Rumor: Trade up discussion with Giants

9 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

That's steep.  The Jets got to #3 for a few 2nds and their #6--and they took deep sh''t for that.

I know they only moved up 3 spots, but if they are convinced their guy isn't there at #6, then they may as well have been picking 12th, 20th etc.  In other words ,they get to pick at #3 for a lot less than the Bills would pay for #2. 

Whats the difference in value for a team moving back 3 spots in comparison to 10 spots and out of the top 10 like the Giants would be doing?

That might be the reason.

Edited by dlonce

13 minutes ago, 4merper4mer said:

In most places the 6th pick has more value than the 12th.  Of course the 31st pick is the MOST valuable because your Pats have it.

Except for that guy a couple weeks ago claiming the 33rd pick was the most valuable pick in the entire draft.

Just now, Royale with Cheese said:

Well the big reason is the Colts probably still get there guy at #6.  They wouldn't probably get him at #12.  The Bills have further to move and for a better pick.

The Eagles had to move from #13, to #8 and then to #2 to get Wentz.

The Colts' guy isn't one of the top 3 QBs.  I don't know who they see at 6.  But the Jets odds of getting who they want got infinitely better  (moving 6 to 3)  for 2 2nd rounders this year.  For the Bills to do that it will cost them the top of their draft.

I wonder what the BIlls offered the Colts?

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Of course there are talks going on.  That's Bean's job.  And Gettleman's.  I would bet there are talks going on with Cleveland as well.

Beane is doing exactly hat he should be doing.  He is finalizing things with his scouts, McD, etc. on just how they feel about the QBs in the draft.   I am sure they are having conversations with each guy they think they'd like - isn't Rosen scheduled for an official visit?  And based on all that, if they see a guy they really want, then they have the capital to make a move up, and they can get to 2 or even 1 and move ahead of the Jets, who either are OK with three QBs in the draft or played their hand way too early.

This last 4 days are a source of amusement for me.  All this doom and gloom about the Jets robbing us of a QB, when the truth is exactly the opposite. We are in position to rob them of their preferred guy.  We can either move up to1 or 2 if we have to have a guy.  Yes it may cost a ton to convince the Browns or Giants to move but so be it if it's a guy you think is the answer.  Or if we see guys dropping we can move to 4 or 6 or somewhere above whomever we need to so we get our guy.   If they like Jackson or Rudolph, see them as having equal value to the other guys, they can sit tight, take a guy like a Smith at 12 and then their QB at 22.  It all comes down

Beane didn't panic.  The Jets did. 

You don't know squat!

We have no idea what the Jets intentions are so how can we be sure they made a mistake?

6 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Of course there are talks going on.  That's Bean's job.  And Gettleman's.  I would bet there are talks going on with Cleveland as well.

Beane is doing exactly hat he should be doing.  He is finalizing things with his scouts, McD, etc. on just how they feel about the QBs in the draft.   I am sure they are having conversations with each guy they think they'd like - isn't Rosen scheduled for an official visit?  And based on all that, if they see a guy they really want, then they have the capital to make a move up, and they can get to 2 or even 1 and move ahead of the Jets, who either are OK with three QBs in the draft or played their hand way too early.

This last 4 days are a source of amusement for me.  All this doom and gloom about the Jets robbing us of a QB, when the truth is exactly the opposite. We are in position to rob them of their preferred guy.  We can either move up to1 or 2 if we have to have a guy.  Yes it may cost a ton to convince the Browns or Giants to move but so be it if it's a guy you think is the answer.  Or if we see guys dropping we can move to 4 or 6 or somewhere above whomever we need to so we get our guy.   If they like Jackson or Rudolph, see them as having equal value to the other guys, they can sit tight, take a guy like a Smith at 12 and then their QB at 22.  It all comes down

Beane didn't panic.  The Jets did. 

You don't know that :thumbsup:

1 minute ago, dlonce said:

Whats the difference in value for a team moving back 3 spots in comparison to 10 spots and out of the top 10 like the Giants would be doing?

That might be the reason.

If you want a QB, you have to be in the top 5. 

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

The Colts' guy isn't one of the top 3 QBs.  I don't know who they see at 6.  But the Jets odds of getting who they want got infinitely better  (moving 6 to 3)  for 2 2nd rounders this year.  For the Bills to do that it will cost them the top of their draft.

I wonder what the BIlls offered the Colts?

I think since they can't get to the QB, I think they'll go after Chubb from NC State.

Maybe Nelson from ND too since they also can't protect the QB.

1 minute ago, BuffaloHokie13 said:

Nah.

Tennessee gave #1, #113, and #177

Rams gave #15, #43, #45, #76, Future 1, and Future 3

Bills' offer is more compelling IMO, even if it's 5 picks vs 6

5 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Is this rumor good enough they are talking about it on wgr? 

Any rumor from Incarcerated Bob is a bad rumor. I can't believe that guy still gets media attention. They're talking about it on WGR because OBD is airtight with their leaks so there is nothing else to talk about.

Edited by HappyDays

1 minute ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I think since they can't get to the QB, I think they'll go after Chubb from NC State.

Maybe Nelson from ND too since they also can't protect the QB.

Colts don't want a QB, that's why they traded down.

Knowing the Colts wouldn't be interested in QB, why didn't the Bills get more aggressive with the Colts?

• Like (+1) 1