Jags releasing Allen Hurns, Bills have interest

27 minutes ago, RPbillsfan said:

4.55 coming out of college.  Slower now, issues getting seperation.  Not what Bills need to compliment their receiving corp

Well, he would be the fastest WR on the roster from day 1....:bag:

2 minutes ago, Lurker said:

Well, he would be the fastest WR on the roster from day 1....:bag:

Whose roster?

Just now, YoloinOhio said:

They have $22M with every other signing except for Bodine and Newhouse?  Not bad if true.

Edited by Doc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Two guys I targeted as possible cuts this off season were Shea McClellin and Allen Hurns! Now they are available! I'm so excited and I am getting ready for a let down. 

What is McClellin’s health issue that led to the failed physical? 

Just now, Doc said:

OK, that sounds more like it.  What did Kyle get and how much of a pay cut did RI take?

Kyle was 6 mill. I don’t know what Richie’s new cap hit is but iirc he didn’t take an actual cut, just converted to SB to lower cap hit. 

48 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

What is McClellin’s health issue that led to the failed physical? 

He was on IR because of a bad concussion. He was recovered and then had a set back, so I figure it has something to do with that. But if he wants to play and is recovered we should give him a shot. 

1 hour ago, RPbillsfan said:

4.55 coming out of college.  Slower now, issues getting seperation.  Not what Bills need to compliment their receiving corp

Yea, agree if that is true.. I am not a fan of any wide receiver that cannot get separation. I rather get DJ Chark in the 2-3rd round. He is very fast and underrated, as his qb in college did not know how to throw or use him. You cannot go wrong with that guy with that name and potential. Also,  let’s get Micheal Gallup in the 5th round or so. He sounds like a horse that could get open :) . I miss the days of James Jet, Rocket  Ishmael, Don Beebe, Mike Quick, as wide receivers. And for running backs Speedy Neal and Booker Moore. Even if some were busts. average or below, we could think big. Seriously though, I do not know enough about Allen Hurns. They are releasing him for some reason, and perhaps it is that separation issue, if not other.

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Whose roster?

They have $22M with every other signing except for Bodine and Newhouse?  Not bad if true.

Minus the 10 million and Beane said he likes to have some room for in season moves.  They are pretty much strapped 

39 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Can he play slot? If he can’t its a non starter 

Why? Zay is much more suited to playing the slot. 

Unless that was sarcasm? If so, I'll just crawl under a rock. 

27 minutes ago, drf1835 said:

Yea, agree if that is true.. I am not a fan of any wide receiver that cannot get separation. I rather get DJ Chark in the 2-3rd round. He is very fast and underrated, as his qb in college did not know how to throw or use him. You cannot go wrong with that guy with that name and potential. Also,  let’s get Micheal Gallup in the 5th round or so. He sounds like a horse that could get open :) . I miss the days of James Jet, Rocket  Ishmael, Don Beebe, Mike Quick, as wide receivers. And for running backs Speedy Neal and Booker Moore. Even if some were busts. average or below, we could think big. Seriously though, I do not know enough about Allen Hurns. They are releasing him for some reason, and perhaps it is that separation issue, if not other.

And I’d rather draft Darnold at 12 rather than trading up for him.  That doesn’t mean it’s going to happen.  Chark has been one of the fastest risers this offseason.  I’d be surprised if he’s there for us in the 2nd rd.  

• Like (+1) 2