What QB do you want to draft.

QB draft  

228 members have voted

1. 1. Pick your QB

2 minutes ago, GunnerBill said:

I think somewhere on a scale between Johnny Manziel and Russell Wilson is probably about right. He is more accurate and better in the pocket than Manziel ever was. While Mayfield does play some backyard football at times Johnny Football lived and died by it as a college QB. 

He isn't as polished as Wilson, he doesn't have the high character of Wilson but he does have the competitiveness and the production and the arm. He also has the same clutch gene that DeShaun Watson has. The bigger the stakes... the better he seems to play. 

Right on, agreed. Although I hate using a Manziel comparison on anyone, it's a bit too mean and insulting, haha. That's why I mention Losman.

As to the bold... Yeah Man! I was luke-warm on Watson last year until his playoff and Championship performance. Then I was sold on the kid as a clutch winner. And I'm in the exact same spot with Mayfield. I didnt like him at all when the season started. He's managed to win me over a bit but I still have some doubts... But if he pulls off some impressive play in the playoffs and wins OK a title, then Im in! Looking very forward to the games on Monday!

Just now, DrDawkinstein said:

Right on, agreed. Although I hate using a Manziel comparison on anyone, it's a bit too mean and insulting, haha. That's why I mention Losman.

Believe me I was the biggest Manziel hater going. Never thought he would translate had a 4th round grade on him and said on this forum that if I was a GM I'd take him off my board just on what we knew about his character at the time (which was not half as much as later became apparent). 

I don't mean to insult Mayfield with that comparison. I think Mayfield can play Quarterback and Johnny couldn't but there are bits of Baker's college tape where you just go "man that is a play I saw Manziel make". There is a wide spectrum between Manziel and Wilson and Mayfield is clearly closer to the Wilson end but he is not Russell Wilson. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, nero1 said:

I like Rudolph, but I wouldn't discount Mayfield either. The popular boys scare me as west coast QB's. there is always a lot of hype that doesn't come to fruition. Stay where we end up and draft one of these two. They are hungrier I believe.

Thats why I like Mayfield he has a chip on his shoulder.

Nothings been handed to him.......... he had to fight for it as a walk on.

He reminds me of a certain #12....not his style of play.......... just his swagger and the I can beat anyone or anything attitude.

He will be gone by the time the Bills pick though.

I really billieve that Brandon Beane will get this right(find the best QB) one way or another

5 hours ago, PIZ said:

How many teams are looking for a QB?  How many 1st round QB are expected?  Where would you project them?  I am worried the team below the Bills will trade up, and the Bills will be left going Lamar Jackson (don't want him) or second tier like Drew Lock:

1.  Darnold - Cleveland.

2.  Rosen - NYG.

3.  Mayfield - Jets.

4.  Allen - Broncos.

5.  Bengals?

6.  Rudolph - Bills (if 1 - 4 happen, then I hope Rudolph is available).

7.  Jacksonville?  Are they really satisfied with Bortles? 

8.  Saints?  Brees is not getting any younger.

9.  Steelers?  Rudolph would be a good fit, and I couldn't handle them trading up in front of the Bills again to get a QB.

10.  New England?  They don't have Jimmy G waiting in the wings anymore. 

11.  Miami - also read somewhere that Miami may be looking to upgrade at QB.

Thanks PIZ for doing this.

I would even say the Cards could be in the mix.

That would be assuming 49ers, Vikings and Redskins gobble up the 3 FA QBs.

For us to move up from 2 - 20+ 1st round picks all the way up to the top 2 QBs will cost us 3 - 1sts and a couple of 2's if a team was willing to trade with us at all.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 hour ago, ColoradoBills said:

Thanks PIZ for doing this.

I would even say the Cards could be in the mix.

That would be assuming 49ers, Vikings and Redskins gobble up the 3 FA QBs.

For us to move up from 2 - 20+ 1st round picks all the way up to the top 2 QBs will cost us 3 - 1sts and a couple of 2's if a team was willing to trade with us at all.

Thanks ColoradoBills.  Forgot about Arizona.  I edited my post.  I also added this....

In my opinion, if the Bills number 1 goal is to get a top QB from this draft, then they are trading up.  If you want a QB, and don't pick in the top 10, you have to trade up.  You can't stand pat.  In previous drafts, how many QBs were taken in the first round by a team that did not trade up?

Trubisky, Watson, Mahomes, Wentz, Goff, Roethlisberger, .... I'm sure there are more.

I think they go all in to get their QB in the draft and use FA to fill Dline and Oline gaps.  Theyll hopefully still have aa 2nd for a LB.

Edited by PIZ
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, davspo said:

Only watched about 4 of his games and none have been impressive but can't say I've seen enough to call myself informed- certainly ugly tonight- 

To be fair, so far in this game, his OL is not protecting him, they can’t run the ball and his WR have let him down a couple times. 

1 hour ago, Domdab99 said:

I do not want to trade up for a QB. Pick one you like in our spot, fine...but don't give away the farm. 

Watching Darnold tonight is why you don't give away the farm. Heck draft the OSU center with that extra pick.

Just now, NewDayBills said:

I think Rudolph goes in the 10-15 range. You watch, he'll take over for Brady. :(

Agreed.  The Bills must trade up.  As much as I want 2 first round picks, I want a QB more.  I am very interested in knowing what QB they covet.  Is the Darnold talk real?

5 minutes ago, Uncle Joe said:

Announcers said he was gonna play a lot of Sundays. Kinda like Saturday (Jeff).

This is something like his 55th straight start. Played guard for 4 years and moved to Center for 5th year. Team captain, Remington award winner, 1st team all American, academic all American.

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, NewDayBills said:

I think Rudolph goes in the 10-15 range. You watch, he'll take over for Brady. :(

I think our early 1st and our 2019 1st should be able to move us above the Jets. I think the Broncos will likely end up with a veteran (my money is on Cousins), but 18 plus our first for 2019 should move us up to around #6 or #7. Maybe the Bears? Could throw in Corey’s Glenn as well? 

I think its either Rudolph or Darnold for the Bills.

Allen seems to inaccurate, Rosen & Mayfield have things in their “makeup” that will make Beane & McDermott nervous. Jackson is 1) too slight of frame, and 2) they want a natural pocket passer, not to draft a guy they have to develop a guy into one. Falk & Finley aren’t first round caliber. 

• Like (+1) 1

You guys are funny. Darnold is staying in school. If you are watching this game you will see why. He has a long way to go and a lot left to accomplish. Rosen is ready now, day 1 starter. Nobody else in this draft is as NFL ready. I also like Rudolph over Allen

1 minute ago, McBean said:

As a big Darnold fan I will admit, he looks awful tonight.

Rudolph really impressed me last night. I think we could realistically get him at our draft slot without trading up.

Someone will have the balls to trade up for him.

1 minute ago, McBean said:

As a big Darnold fan I will admit, he looks awful tonight.

Rudolph really impressed me last night. I think we could realistically get him at our draft slot without trading up.

I hope so. I’m a bit worried he might climb up the boards, but I think Darnold & Rosen, along with Mayfield, and probably Allen all go ahead of him. So if he’s the 5th QB, we should be able to get him around 18, but there’s also the possibility we could see 4 go in the top 10 (Cleveland, Giants, Jets, Broncos) with a few  teams being possibilities along the way (Arizona along with Cincinnati & Miami). 

1 hour ago, kdiggz said:

You guys are funny. Darnold is staying in school. If you are watching this game you will see why. He has a long way to go and a lot left to accomplish. Rosen is ready now, day 1 starter. Nobody else in this draft is as NFL ready. I also like Rudolph over Allen

After tonight you can take Darnold off the board. It's going to make it more challenging and expensive to trade up for Rudolph. Let Cleveland FLAIL with Rosen. I don't know how I feel about Mayfield or Allen?

38 minutes ago, Dkollidas said:

I hope so. I’m a bit worried he might climb up the boards, but I think Darnold & Rosen, along with Mayfield, and probably Allen all go ahead of him. So if he’s the 5th QB, we should be able to get him around 18, but there’s also the possibility we could see 4 go in the top 10 (Cleveland, Giants, Jets, Broncos) with a few  teams being possibilities along the way (Arizona along with Cincinnati & Miami). 

If there is a qb run early we may have to move up to around 10-12 to get MR....