Rumor: Trade up discussion with Giants

I posted in another tread

To move up to #2  might  offer #12  ,  #22  ,   2019  #1   and a player if necessary. Maybe 2019 , 2nd rd also

The Bills need the remainder of 2018 picks  for needed players now. 

With all the cap space in 2019 from dead cap leaving , will have plenty of cap space for free agency to cover loss of 2019 #1.

Giants will have big time offers after Jets moved to #3. This could be the most important draft ever.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, ALF said:

I posted in another tread

To move up to #2  might  offer #12  ,  #22  ,   2019  #1   and a player if necessary. Maybe 2019 , 2nd rd also

The Bills need the remainder of 2018 picks  for needed players now. 

With all the cap space in 2019 from dead cap leaving , will have plenty of cap space for free agency to cover loss of 2019 #1.

Giants will have big time offers after Jets moved to #3. This could be the most important draft ever.

No other team will have 2 1sts to offer this year nor the overall draft capital in 2018 to realistically be able to offer 2 1sts, a 2nd and a 3rd.

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 5

Man, that IS a king's ransom to make that move...in fact, it would seem that would be enough to get to #1.....if the Giant's counter, I'd love to know how much more they think they can get....woof!

In many ways, for all of that, I'd rather stay put....wow.

• Like (+1) 7

3 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

That is exactly what my opening offer would be..... that isn't to say I believe the rumour.... but that is where I would start.  Let the Giants try and talk me up from there.  

Not sure I totally believe it given that it’s IB, but there is enough smoke out there plus it’s not an outlandish haul being offered, it’s what many predicted. This is now the 3rd “source” I’ve seen saying the Bills are moving to 2: Eric Galko, that guy from yesterday (Zambito or whoever) and IB.

Edited by YoloinOhio

1 minute ago, BrooklynBills said:

Bob is pretty good with NY teams rumors. I would take this is as close to true as you can get based on his history.

What major signings has he gotten? Was he in on Mario Watch?  Honest question.

Were this to happen, this draft will define the AFC East for years to come.  Hope the Bills get the right QB and Jets get the lesser QB.  However, my fear is that NE will take Rudolph and he will end up being the next Brady, (there is a thread about this) so it will all be for naught.

• Like (+1) 2

How does something that specific and detailed get leaked?  I could see a leak that the Bills are in talks to trade up and are willing to part with some serious draft capital including the two 1st rounders and some additional picks to do it, but to list the specific picks in every round? 

If I were the Bills I would be a bit pissed off if this report is accurate, you know the Bills aren't leaking this info. If this report is true, the leak must be coming from the Giant's side. I'm sure the Bills would expect the professional courtesy of keeping their negotiations with the Giants on the low down.  Leaking details of the negotiations to the media is just not kosher.  

We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

We will make the trade . It makes sense. Get either Darnold or Rosen and get our franchise guy for the next 12 years. Next year we will have almost 100 million in FA money. Spend it on building arou d rookie and Defense. 

This year we would still have these picks after the trade. Not bad.

1st

2nd 

3rd

4th

5th

6th

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Inigo Montoya said:

How does something that specific and detailed get leaked?  I could see a leak that the Bills are in talks to trade up and are willing to part with some serious draft capital including the two 1st rounders and some additional picks to do it, but to list the specific picks in every round? 

If I were the Bills I would be a bit pissed off if this is report accurate, you know the Bills aren't leaking this info. If this report is true, the leak must be coming from the Giant's side. I'm sure the Bills would expect the professional courtesy of keeping their negotiations with the Giants on the low down.  Leaking details of the negotiations to the media is just not kosher.  

We'll just have to wait and see how it all plays out.

I think IB is more connected to either the Jets or Nyg than the Bills, if I recall correctly 

Edited by YoloinOhio

7 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

It’s a tough bar to hurdle but thank you 

Can you dress yourself, and tell the difference between your/you’re?

Congratulations, your better than Bleacher Report. 

• Haha (+1) 2