[Vague Title]Take this for what it's worth.

njbuff

The Giants are believed to love Davis Webb and the Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio says they might wanna trade down cause they need a lot of help.

Now, the Bills are believed to be in love with Darnold.

Assuming all of the above is true...........

Are you willing to trade with the Giants?

I would do something like this.........,..

Both 2018 1st round picks, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and another pick or player of the Giants choosing.

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Also assuming Cleveland takes Rosen.

• Like (+1) 1

7 minutes ago, Seanbillsfan2206 said:

Who says we’re “in love” with Darnold?

There have been reports on that.

But like I said, I have no idea how accurate they are.

I'm not tied into the Bills at all like I am with the Devils.

15 minutes ago, njbuff said:

The Giants are believed to love Davis Webb and the Giants beat reporter for WFAN radio says they might wanna trade down cause they need a lot of help.

Both 2018 1st round picks, 2019 1st, 2019 2nd and another pick or player of the Giants choosing.

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Yes. Right now. Where do I sign? 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Not sure I buy the premise about Davis Webb. If true, why wouldn't they have started him instead of Geno when they benched Eli?

But if it's true, I'd offer both firsts this year and a second besides. If they argued, I'd throw in a 3rd. That ought to be enough assuming we don't make the playoffs this year and get an even lower pick. Don't know if I'd give up what you're suggesting. I'd seriously consider it, though, if Darnold doesn't stay in school and if they love him.

1 hour ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

I would not. That's way too much to give up for a team that has holes at OL, DL, LB, WR.

Build a team...or I mean we could always end up like Indy the past couple of years. Have a franchise QB, and nothing else. Said franchise QB spends time in Europe during the season because he's hurt. 

46 minutes ago, thunderingsquid said:

The Rams seem to be doing ok for trading a bunch of picks.  

This one season, yes they are. Give it time. It's amazing how fast a team like that can fall flat. The Giants were in the playoffs last year. McAdoo was "amazing"...and is now unemployed.

1 hour ago, jahnyc said:

I would be surprised if Cleveland took Rosen at this point given his public statements.  If Cleveland take Darnold instead and Rosen was available, would Rosen want to play in Buffalo?

I'd be more surprised if they didn't and flip him for another QB and picks...much like the Manning/Rivers trade.

The one thing we don't know quite yet is if these new scouts/GM are highlight junkies or actually possess the knowledge to properly evaluate the right QB? The last batch had no clue or they would have gone after Deshaun Watson.

I would rather see this regime build the team to fill the so many holes on the roster with those first six picks rather than package them all on one guy who may or may not develop under the current coaches, with the current roster. To me that would be a regime killer should the new rookie QB fail.

As of today, I don't have an opinion on who I want the Bills to draft at QB this upcoming draft. I keep reading about Mason Rudolph to Buffalo though.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Nihilarian said:

As of today, I don't have an opinion on who I want the Bills to draft at QB this upcoming draft. I keep reading about Mason Rudolph to Buffalo though.

That's just the natural pick right now because he fits the system and is projected to go around the Bills' spot. 

So much will change during the off-season process.

I like what I've seen in real time from Rudolph, so as it stands, I like their chances to get a good QB without having to give up any picks. Then they can improve the O-line and front seven with some good picks, hopefully.

I really don't think the Giants are going to trade out of that spot. Their fans would riot. 

Webb & Mayfield both came up at Texas Tech (where I went to school), and were both in an awkward situation, transferred, then got replaced by Patrick Mahomes the following year. 

Mayfield showed promise, Webb looked like a system-only guy, and Mahomes was loaded with raw talent. It'll be interesting as a Tech Alumn to see these guys start in the NFL when for so long, the NFL avoided Texas Tech QB's like the plague. 

For the life of me I cannot see Davis Webb as a good NFL QB. Obviously, I could be wrong, but still... He really was a system guy through & through, and unless the Giants plan on running a college spread, I can't imagine how he'd be successful. 

2 hours ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

I think it would take more than that.

It cost us a 9th overall, next years 1st and a 4th to move from 9th to 4th in the Sammy trade.

To move from 20th ish to 2 would cost us more than what you stated IMHO.

Giants could trade that pick to Jets/Broncos for 2 1's and have a high draft pick this year.

3 hours ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Let's also give them Tre White, Micah Hyde, and a billion dollars, while we're at it. 

Are you high? 3 first round picks for 1? 

2 hours ago, KelsaysLunchbox said:

I would not. That's way too much to give up for a team that has holes at OL, DL, LB, WR.

Build a team...or I mean we could always end up like Indy the past couple of years. Have a franchise QB, and nothing else. Said franchise QB spends time in Europe during the season because he's hurt. 

This one season, yes they are. Give it time. It's amazing how fast a team like that can fall flat. The Giants were in the playoffs last year. McAdoo was "amazing"...and is now unemployed.

I'd be more surprised if they didn't and flip him for another QB and picks...much like the Manning/Rivers trade.

We’re better off with a franchise QB and nothing else than no franchise QB.  That, I’m sure.  The rams and eagles had nothing and traded away their future for Wentz and Goff,  now both are contenders and they certainly aren’t missing those draft picks.  That being said, I believe either Rosen or Darnold will be returning to school (maybe both) and the other guys just aren’t worth trading up for imo. 

For me I'm just not sold on Darnold yet.  And I've only watched his highlights so its not fully accurate.  But everything ive pretty much seen has been passes 20 yards and plus.  How's his intermediate passing?  Hows he under center?  And may be its just me but he looks to have a large throwing motion which slows down release and makes you more susceptible to strips.  Again just my opinion...which may also be tainted by fact he's from USC and how many of their QBs have been nfl busts.

People close to Darnold already said he is staying in school. He needs more time to develop. Rosen is a day 1 starter physically. Best pocket passer in many years. Mentally, who knows. He's immature and his family is already wealthy. He could play a couple of years and say this is boring I'm going to run for congress instead. He doesn't need the game and his interests are elsewhere. I dont think the Bills will give up their entire draft for either player. They would be more inclined to go after a veteran QB. Alex Smith, Cousins, Bradford have been mentioned as possible targets.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Dafan said:

For me I'm just not sold on Darnold yet.  And I've only watched his highlights so its not fully accurate.  But everything ive pretty much seen has been passes 20 yards and plus.  How's his intermediate passing?  Hows he under center?  And may be its just me but he looks to have a large throwing motion which slows down release and makes you more susceptible to strips.  Again just my opinion...which may also be tainted by fact he's from USC and how many of their QBs have been nfl busts.

This is correct. His throwing motion is all sorts of screwed up. I was watching him and he had the ball stripped fairly easily. Just imagine once NFL level defenders see that. They will be going for the ball every time he drops back

3 hours ago, NewEra said:

We’re better off with a franchise QB and nothing else than no franchise QB.  That, I’m sure.  The rams and eagles had nothing and traded away their future for Wentz and Goff,  now both are contenders and they certainly aren’t missing those draft picks.  That being said, I believe either Rosen or Darnold will be returning to school (maybe both) and the other guys just aren’t worth trading up for imo. 

Nothing? Both teams already had a really good defense. The Rams had a decent offensive line and Gurley (who could end up with MVP votes). The Eagles had an awesome oline. I would actually say both teams built up BEFORE landing a franchise QB. 

I don't care how great a guy "projects" into the NFL. The trade the OP suggests is just way too much. Look at where we grabbed White in the last draft. Should be roughly where the Chiefs pick falls. Can grab a solid guy there and another solid guy with our first pick. I'm not giving up the chance of 3 potential staters this year for one guy who "should" work out well.

Edited by KelsaysLunchbox
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nihilarian said:

The one thing we don't know quite yet is if these new scouts/GM are highlight junkies or actually possess the knowledge to properly evaluate the right QB? The last batch had no clue or they would have gone after Deshaun Watson.

I would rather see this regime build the team to fill the so many holes on the roster with those first six picks rather than package them all on one guy who may or may not develop under the current coaches, with the current roster. To me that would be a regime killer should the new rookie QB fail.

Rudolph would be a great pick and would cost less to move up a few spots to make sure we got him IMO.

I do not like the fill in everyone else idea though, this team has been in that rut the entire playoff drought.

IMO everyone is sick of waiting for this team to swing big on a QB. IMO find a solid QB and build around him, with solid QB play and good coaching this team can be a playoff team for many years over the throw not good enough at QB and wish for a miracle season from a not good enough QB. Remember the great D line we had it did not help us to the playoffs. Add a top WR/RB and still the not good enough.

A real good QB can make it happen, it is easy for a team to shut down a not good enough QB but a real good QB finds a way to make it happen.

IMO find a real good QB and the not very good other players will all of a sudden be better. Good QBs make better WRs,TEs, line and rbs. We need a good QB to lead us to scores and wins something we havent had since Kelly. It is called a QB driven league for a reason.

Edited by xRUSHx

Bottom line is that no one has any idea if any of the guys coming out will make it in the league.  The above poster says he wants Rudolph.  About a month ago I read an article on the ESPN website where two scouts said Rudolph would be a day three pick, if he got drafted at all.  So opinions are all over the map on any of these guys. 

Easy to say we need to find a really good QB.  Much harder to actually find one.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

47 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Bottom line is that no one has any idea if any of the guys coming out will make it in the league.  The above poster says he wants Rudolph.  About a month ago I read an article on the ESPN website where two scouts said Rudolph would be a day three pick, if he got drafted at all.  So opinions are all over the map on any of these guys. 

Easy to say we need to find a really good QB.  Much harder to actually find one.

Well said!   :thumbsup:   The Bills had a chance to grab a first round prospect in 2017 with either Watson or Mahomes, and they chose to trade away that pick.  Maybe history will be prove them right to do so, but as of right now, it doesn't look too good for getting a good first round QB prospect in 2018 simply because of the Bills and KC draft positions and the number of teams that will be looking for QBs.  The fact is that it's NOT that the Bills have not "swung for the fences" for a top QB because they've done that twice since 2000 but that they chose the wrong QBs.   Taking a first round QB does not guarantee getting a franchise QB, especially if said QB prospect is being overdrafted.  JP Losman and EJ Manuel proved that.

9 hours ago, njbuff said:

Is this doable?

Would you do this?

Or what would you do?

Three ONEs and a TWO?  Hell no!