Rumor: Trade up discussion with Giants

2 minutes ago, rodneykm said:

Sure it does. I think Darnold is going to be a massive, massive bust. 

That's, think what you want. He's one of the best QB prospects to come out the last 10 years, that's not just my opinion. 

The problem with Darnold is he is also one of the youngest ever so sitting him makes sense. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

That's steep.  The Jets got to #3 for a few 2nds and their #6--and they took deep sh''t for that.

I know they only moved up 3 spots, but if they are convinced their guy isn't there at #6, then they may as well have been picking 12th, 20th etc.  In other words ,they get to pick at #3 for a lot less than the Bills would pay for #2. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s throwing at his pro day today and it’s supposed to rain! Gasp

Get ready for massive overreaction if his day goes/ does not go well.

Goes Well - Guy can play in inclement weather

Does not go well  - Soft, cant play outdoors, typical Cali kid, cant handle the Buffalo tundra. 

5 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

Not just my opinion. Most feel that way. 

Then you should be happy to be a part of the crowd! I am not and truly feel like Darnold is going to really stink the joint up. 

Edited by rodneykm
  • Like (+1) 2

Of course there are talks going on.  That's Bean's job.  And Gettleman's.  I would bet there are talks going on with Cleveland as well.

Beane is doing exactly hat he should be doing.  He is finalizing things with his scouts, McD, etc. on just how they feel about the QBs in the draft.   I am sure they are having conversations with each guy they think they'd like - isn't Rosen scheduled for an official visit?  And based on all that, if they see a guy they really want, then they have the capital to make a move up, and they can get to 2 or even 1 and move ahead of the Jets, who either are OK with three QBs in the draft or played their hand way too early.

This last 4 days are a source of amusement for me.  All this doom and gloom about the Jets robbing us of a QB, when the truth is exactly the opposite. We are in position to rob them of their preferred guy.  We can either move up to1 or 2 if we have to have a guy.  Yes it may cost a ton to convince the Browns or Giants to move but so be it if it's a guy you think is the answer.  Or if we see guys dropping we can move to 4 or 6 or somewhere above whomever we need to so we get our guy.   If they like Jackson or Rudolph, see them as having equal value to the other guys, they can sit tight, take a guy like a Smith at 12 and then their QB at 22.  It all comes down

Beane didn't panic.  The Jets did. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's steep.  The Jets got to #3 for a few 2nds and their #6--and they took deep sh''t for that.

I know they only moved up 3 spots, but if they are convinced their guy isn't there at #6, then they may as well have been picking 12th, 20th etc.  In other words ,they get to pick at #3 for a lot less than the Bills would pay for #2. 

In most places the 6th pick has more value than the 12th.  Of course the 31st pick is the MOST valuable because your Pats have it.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Well the big reason is the Colts probably still get there guy at #6.  They wouldn't probably get him at #12.  The Bills have further to move and for a better pick.

The Eagles had to move from #13, to #8 and then to #2 to get Wentz.

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

Well the big reason is the Colts probably still get there guy at #6.  They wouldn't probably get him at #12.  The Bills have further to move and for a better pick.

The Eagles had to move from #13, to #8 and then to #2 to get Wentz.

Rams went from 15 to 1 for Goff tho.