Honestly, does anyone actually miss the Jills?

JPL7

3 hours ago, JPL7 said:

https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/cheerleaders-say-groping-sexual-harassment-part-job-theyre-not-ones-200923623.html

This problem was solved completely  a few years ago when the Jills were disbanded. I attend games for the football, not for some women bouncing around. I do not miss them one bit. To me, it's a no-brainer that the bang for the buck of having cheerleaders just isn't worth it. It's a distraction if anything at all at the games, they don't add much of anything to the experience, and none us want to hear all the noise coming from the harassment front.

Does anyone truly miss them or feel like they legitimately added anything worthwhile to the games?

Why did you have to bring them up ??

i was over them , took me a while but I recovered. 

It's one thing to have cheerleaders at high school basketball games, where you can actually hear them cheer, but in a football stadium doesn't make much sense. Maybe for fans on TV, but not in the stadium. But they were a tradition, so in that sense, it's a shame they are gone.

Just now, klos63 said:

It's one thing to have cheerleaders at high school basketball games, where you can actually hear them cheer, but in a football stadium doesn't make much sense. Maybe for fans on TV, but not in the stadium. But they were a tradition, so in that sense, it's a shame they are gone.

The tradition I miss is being able to bring your own beef into the stadium.

Just now, klos63 said:

That’s my thing, it’s simply tradition. It’s part of the complete American experience known as football. I’d probably care less if they weren’t replaced by the stupid drum corps. I know that I hold an unpopular opinion on TBD regarding the drummers, but they just don’t do much for me. It seems cheesy to me, and I could live without a bunch of guys beating their drums every break in the action.  

2 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

I don't miss them at all.  good riddence IMHO.

The bolded is my beef with it.  The NFL markets the you know what out of them.  The show them when they go to and come of commercials and have them at the Pro Bowl etc. yet pay the $20 a game or some such nonesense.

If they were pay each of them say $100,00 per year I'd be cool with it.  But they don't, so I'm not.

:blink:

Boy, sure is easy to spend other people's money!   $100,000 for waving pop-pops for 100 hours a year.  Where do I sign up?

I still don’t understand why ppl still comment about the Jill’s? Literally who could care less, they weren’t even good looking, cept maybe some crusty old timers looking for a young chick to polish their 9 irons at some team sponsored shoot and stroke.

The worst looking cheerleading group in professional sports history... not missing them one bit. That was the only thing my dolphin fanboy brother could say the dolphins were better than us. We were an embarrassment to cheerleaders world wide. Looked like a bunch of individuals who ‘identified’ as female cheerleaders. 

So so I guess my short answer is ‘no’

• Haha (+1) 2

6 hours ago, DaBillsFanSince1973 said:

if you hadn't created this thread and a great thread by the way, I would have forgot all about them Jills.

A thread of this nature comes up every so often like clockwork.

I don't understand the hate for the Jills.

They were doing something they loved doing and did it on a volunteer basis, basically.

What's so bad about that?

• Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Fadingpain said:

A thread of this nature comes up every so often like clockwork.

I don't understand the hate for the Jills.

They were doing something they loved doing and did it on a volunteer basis, basically.

What's so bad about that?

Well said. I suppose all of the handsome men on this board feel the need to trash these women who were just in it for the fun. I’m sure all of these posters have models as wives/gf’s. The Jill’s  obviously didn’t have the fake plastic look that you’ll find Miami or LA, but it was just a fun experience for most of these women. 

• Like (+1) 1

WHAT!!!!  Did they retire too? NOOOOOO!!!!!!

39 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

The worst looking cheerleading group in professional sports history... not missing them one bit. That was the only thing my dolphin fanboy brother could say the dolphins were better than us. We were an embarrassment to cheerleaders world wide. Looked like a bunch of individuals who ‘identified’ as female cheerleaders. 

Truth!

13 minutes ago, DriveFor1Outta5 said:

Well said. I suppose all of the handsome men on this board feel the need to trash these women who were just in it for the fun. I’m sure all of these posters have models as wives/gf’s. The Jill’s  obviously didn’t have the fake plastic look that you’ll find Miami or LA, but it was just a fun experience for most of these women. 

I am 100% positive that there are more than enough beer drinking, wing eating, hardcore Bills fans that would volunteer to make fools of themselves in front of thousands to have amazing access and coverage with the organization. Would you call them saints also?

22 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

I am 100% positive that there are more than enough beer drinking, wing eating, hardcore Bills fans that would volunteer to make fools of themselves in front of thousands to have amazing access and coverage with the organization. Would you call them saints also?

They’d be disappointed when they found out how little access they actually receive. The fanboys would flee once they discover they don’t get the opportunity to talk to the players, or anyone else of significance. 

1 hour ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Is that you in your avatar?

Maybe tone down your comments about looks if it is, Francis.

The answer is “yes but not enough.” No one hated seeing them. Hell, most often the turnout at local events to meet the Jills seemed to exceed the turnout to meet the players during the drought. But no one misses them enough to pay them what they would demand to come back. Clearly someone felt the conflict coming by contracting them out long ago. 

It's a tired dinosaur whose time has passed, maybe especially now given the advent of the #metoo movement.

I like pretty women as much as the next guy, but regardless of whether they love doing it or not maybe we should strive for something more for our daughters and sisters than jumping and twisting while scantily clad in front of thousands of potentially drunk and obnoxious people.

The recipe is a bad one and the taste it leaves behind is absolutely bland as a seasoning to the game you watched.  Don't believe me?  Then search you memory for great moments in cheerleading.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2