Bengals or Raiders?

Klaista2k

I think the Bengles only because their motivation will be to play a final game and get a win for their coach who is gone......there is no way on earth i can see this oakland team coming close to beating  a chargers team gunning for the post season....only way i see them winning is if rivers gets hit with an injury early in the game.....

Edited by JPP

The bills win Ravens lose is so incredibly simple and 99% of the time we would all be selling our souls for a chance so real...yet for some reason I can’t get excited. I guess we have been let down so many times that it’s human nature to expect the worst. Pretty much any year of the drought I would sign up for what we have. Somehow though, I just don’t believe it to be possible. I want to be wrong so bad.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Don't we also need Jags over Titans if the Chargers lose? 

After what I saw with the Raiders last night I should have no confidence they can beat the Chargers, but for some reason I like that one better.

What sucks is that every win we need is s road win, including our own.

11 minutes ago, RiotAct said:

Yes.  However, Marrone came out and said point-blank that he’s not resting any of his starters.

Thats what I thought. I'm not taking that one for granted regardless what Marrone says...but definitely a better statement than "we are resting our regulars".

56 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

The bills win Ravens lose is so incredibly simple and 99% of the time we would all be selling our souls for a chance so real...yet for some reason I can’t get excited. I guess we have been let down so many times that it’s human nature to expect the worst. Pretty much any year of the drought I would sign up for what we have. Somehow though, I just don’t believe it to be possible. I want to be wrong so bad.

Yeah, you pretty much expect heartbreak, like all of the teams we need to lose do lose but the Bills also lose late, or the Bills win, one of Oakland or Jacksonville wins, but the other loses late on a controversial play.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JPP said:

I think the Bengles only because their motivation will be to play a final game and get a win for their coach who is gone......there is no way on earth i can see this oakland team coming close to beating  a chargers team gunning for the post season....only way i see them winning is if rivers gets hit with an injury early in the game.....

People forget the Chargers game will be a home game for the Raiders. I guarantee out of the 28k in attendance,  18-20k will be wearing silver and black. The Raiders played very competitively vs Philly. The Marvin Lewis factor might help us in Baltimore? We need to take care of business in Miami. 

Based on watching the Raiders Monday?  GO BENGALS!

10 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

People forget the Chargers game will be a home game for the Raiders. I guarantee out of the 28k in attendance,  18-20k will be wearing silver and black. The Raiders played very competitively vs Philly. The Marvin Lewis factor might help us in Baltimore? We need to take care of business in Miami. 

Did you watch the same Eagles/Raiders game I did? Yes the Raiders defense was stout (till the end) but Derek Carr was just flat out BRUTAL!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

5 minutes ago, LittleJoeCartwright said:

Yeah, you pretty much expect heartbreak, like all of the teams we need to lose do lose but the Bills also lose late, or the Bills win, one of Oakland or Jacksonville wins, but the other loses late on a controversial play.  

the NFL will do everything in their power to make sure we're out of the playoffs for another year. Anyway it's more compelling to have 2 L A teams in the playoffs for marketing and Revenue.....

5 minutes ago, PromoTheRobot said:

Based on watching the Raiders Monday?  GO BENGALS!

Did you watch the same Eagles/Raiders have I did? Yes the Raiders defense was stout (till the end) but Derek Carr was just flat out BRUTAL!

Raiders had the ball under 2 min. Could easily have won 13-10. Carr's play this year has been odd. They'll be fired up in LA in front of their crazy Raider fans against their division rival. The key game is Cinncy.

2 minutes ago, LABILLBACKER said:

Raiders had the ball under 2 min. Could easily have won 13-10. Carr's play this year has been odd. They'll be fired up in LA in front of their crazy Raider fans against their division rival. The key game is Cinncy.

They had a chance because of an Eagle turnover, not because of Carr. In fact they lost because Carr threw a pick.

Here Carr's stat line:

15/29 140yds 1TD 2INT

Brutal!

Edited by PromoTheRobot

Bengals. They played Detroit tough and should be amped to knock the Ravens out of the race, or at least try.

Jags can play their starters all game and still lose. I don't see the admiration with this team. They really aren't that good but are heading in the right direction like the Bills.

The Raiders are hot garbage. We need the Bengals bad!!

1 hour ago, Klaista2k said:

I just noticed every single team we need to win this week is playing on the road. 

WTF what are the chances of that? Ugh

I think if Bengals and Jaguars win and we take care of business in Miami we are in period. Am I right?

2 hours ago, SinceThe70s said:

Don't we also need Jags over Titans if the Chargers lose? 

After what I saw with the Raiders last night I should have no confidence they can beat the Chargers, but for some reason I like that one better.

What sucks is that every win we need is s road win, including our own.

1) BUF win + BAL loss OR

2) BUF win + LAC loss or tie + TEN loss or tie OR

3) BUF tie + LAC loss + TEN loss.

2 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

They had a chance because of an Eagle turnover, not because of Carr. In fact they lost because Carr threw a pick.

Here Carr's stat line:

15/29 140yds 1TD 2INT

Brutal!

Maybe EJ gets the start nod and come in and lights it up, one can only hope.

Vegas says the Raiders.

I happen to think Cincy.  I know the Ravens are on a run, and there defense is playing well, but I think they'll get a game from Cincy.  We need Flacco to play a game he's capable of playing.  He did not play well vs. the Colts last Sunday.

Edited by Estro

5 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Articulated perfectly. I keep kind of hyping myself up, but it feels like a mirage. I just can't conceive it happening, and will be truly stunned if it does.

I know I've harped on this in other threads but if only the Ravens actually played four of their opponents starting QBs.

And that includes Rodgers, Watson and Luck.

With that said, I say Bengals. They'll be trying to get a win in Lewis' final game, the Ravens look mediocre and keeping a division rival out of the playoffs is a bonus. And remember Lewis was the DC on that 2000 Ravens team, so he'll want to beat his old team.

Edited by EersN'Bills
Addition to respond to thread topic.

11 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

they won't make it.   Ravens will not lose at home in a game they have to have against a team running for the bus.   Both Jax and Raiders have nothing to play for.   This is not happening.   make it 18 seasons and counting, as we expected 4 months ago.   

5 hours ago, EersN'Bills said:

I know I've harped on this in other threads but if only the Ravens actually played four of their opponents starting QBs.

And that includes Rodgers, Watson and Luck.

With that said, I say Bengals. They'll be trying to get a win in Lewis' final game, the Ravens look mediocre and keeping a division rival out of the playoffs is a bonus. And remember Lewis was the DC on that 2000 Ravens team, so he'll want to beat his old team.

Or the Chargers and the Jets. If McCown plays, Jets would have won.