Show Me Your Allegiance! Trade Up or Stay Put POLL

Trade Up or Stay Put?  

260 members have voted

1. 1. Trade Up or Stay Put in Round 1?

Just now, reddogblitz said:

Thanks for the correction.

we followed your plan in 2004. How did it work out?

Read the edit. It's explained thoroughly there. Their initial move up plan for Ben fell through. What followed was a panic at the END of round 1. Not a good idea. Get to the top 

• Like (+1) 1

Trade what?

and for who?

your vague question unfortunately means I say stay put. 

I would trade a 2nd to go from 12 to 8 to get Rosen or Baker. 

Im not trading my draft away to move to 5 and have no chance at the Big 4. 

If they believe there’s a franchise guy there then cost doesn’t matter.

How many first and second rounders not named QB has this team actually hit on?

Having a bunch of picks doesn’t correlate to successful drafting. 

The time is NOW.

16 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Read the edit. It's explained thoroughly there. Their initial move up plan for Ben fell through. What followed was a panic at the END of round 1. Not a good idea. Get to the top 

We agree (I think).  Trade up for somebody good IF you have good reason to believe he is THE GUY.  DO NOT trade up for Just a Guy.  Stand pat in the case where you don''t ave that feeling or the price is just too high (#1 next year).

• Like (+1) 1

With 6 picks in the top 100, Buffalo can fill a lot of holes with starters.  I just can't see giving all that away on a single player - one who may not pan out.  This QB class still seems suspect to me - this isn't exactly an Elway/Marino/Kelly type of QB class.  Time will tell and I could be wrong, but just not seeing it happening that way.  If Bills can draft well again this year with all these picks, they will be well on their way towards being a regular playoff contender.

• Thank you (+1) 1

6 hours ago, whatdrought said:

I say, what are you asking? 

That's negotiation basics. Don't be the first to show the hand. If they're calling  (and they will be) we're in the drivers seat. 

If they come back and say two firsts this year, and a first next year I counter with 12, 22, and 96. (likely expecting them to ask for 65 back instead of 96, which i am fine with). 

In bartering and negotiation, as soon as you decide that you absolutely must have a thing, you've already lost. 

Yes, whomever mentions numbers first loses.

Not sure it works that way in this business but it would be foolish for the team with the pick to just ask for a final offer.

It would likely be something like this:

New England is offering both firsts and seconds and something next year to move to our spot,can you beat that?

When we do they will go to NE and play the same game until a team bows out.

9 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

There has been a lot of debate on here that boils down to two things.

Where do you stand?  Go on the record.  

I'm all for swinging for the fences and going for Darnold Rosen or Mayfield.  

FWIW, I searched 5 pages of topics and could not find anything similar.  If missed something then please flame on, Mods.  

This is an unpossible question to answer.  I'd love to move up, most would, but the cost is an important piece of the equation. 

• Like (+1) 1

5 hours ago, Uncle Joe said:

Right now I'm going to trust the process. This is Beane's first draft for the Bills. He has more info than any us. 
My hope is that we can wait until 12 to get the QB he wants n this years draft. That being said I would like to be able to watch rounds 2 and 3 as well:D

I second that thought!

The thing we need to understand is,what is  Beane's football philosophy?Is it, the QB makes the team,or the team makes the QB.If it's the latter,he's going to need all the picks he can get!

We know Sean's the 1 of 11 mindset,so you figure, he could go either way.

12 hours ago, Wily Dog said:

2016 - Goff and Wendt

2017-- Watson and Mahones

2018-- Darnold, Rosen , Allen , and Mayfield. 

I totally expect Beane to go up to 2 , Accomplishing  it by going to 4 , 5 , 0r 6 and then to 2. I will defer to Beane in the selection as he knows infinitely more about the players than I do. Also , more than the posters on this board who claim to know . If the pick doesn't,t work out , then you try again. That is why we had those picks in the first place , to get a QB , not to perk up the rest of the roster.

Getting a MLB that is better than a street FA is NOT "perking up the rest of the roster".  Replacing the only two all-pros on the offensive line is NOT "perking up the rest of the roster".

11 hours ago, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

We'll never win on a consistent basis without a QB.

Yep,  let's hope those hikes back to the single wing tailback will be a thing of the past.

I find this hard cause to answer because we don't no what the #1-3 teams in draft are going to do.. and what they do decide what we have to do!

the problem at hand is other people trading up so do you sit and gamble in a decent QB draft or do you get it done? I say GET IT DONE!

I think what makes this leading up to the draft so exciting for me are the multiple QBs projected to be quality NFL starters and Franchise Face Players.  Add that to the multiple of picks we have in the draft to enable the Bill to trade up and get the QB they want.  Now add the intrigue of who is going to be selected where, how many Qbs picked in front of the BIlls', and the curiosity of when and how far to trade up with and with who. This next week is going to be exciting and hopefully ends with a huge smile for us Bills faithful.  I think the

Bills trade up however I have no clue who with or who they want.  I am not a big fan of Rosen however it is not based on his play moreso his Concussion history already.  I dont think you put that many assets on a player who has an injury history.  I think Darnold will give someone a very good QB, however if I am going to swing for the fences in the bottom of the 9th with the bases loaded down by 3 and a 3-0 count I am going after Mayfield.  He to me does it all.  He needs to tone it way down but who doesnt at a young age.

16 hours ago, Watkins101 said:

Im not too keen on moving up unless Mayfield or Darnold falls to 6-7, then I think we should move up before it is too late.

i hope this happens....am hopeful, but if one makes it past 4 ,we have to deal with denver or someone else will.

19 hours ago, thunderingsquid said:

There has been a lot of debate on here that boils down to two things.

Where do you stand?  Go on the record.  

I'm all for swinging for the fences and going for Darnold Rosen or Mayfield.  

FWIW, I searched 5 pages of topics and could not find anything similar.  If missed something then please flame on, Mods.  

Should have made it a public poll so down the road you can watch switchs sides

• Haha (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Mike in Horseheads said:

Should have made it a public poll so down the road you can watch switchs sides

It is public, just click on the icon to the right of each bar in the graph to see who voted for what.  

Still holding pretty steady at 75/25!

I just hope I am on the right side of history! 

Edited by thunderingsquid

2 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

It is public, just click on the icon to the right of each bar in the graph to see who voted for what.  

Still holding pretty steady at 75/25!

I just hope I am on the right side of history! 

It's definitely public. Not sure why folks are having such difficulty with that. :lol::thumbsup:

• Thank you (+1) 1