[POLL] Are you going to watch the Super Bowl?

You gonna watch?  

259 members have voted

1. 1. Will you actually watch the Super Bowl?

• Yes, I always do regardless of who is in it
    • Yes, I am a Patriots* fan
    • Yes, I am an Eagles fan
    • Yes, for the commercials
    • Yes, for the half-time show
    • Kinda - going to a party where it will be on
    • I dunno. Maybe.
    • NFW!

People take the NFL way too personal.  I love football, so hell yeah I am going to watch the game.  Its utterly pointless to pout, sulk, or piss & moan about the Pats.  Why should I not enjoy friends and the last game of the season, especially when I can root hard for the Eagles to beat the Pats?  

I really dont get the train of thought of sulking and refusing to watch the game because the Pats are in it.  Some of you really need to stop letting the Pats affect your mood and life so much.  

Much easier to just party and have fun with your friends and family and watch the Eagles try and beat their a** :)

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

People take the NFL way too personal.  I love football, so hell yeah I am going to watch the game.  Its utterly pointless to pout, sulk, or piss & moan about the Pats.  Why should I not enjoy friends and the last game of the season, especially when I can root hard for the Eagles to beat the Pats?  

I really dont get the train of thought of sulking and refusing to watch the game because the Pats are in it.  Some of you really need to stop letting the Pats affect your mood and life so much.  

Much easier to just party and have fun with your friends and family and watch the Eagles try and beat their a** :)

Or, like I said, have it on in the background while eating copious amounts of food and drinking beverages.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Love or hate the Pats, but you cant say that their superbowls are boring. They have had the best games win or lose.

Their super bowls are boring. The only Super Bowl I've watched where the Patriots were in it was when they played the Giants. I'm hoping a Philly fan throws and hits Tom Brady in the face with a dildo. 

NFW .... I didn't watch last year and won't watch this year either

Hate to ruin anybody's Super Bowl Sunday but the patriots will win, and all around the water cooler on Monday the talk will be about the bad officiating.

No Thanx NFL,  been there done that !!!

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

NFW .... I didn't watch last year and won't watch this year either

Hate to ruin anybody's Super Bowl Sunday but the patriots will win, and all around the water cooler on Monday the talk will be about the bad officiating.

No Thanx NFL,  been there done that !!!

Nope. Eagles by 10+

The talk will be "is the dynasty over?"

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Nope. Eagles by 10+

The talk will be "is the dynasty over?"

You know that won't be allowed to happen.

40 minutes ago, Chris66 said:

Love or hate the Pats, but you cant say that their superbowls are boring. They have had the best games win or lose.

How about predictable over boring ?

3 minutes ago, frostbitmic said:

You know that won't be allowed to happen.

Nothing the refs can do about it. Eagles are red hot and have a ton of veteran talent. They will score points and their defense is every bit as good as Jacksonville's.

Eagles coaching staff is just as loaded as their roster. Pederson has proven to be an extremely intelligent and innovative coach.

Refs aren't going to stop what might be the best offensive line in the league from opening holes for Ajayi and Blount once they get a lead. If that doesn't work they have 3-4 targets in the passing game that are all better than anyone the Jaguars have.

1 minute ago, TheFunPolice said:

Nothing the refs can do about it. Eagles are red hot and have a ton of veteran talent. They will score points and their defense is every bit as good as Jacksonville's.

Eagles coaching staff is just as loaded as their roster. Pederson has proven to be an extremely intelligent and innovative coach.

Refs aren't going to stop what might be the best offensive line in the league from opening holes for Ajayi and Blount once they get a lead. If that doesn't work they have 3-4 targets in the passing game that are all better than anyone the Jaguars have.

We'll see in two weeks won't we ?

Just now, frostbitmic said:

We'll see in two weeks won't we ?

Yes we will!

The Eagles are dangerous. They tied NE for the #1 offense in points per game with 28.6, and that is after scoring ZERO in week 17 when the starters rested.

Eagles are as good or better than the Jaguars on defense (nobody torched them in the playoffs) and have the top scoring offense in the NFL.

59 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

History in the makings...

None of the P*t trolls on this board are willing to go on record as watching to so they can drool over licking Br*dy's balls.

In old times the trolls were at least more honest and did not pretend to be Bills fans meaning current trolls are ashamed of being P*ts fans.

I wonder if the go in the confessional and confess their sins or lie to the priest too.

I will not be watching, offered to work Sunday so a coworker who does not even watch football could go fishing.

• Like (+1) 1

Will be watching because i am a football fan....cheering for the eagles of course....but will start laughing once the flags start flying around like hot potatoes if the patsies are backed up against the wall

3 minutes ago, JPP said:

Will be watching because i am a football fan....cheering for the eagles of course....but will start laughing once the flags start flying around like hot potatoes if the patsies are backed up against the wall

It will happen, but it won't matter. They can only do so much.

Even in the Jacksonville game if the Jaguars could mount even 1 2nd half TD drive they probably win the game.

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, JerseyBills said:

Sure why not. I see ppl claiming they won't tune in because NE made another SB. Sorry to say, they deserved that game. I hate them as much as the next man. But their defense and offense outplayed the young Jags when it mattered.

Jax was 6/10 on 3rd down going into the 4th qtr . 0 for in the 4th, giving up 14 points, I saw ONE questionable call by refs that I actually agreed with, so I think this should be re assessed in a week or so when people cool down and are not in their emotions so much. NE deserved the W if I'm being real.

Totally agree.  The nfl is less enticing to me with each passing year.  I'm not certain but I am leaning toward not.

It’s starting to become clear to me that the Patriots were put on this earth to test my character, resolve and perseverance.  I will not thumb my nose at this mighty test from the universe for spiritual growth, so I will be watching.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Success said:

It’s starting to become clear to me that the Patriots were put on this earth to test my character, resolve and perseverance.  I will not thumb my nose at this mighty test from the universe for spiritual growth, so I will be watching.

That's the spirit, I'm with you.

I'm not letting Kraft, BB and Marsha ruin football for me.

Besides, their contracts are due soon!

devil.png

Just now, Iron Maiden said:

Of course I'll watch....there's no Football after that for months.....I love the NFL and it's the biggest game of the year...I don't care who's in it...I do like close exciting games...that's what I'm hoping for....

Three of the last four were great games for a change. Hope the SB is as well.

9 hours ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Normally yes. But my wife (the Eagles fan) has a superstition about watching the games. We've been streaming the radio broadcast, and the Eagles have been winning when we listen that way.

Hey, it's only crazy if it doesn't work.

Ah yes, the great Merrill Reese. Terrific broadcast. 

Normally I'd be in the "kinda, going to a party where it will be on" category.  But interest in tackle football, except for the Bills, has been fading in our group of friends for years so we decided no party this year.  Instead, the families are getting together to do something outside (weather permitting).