The BIG Bills Questions for the next week....

GunnerBill

I wanted to take the temperature of OBD on some of the big questions ahead for the weekend, the immediate aftermath and then what follows... here goes:

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami?

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs?

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform?

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week?

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days?

And the contentious one.....

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?

4 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I wanted to take the temperature of OBD on some of the big questions ahead for the weekend, the immediate aftermath and then what follows... here goes:

60% chance yes.

Probably not, but still hopeful

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform?

Yes I do.  Thanks for everything Kyle!

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week?

I hope we can upgraydd.

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days?

McDermott's 1st year..................you would think he will have a few changes.

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?

I think the only way he stays is if all other FA options fail.

7 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Yes.

Yes, I think the Bengals pull one out for Lewis' last game.

I'm iffy on this, but I say no.

8 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

Next week? Yes. Next Spring? Less certain.

9 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

If OC goes, OL probably does as well. Otherwise no.

10 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

No.

1. Yes (24-17 Tyrod has career day because of course he does)

2. Yes (Bills lose in KC close)

3. No this has been an overblown story he is back next year and dare I say for another after even if he is a rotational guy.

4. Yes not that I still want him.

5. No I think the Bills will say Tyrod's lack of passing contributed more to losses then scheme and that Dennison had some really good games they will build with. (Their words not mine)

6. No but Taylor leading the Bills to the playoffs and a close loss in KC creates a harder situation with fans and media when he is released and the Bills acquire a QB like Case Keenum or Alex Smith who aren't that much different or if they go with a younger QB that is less proven and have a rougher start to 2018.

Edited by corta765

29 minutes ago, corta765 said:

1. Yes (24-17 Tyrod has career day because of course he does)

2. Yes (Bills lose in KC close)

3. No this has been an overblown story he is back next year and dare I say for another after even if he is a rotational guy.

4. Yes not that I still want him.

5. No I think the Bills will say Tyrod's lack of passing contributed more to losses then scheme and that Dennison had some really good games they will build with. (Their words not mine)

6. No but Taylor leading the Bills to the playoffs and a close loss in KC creates a harder situation with fans and media when he is released and the Bills acquire a QB like Case Keenum or Alex Smith who aren't that much different or if they go with a younger QB that is less proven and have a rougher start to 2018.

I would rather go thru a year of growing pains with a promising young qb than acquire our 100th journeyman qb (Smith, Keenum, Cousins). We just have to scout better to avoid another EJ Losman....

51 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami? Yes

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? No

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform? No

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week? No

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days? No

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September? No

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

I would rather go thru a year of growing pains with a promising young qb than acquire our 100th journeyman qb (Smith, Keenum, Cousins). We just have to scout better to avoid another EJ Losman....

Don't disagree but from how I see what they are building they are fine with an offense that averages 24 pts with a guy like Smith and think their D can hold teams under. It's a conservative safe style of coaching and not wrong per say but I'd rather do what you said.

I view McD/Beane as trying to model what Vikings have. The odds of getting a QB out of the gate equal to Brady/Rodgers isn't high at all. Build a solid D with an offense that can do enough until you can find a QB that suits you offense to manage it. Given the needs at DE/DT/LB and the want to win at the same point I see them attacking those needs first and bringing a guy like Smith or Keenum in to manage things unless they can move into 1/2 or perhaps get Cousins in FA. Then in 2019 perhaps pulling the trigger for real. Fair or not we play Brady twice a year and having a D that can fight him is a faster solution early on then finding a stud QB.

Like I said I would rather do growing pains but I get their logic they just better be right.

9 minutes ago, Jerome007 said:

It's not that I have love for Smith and Cousins, but to call them Journeymen? WTH. So it's "Brady-Brees level" or nothing for you guys?

I guess it's just what you want.  Do you want playoffs or an opportunity to win the bowl?  Smith and Cousins will never win a super bowl, imo, my projection.  They're not good enough to beat the real good teams in the playoffs.  However they both can make a team like Buffalo better and we'd make the playoffs from time to time - if that's what you want then you sign those type of guys.  

I"m not saying either choice is right or wrong but that is essentially the decision.  

Edited by White Linen

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami?  Yes

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs?  No

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform?  Yes

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week?  Yes

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days?  No

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?  No

1 hour ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami? Yes. I think Jay Cutler is going to care about as much as Kyle Orton did his last few games.

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? Yes I do. I think the Bengals come through. I also think the Jags win. Raider game is going to have a ton of Raider fans there and I think it's possible they win.

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform? Toss up. I think if we miss the playoffs, it's his last game. I can see him coming back if we make it. Unfinished business.

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week? Yes I do. This is not to say he won't be let go at some point in the off-season. However with how methodical McD likes to be, I would suspect a longer evaluation process.

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days? I think Crossman is let go. No real reason other than he's been here a while. I think the lower coaching spots see some turnover as well, but not much.

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September? No. I think they will move on. Hopefully we get the opportunity in the draft to select someone, but it really wouldn't shock me to see us fill holes this off-season and sign a journeyman with the "hope" Peterman is ready the following year. NOTE: this is not what I want...just something I can see possibly happening.

2 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? Yes

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform? Yes

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week? No

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days? Yes

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September? No

• Like (+1) 1

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami? Yes 

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? Hopefully 

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform? Hope not

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week?   Yes

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days?  No 

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?  Not as the starter. 

3 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami?   yes

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs?   no

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform?   yes

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week?   yes

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days?    no

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?    no

Do you think the Bills will win in Miami? No

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? No

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform? Yes

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week? Yes

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days? No

13 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Good questions to ponder.  I don’t predict games but I hope they do, if it is up to McDermott Dennison returns.  Taylor is probably back. 

McD will be back no question whatsoever....the only hope is dennision will be kicked to the curb...the Bills will no doubt gun for a QB in the 1st round.......they will not pick up Taylors salary + 6 mill bonus....only way this happens if they miraculously get into the playoffs and even moreso go abit of a distance there after......

I believe the Bills will beat Miami down and J’ville will smack Tennessee around.

If those things happen we only need either Oakland or Cincy to win. 

I have a good feeling we will be playing in January.

Edited by Binghamton Beast

22 minutes ago, Dunkirk Don said:

Good questions to ponder.  I don’t predict games but I hope they do, if it is up to McDermott Dennison returns.  Taylor is probably back. 

Really? I can't imagine Dennison and Tyrod both coming back. Unless the plan is to trade him, he could have good value.

4 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. No, because I think we make the playoffs. 

6. Not necessarily. 

If he makes the playoffs Tyrod would go down in history as the QB that ended the drought and a lot of his haters would be salty about that. But I think it should earn him another year if it does happen, at the very least as a mentor to a young QB we could draft. 

7 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

I believe the Bills will beat Miami down and J’ville will smack Tennessee around.

If those things happen we only need either Oakland or Cincy to win. 

I have a good feeling we will be playing in January.

we do need Cincy to win. However If Ravens win.... we need both Oakland AND Jags to win. It’s a tall order. 

4 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

It's not that I have love for Smith and Cousins, but to call them Journeymen? WTH. So it's "Brady-Brees level" or nothing for you guys?

I agree with you.  Smith and Cousins are a league above the guys that have been here.  Both are good, but not elite NFL starters.

if they could get Smith for the next year or two AND draft a good QB prospect this year, that would be great.

45 minutes ago, Dread321 said:

1. Yes

2. Yes

3. Yes

4. Yes

5. No, because I think we make the playoffs. 

6. Not necessarily. 

If he makes the playoffs Tyrod would go down in history as the QB that ended the drought and a lot of his haters would be salty about that. But I think it should earn him another year if it does happen, at the very least as a mentor to a young QB we could draft. 

I'm not sure that Tyrod would be much of a mentor to a young QB.  He does not read defenses well, doesn't recognize plays as they develop so he can't throw with anticipation.  He could be a good role model in terms of professionalism and attitude.

5 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

Who cares, really? A few 12 year olds? I couldn't care less if they "make the playoffs." I want a team that's in the run for the SB every year.

I say we beat Miami and then one and done with TT.  Then no more boring, frustrating games with TT at QB.  4 weeks ago I argued for giving the ball to NP the last 4 games to see if he is the answer, even if it meant forfeiting the playoffs.  But now I'm all in for a playoff game.  Go Bills!!!

6 hours ago, yungmack said:

Who cares, really? A few 12 year olds? I couldn't care less if they "make the playoffs." I want a team that's in the run for the SB every year.

Well I am not a 12 year old... but my Bills fandom is only 15... so I have never watched them play a playoff game. I would hazard a guess that 99% of Bills fans do care about whether they make it in. 

That does not mean I think the organisation's goal should be to build teams to try and make the playoffs. They have fallen into that trap too often I agree rather than trying to think about what it takes to build a team that can win a Championship. 

It is just we are in week 17 and we have a shot for the first time in 13 years. To say you don't care one way or the other strikes me as an odd sort of fandom. 

11 hours ago, Jerome007 said:

Guys who have not been able to take their teams deep in the playoffs are no better than journey men QBs.

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami?  Yes, hands down.

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs?  Yes.  Everything that needs to happen for us to get in will happen.  The drought ends this year.

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform?  Yes, and it needs to be.  Kyle is really showing signs of decline.  

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week?  Unfortunately yes.  And i believe McD brings him back next year too. Give him a chance to call plays with a different QB.

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days?  None.

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?  Not at all.  The Miami game is his last as a Bill.

18 hours ago, GunnerBill said:

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? Yes

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week? Yes

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September? No.  Please, God, no.

4 minutes ago, smuvtalker said:

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs?  Yes.  Everything that needs to happen for us to get in will happen.  The drought ends this year.

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September?  Not at all.  The Miami game is his last as a Bill.

So you're saying that the Bills will make the playoffs, but they'll start Peterman?

1. Do you think the Bills will win in Miami? YES, big win.

2. Do you think the Bills will make the playoffs? No, I don´t see the help coming our way.

3. Do you think Sunday is Kyle Williams' last regular season game in a Bills uniform? No, he comes back for one last rodeo. 

4. Do you think Rick Dennison is still in a job with the Bills by this time next week? Yeah, but not for long, he will be gone before the season starts, remember McD takes his time to analyze everithing.

5. Leaving aside offensive coordinator do you expect any other coaching changes on the Bills staff in the next 14 days? OL coach is a must as well.

6. If the Bills make the playoffs does that mean Tyrod is still a Bill next September? Don´t think so.

26 minutes ago, Gugny said:

So you're saying that the Bills will make the playoffs, but they'll start Peterman?

LOLOL thank you for pointing that out, completely didn't think that answer all the way through!!   Yes, i think the Bills make the playoffs, and I believe Tyrod will be the starter.  I meant to say I believe this is his last year as a Buffalo Bill, barring some mind-blowing performance in the playoffs where he wins more than one game and plays out of his gourd.....

• Haha (+1) 1