Video of McCoy angry after the game

He knows we had that game. We were the better team in the game, not by much, but we were nonetheless, and this story would have been a lot better without the one and done exit. We left more plays on the field than the jags did. Keep thinking about tyrods missed shots downfield, at least 2 of which could of been the much needed td, holding call on McCoy after a huge play that would have had us at the jags 30, couple drops, etc. the Jags had their one chance on that 4th down and capitalized. 

Hes gotta be thinking some of that. I mean the game was there for the taking.

funny thing is, the Bills were a relatively lucky team this year, we won all our close games this season until this playoff game (unless you want to call bengals game close but I don’t) and those are the games the bills would normally find ways to lose. We went back to the old bills on that day 

He's definitely a football player and has that "IT" factor we are desperately  lacking across the board at just about every other position

That's how it used to be after losses back in the Kelly, Thurman etc. days...It was amazing to me over the drought years seeing so many Bills players walk off the field without a care in the world after just getting their butts kicked.  Hopefully McDermott and Beane continue to change the culture and bring in more guys like Tre'Davious White who is another animal with the heart of a true competitor.  Build the team up with these kinda guys who are also talented and good things are gonna happen. 

14 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Love his passion.

I still can’t believe they only had to give up kiko Alonso to get him

I still can't believe we only scored three points. (and that was the second time we did that!)

• Like (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, baskingridgebillsfan said:

He knows they should have won that game.  

Nonsense!  The team with more points is the team that should win, and it did.

Outrageous to suggest we "should have won" when we put up 3 points in 60 minutes of football.

Actually, when you only score 3 points in 60 minutes of football, you should LOSE, and we did.

Would have been a lot of fun to win, but heading off to lose our heads in Foxboro ain't all that great anyway.

We'll be back and with a better QB.  I think the future is bright.

• Like (+1) 2

I'm a little surprised the national media didn't make a bigger deal of McCoy's effort on Sunday.  To play a few snaps with a sprained ankle is one thing, but he worked his tail off the entire game and had some very nice plays against a stout D. 

I guess we needed to win to make it a better story. 

12 minutes ago, billsfanmiami(oh) said:

3rd by my count. And really 4th if you count NO

Yup. Counting NO it would essentially be 1 in 4 games it happened. Nitpick over whether that counts or not but the frequency of games we flat couldn’t score in was astonishing 

43 minutes ago, BillsPride12 said:

He's definitely a football player and has that "IT" factor we are desperately  lacking across the board at just about every other position

That's how it used to be after losses back in the Kelly, Thurman etc. days...It was amazing to me over the drought years seeing so many Bills players walk off the field without a care in the world after just getting their butts kicked.  Hopefully McDermott and Beane continue to change the culture and bring in more guys like Tre'Davious White who is another animal with the heart of a true competitor.  Build the team up with these kinda guys who are also talented and good things are gonna happen. 

But McDermott is a stoic man.  Certainly not Mr. emotional.

36 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Not a good look. 

Passion or Anger issues??

is he married??

does he take out his frustration with violence at home?

Yeah, every passionate football player beats his wife/girlfriend....................................................................................................................................rolls eyes

• Thank you (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to not be a fan of McCoys, it took me until the second year with the Bills before I was okay with him.  Now he’s my favorite player.  He wants to win badly and I love that he cares so much.  He’s not just a me guy which I previously thought.

I was hesitant and unsure of Shady his first year especially around the game against the Eagles.

Big fan since!!

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Sweats said:

Yeah, every passionate football player beats his wife/girlfriend....................................................................................................................................rolls eyes

Relax man. Let’s not put the horse in front of the cart. Beats is a very aggressive word for abuse. 

I was referring to his lack of self control that in turn leads to rage. This could be an anger issue. 

I wouldnt be surprised if there are a few holes in his walls from his frustration. 

Again, just not very classy. 

Men don’t react with violence out of frustration. Immature boys do. 

2 hours ago, billsfan11 said:

Love his passion.

I still can’t believe they only had to give up kiko Alonso to get him

I still can't believe that there are Bills fans who still say we should trade him. :wallbash:

The best RB we've had since Thurman. If he was not 100% in that game, I sure didn't see it.

I love his passion. He is a team player.

He says that he can play until he's 33.....I say let him!

• Like (+1) 2

49 minutes ago, Schmuggs said:

Relax man. Let’s not put the horse in front of the cart. Beats is a very aggressive word for abuse. 

I was referring to his lack of self control that in turn leads to rage. This could be an anger issue. 

I wouldnt be surprised if there are a few holes in his walls from his frustration. 

Oh bullcrap.  Throwing a helmet or yelling or similar isn't violence.  Emotions including anger are part of life and many aspects of life.  Nothing wrong with anger as long as it doesn't result in hurting others.  Very successful fortune 500 company I once worked for was full of people (many upper level managers) who flew off the handle from time to time over deals gone bad or stupidity on the part of others.  Most talented group of people I ever worked with and that passion made a difference and I can tell you this is not uncommon in many other successful organizations regardless of what "experts" say or preach. 

1 hour ago, Schmuggs said:

Get out of here with your absolutely nonsense. I wouldn’t post if this is him throwing his helmet on the field, or drawing flags for unsportsmanlike conduct.

You are out of your gourd here man. Sports are different in the moment. More so with a game like football. I personally am friends with more olympians than you can probably even name. I’ve seen each and every one of them “lose it” at some point after training or racing. 

Ive also seen them with their kids, wives, and/or GF’s. Sport is sport, family is family. What you’re insinuating isn’t only patently false, it’s 100% disrespectful. 

I lost a national championship (won a few as well) and threw an oar. I’d agree it’s not the best look, but holy hell, if you’re accusing me of taking that home with me, and taking it out on my significant other, you sure as hell better be willing to stand your ground on such an absurd, rude, personal, and disrespectful accusation. Because make no bones about it, this is a very serious personal accusation. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Not a good look. 

is he married??

Looooong stretch from throwing a helmet after a big loss to domestic violence.

Must be that "toxic masculinity" I keep hearing about. Do you need a safe space?

• Haha (+1) 2

7 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

This is very stupid.

• Thank you (+1) 3

9 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Not a good look. 

is he married??

This is a sad comment.   

8 hours ago, Schmuggs said:

Why don't you go and join Leroi where ever he went.  

Shady waited until he entered the locker room to vent and not out on the field.   That shows the class and self control you claim isn't there.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

11 hours ago, Royale with Cheese said:

I used to not be a fan of McCoys, it took me until the second year with the Bills before I was okay with him.  Now he’s my favorite player.  He wants to win badly and I love that he cares so much.  He’s not just a me guy which I previously thought.

I was a fan of McCoy watching him in Philly. How come you didn't like him......he's a been a great player his whole career

9 minutes ago, nucci said:

I was a fan of McCoy watching him in Philly. How come you didn't like him......he's a been a great player his whole career

He's always been a good to great player but I didn't like his character because I thought he was a "me" person.  I was wrong and now absolutely love the guy.

I want him to retire a Bill.

1 hour ago, Drunken Pygmy Goat said:

I remember you...unfortunately

I do too.  Ughh...

I agree with a lot of what the OP said. McCoy is a gamer and a good teammate. However throwing a helmet does nothing for me.  A guy who throws his helmet does not necessarily care more than a guy who controls himself.

Edited by mattynh

1 minute ago, mattynh said:

I agree with a lot of what the OP said. McCoy is a gamer and a good teammate. However throwing a helmet does nothing for me.  A guy who throws his helmet does not necessarily care more than a guy who controls himself.

Not necessarily care more but shows he does care.  Kyle Williams cares but doesn't throw his helmet....McCoy cares and does throw his helmet.

Nate Burleson commented once on the NFL Network is you're going to have guys that literally only care about a paycheck and doesn't make difference if they win or lose.

He said after a loss in which he was upset about and hanging his head in the locker....one of his teammates came up to him and said "don't get so down, we getting that paycheck tomorrow!" 

24 minutes ago, Royale with Cheese said:

He's always been a good to great player but I didn't like his character because I thought he was a "me" person.  I was wrong and now absolutely love the guy.

I want him to retire a Bill.

ok, that's fair....

7 minutes ago, mattynh said:

Never played competitive sports and lost a playoff game....have you? I have no problem with him throwing his helmet. He played a great game on a sore foot and is pissed they lost.

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

This is a sad comment.   

Why don't you go and join Leroi where ever he went.  

Shady waited until he entered the locker room to vent and not out on the field.   That shows the class and self control you claim isn't there.  

That's a good point. Even if he did that on the field, it still shouldn't lead us to believe he's going to beat his wife (which I don't think he has). Passion for a game, even in this manner, should be viewed as a positive thing. He cares..I like that.

• Thank you (+1) 1