jackson will be our QB.

• Like (+1) 1

I am not as convinced that this class of quarterbacks is worth mortgaging the team's future.  Yes, the most important position in the NFL is a quarterback, but that does not mean you take any quarterback because there is a need. We did that in 2013 and that did not turn out well.  This may be a similar situation.

Edited by longtimebillsfan
typo
  • Like (+1) 1