Week 16: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with EJ Gaines Out

26CornerBlitz

Just noticed that Hogan was inactive against the Steelers yesterday.  I wonder if the shoulder is still hampering him or if he's been passed on the depth chart.  

FiveThirtyEight: What Gronk Does For The Patriots Offense

Plenty of things went sideways down the stretch of Patriots-Steelers on Sunday.

3 hours ago, Tatonka68 said:

Run the wishbone, and zero punts no matter the down or distance. Play after the snap on defense. Victory!

I honestly feel that the best way to defeat the Patriots would be to do something that they totally would not expect. That is to have Taylor play QB from the pocket, throw the ball deep and for the offense to run plays at a fast pace. Belichick will have a spy on Taylor taking someone out of the Pats coverage and their defense will 100% be keying on stopping McCoy. I know it goes against everything you think you would need to do to defeat them, but I feel that the only chance is Taylor proving himself capable of being a pocket QB and having the Bills be up by double digits at halftime. Once the Pats defense gets tired and start having to respect the passing game, then Shady would come more into the game plan in the second half. I'd challenge Taylor to stay in the pocket and deliver the football in the first half.

Edited by 1billsfan

A lot of Joe Webb wildcat could be a help. Also I would put Tyrod and Peterman on the field at the same time. Spread Tyrod our wide, maybe have him catch a pass behind the line and throw deep. Or just let him be a decoy, catch and run. Have a Peterman,Tyrod and Webb all on the field together. A pass could come from any of them. Try something different.

• Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, 1billsfan said:

I honestly feel that the best way to defeat the Patriots would be to do something that they totally would not expect. That is to have Taylor play QB from the pocket, throw the ball deep and for the offense to run plays at a fast pace. Belichick will have a spy on Taylor taking someone out of the Pats coverage and their defense will 100% be keying on stopping McCoy. I know it goes against everything you think you would need to do to defeat them, but I feel that the only chance is Taylor proving himself capable of being a pocket QB and having the Bills be up by double digits at halftime. Once the Pats defense gets tired and start having to respect the passing game, then Shady would come more into the game plan in the second half. I'd challenge Taylor to stay in the pocket and deliver the football in the first half.

He hasn't been able to prove it in the last few years...what makes you think he can do it on the road against any team ?......and specifically a Belichick coached defense.....our only chance is to have Shady go off....and I think he can....

2 minutes ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

A lot of Joe Webb wildcat could be a help. Also I would put Tyrod and Peterman on the field at the same time. Spread Tyrod our wide, maybe have him catch a pass behind the line and throw deep. Or just let him be a decoy, catch and run. Have a Peterman,Tyrod and Webb all on the field together. A pass could come from any of them. Try something different.

:lol:

Running Shady into an eight man front is a fools game plan that will keep the game decently close, but the Bills will have an extremely low chance to pull off the win because the passing game won't be there in the 4th quarter because they probably wouldn't be in rhythm, and be down by about 10 points, a point when Pats defense would then be expecting the pass. Just challenge Taylor to do it, tell him it's the best way to catch the Pats off guard and see what happens. Tell him the truth that no one in the league thinks he can do it and he's being given the chance prove all of the doubters wrong. 

Edited by 1billsfan

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

I have a hunch the pocket is EXACTLY where Belichick wants him to operate from as well. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, 1billsfan said:

The idea is sound. But the O line cannot protect a pocket as far as I can tell.
 But because everyone knows that, it would be the best way to outsmart the Demon.

No one expects the Spanish Inquisition either...

1 hour ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Exactly. Have some fun out there. Webb Peterman and Taylor and a heavy set.
Go Bills !

5 minutes ago, LeGOATski said:

We do. His name is Kelvin Benjamin. 

Tyrod just needs to throw to him.

I suggest Deonte Thompson over the top. But yes we do
But I bet Gilmore thinks twice about tackling Benjamin turned upfield and gathering steam ?
 and keep in mind Kelvin is playing dinged so far this year.

I fear McDermott and the coaching staff still under estimate the beast that is the Patriots. We put up a good defensive effort last game, but you better have some creative offense if you think you have a chance. If by some miracle we have a lead on this team in the 3rd quarter, you can't just run the ball and try and play the clock. 

On 12/17/2017 at 8:32 PM, RiotAct said:

holy crap, I’d take the Bills in a heartbeat as 12.5-point dogs.

The Bills will beat the spread and maybe even win the game if the good players all show up.  They will get blown out if their lousy body doubles are in the lineup as they sometimes are.

Man, I wanna believe, but NE week makes me wanna puke.

I didn't watch the first meeting as I KNEW exactly what the result was going to be.......the usual 20 point loss.

Please tell me how I should waste 3 hours and watch ANOTHER 20 point loss to those scumbags?

By the way, if it's a nail-biter, you know a lucky  bounce and/or a McDermott coaching failure will result in a NE victory as well.

Either way, it's the usual waste of 3 hours when the Bills play those jackhammers.

Again, why should I waste time?

I say this cause I wanna be talked into watching it.

9 hours ago, TigerJ said:

The Bills will beat the spread and maybe even win the game if the good players all show up.  They will get blown out if their lousy body doubles are in the lineup as they sometimes are.

So, if they play well they could win, if they don't they will lose? Guess it could go either way

5 hours ago, njbuff said:

I didn't watch the first meeting as I KNEW exactly what the result was going to be.......the usual 20 point loss.

Please tell me how I should waste 3 hours and watch ANOTHER 20 point loss to those scumbags?

By the way, if it's a nail-biter, you know a lucky  bounce and/or a McDermott coaching failure will result in a NE victory as well.

Either way, it's the usual waste of 3 hours when the Bills play those jackhammers.

I got nothing for ya...I'll watch because I am a Bills fan...but I fully expect to just be casually watching and enjoying Christmas eve with my family by half time. We are what we are, average. 

6 hours ago, njbuff said:

If you're a Bills fan you watch. It's pretty simple. We're also in the wild-card chase for 1st playoff spot in 17 seasons. I shouldn't have to give you reasons to watch your team play.  If you think it will be a waste of time, don't watch.....what else do you have planned for Sunday 1pm?

1 hour ago, nucci said:

If you're a Bills fan you watch. It's pretty simple. We're also in the wild-card chase for 1st playoff spot in 17 seasons. I shouldn't have to give you reasons to watch your team play.  If you think it will be a waste of time, don't watch.....what else do you have planned for Sunday 1pm?

I hate watching and listening to the asskissers WRT to Tommy, but I do love it when he struggles.  If it's a Pats* blowout I will only check in once every 15 to 30 minutes.   

I like Romo's calls. He knows the game so well.  It made the Pats Steelers game better.  So we have one good thing going. 

I do feel as if we're due for a KR or PR for a TD, and would like to see some ST creativity to try and get one.

Pull out all the stops. Fake a punt. Lateral a KR. Take deep shots. When you figure you're going to lose anyway, which is the case here, why not come out guns blazing and try to put some pressure on them?

Would also love to see us get Benjamin matched up with Gilmore. 

And I'll say it again: if Gaines can go, then have White be 1/2 of the double team on Gronk* every play. Get in his head. 

One last thing: blitz Poyer on Brady's blindside a few times. 

Edited by JohnBonhamRocks

1 hour ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

I hate watching and listening to the asskissers WRT to Tommy, but I do love it when he struggles.  If it's a Pats* blowout I will only check in once every 15 to 30 minutes.   

I like Romo's calls. He knows the game so well.  It made the Pats Steelers game better.  So we have one good thing going. 

Exactly! What have we learned this year? The Bills have overachieverd a little and are making a cute little push to the playoffs. And Romo is amazing...

Every 10 games or so the Bills win 1 of these.   The long season is wearing on Brady, the effects of 3 extra playoff games to end the 2016 season, his age, getting hit a lot the last few games, the colder weather. 

Gronk's brutal hit on White is fresh in everyone's minds.  The Bills should be pumped for this one.

I think this is the 1 in 10. 

18 minutes ago, driddles said:

Every 10 games or so the Bills win 1 of these.   The long season is wearing on Brady, the effects of 3 extra playoff games to end the 2016 season, his age, getting hit a lot the last few games, the colder weather. 

Gronk's brutal hit on White is fresh in everyone's minds.  The Bills should be pumped for this one.

welp..... ya talked me right into it. lol

36 minutes ago, driddles said:

they managed that last season 16-0 ... 9 more years or until Brady retires