Colts' LB Edwin Jackson Killed by Suspected Drunk Driver on I-70

Absolutely rediculous. People need to grow the hell up. 

So sad for this guy and his family.

Drinking and driving is proof you are an idiot.

We need mandatory jail time for dwi's, and a 10 year minimum revocation of driving priviledges. There needs to be real repurcussions beyond greenbacks.

• Like (+1) 2

41 minutes ago, Elite Poster said:

Don't drink and drive. When will we learn. 

Another thing to learn:

Be responsible and avoid vehicle stoppages on highways insofar as you can.  In Germany, running out of gas on the Autobahn is illegal.

And if you are going to pull over, get the F off the road and don't loiter around, b/c you never know when some drunk is going to come by and kill you.

Get behind a guard rail and give yourself some distance to the road.

5 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Self-driving cars need to hurry up and get here.  Teenagers crash while texting all of the time too.  Humans just aren’t capable of not killing themselves if you give them high-powered machinery.

This story is tragic, but the answer is not "lets have robots do everything for us!"  after cars, perhaps robots can  walk across the street for us, serve us drinks (whoops, happening in Vegas), etc.   

This idiot (1) should not have been in the Country; and (2) perhaps putting an ignition interlock on all vehicles would have stopped this.  

I drive by that stretch daily.  Long curve to the left going west bound.  He drifted on to the shoulder and rear ended the car on the side of the road.  Horrific crash.  Trooper who was not far behind it hit a body that was in the middle lane.  Gruesome scene.   Glad I was off today.  

4 minutes ago, greeneblitz said:

Totally avoidable

Indy has a huge illegal alien population that the local pols try to ignore.  Police have to deal with the issue daily.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Take a cab or call an Uber. 25 dollars for a ride beats a jail cell anytime.

The ironic part,  is it looks like Jackson made this responsible choice... he is dead now due to someone else's selfishness and  stupidity. Stories like this really suck.  Unfortunately,  they happen every night in every state,  in many cities and towns.  It reinforces my chosen career path, though.  Having the opportunity to stop these nightly tragedies by putting these irresponsible idiots in jail is very satisfying. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Sig1Hunter said:

The ironic part,  is it looks like Jackson made this responsible choice... he is dead now due to someone else's selfishness and  stupidity. Stories like this really suck.  Unfortunately,  they happen every night in every state,  in many cities and towns.  It reinforces my chosen career path, though.  Having the opportunity to stop these nightly tragedies by putting these irresponsible idiots in jail is very satisfying. 

I take it your a police officer?  If so thank you for your service. You guys are appreciated.

9 hours ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

I take it your a police officer?  If so thank you for your service. You guys are appreciated.

I make a living by finding and arresting impaired drivers, yes.  The ones that frequently cuss me for arresting them,  instead of the ones committing "real" crimes.  

• Like (+1) 2

36 minutes ago, THEHARDTRUTH said:

Dont forget the part about him conspiring with the Russians to fix the election. Oh wait. That was Trump that did that. My bad.

Do you have proof of that or you just like to run your goddamn mouth?

3 hours ago, Limeaid said:

Suspect in crash that killed Colts linebacker Edwin Jackson was in US illegally, had been deported twice

https://www.yahoo.com/news/suspect-crash-killed-colts-linebacker-184644101.html

In headlines clearly there.

And many of the ones I saw on my Google news feed none of them mentioned he was illegal, it was a little frustrating because it doesn't matter who he was. He's not important, just another low life

11 minutes ago, Boyst62 said:

Do you have proof of that or you just like to run your goddamn mouth?

And many of the ones I saw on my Google news feed none of them mentioned he was illegal, it was a little frustrating because it doesn't matter who he was. He's not important, just another low life

All the ones I saw yesterday just said drunk driver. It was sometime today that I noticed they started using illegal immigrant