Week 16: Patriots' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced with EJ Gaines Out

26CornerBlitz

Coaching is whats going to be the problem.......forget our players its actually the coaching staff that needs to put forward a perfect game plan FOR ONCE!!!  Conservativeness equals toast vs the pats.....

• Like (+1) 1

48 minutes ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok... how to beat the Pats.

You have to find a guy on your roster that can man up gronk the whole game. That’s his only job. Even if it’s Kbenj... aka not a conventional defender.

Humbers or milano are too small, Hyde may be best bet but it’s a big ask for him and the d loses him in a zone  

I wonder if Logan Thomas would be physical enough to just play man on Gronk in passing situations. Enough to not get us blown off the ball if they ran right at him.

3 hours ago, 8-8 Forever? said:

yep.  Its been a few weeks since we got killed on National TV.   Here we go again.  If the game is shown only in Botswana, they then win.   In front of a national audience, go get blown up.  Can't imagine this week being any different, but hey, go bills.  

Eh, they're overdue for a crushing defeat - their losses this season have all been pretty clear cut.  Watch them go up 21-0, then given up 28 unanswered with Brady scoring on the last play of the game on a McKelvin-esque muffed punt.

4 hours ago, aceman_16 said:

They can keep the WRs.... give me the 1st overall draft pick at QB instead!!

Bingo. We've had their WR's. It's the #1 overall pick QB that makes the difference.

And for the record:

1. COOPER KUPP (WHO?!) - 58 receptions for 804 yards & 4 TDs

2. Woods - 53 receptions for 748 yards & 5 TDs

3. Gurley - 54 receptions for 602 yards & 4 TDs

4. Watkins - 36 receptions for 563 yards & 7 TDs

Yeah, the 3rd round rookie is leading the team in receptions & yards. Watkins has 7 TDs, so that's nice and all. But considering he cost two 1st round picks, had only a year left, and about to demand a lot of money, not worth that production (and that's with a great passing QB). Even their RB has more yards & receptions than Watkins. Here's a look at his stats today in a 42-7 win over Seattle: 2 receptions on 5 targets for 14 yards and 0 TDs. WOW! 

Woods is having his best year, but was a free agent. And even though this is his best year ever, it's still worse than all of Jordan Matthew's seasons before he came to Buffalo.

And regarding that QB they have? Thrown for 3953 yards (282 per game), 24 TDs & 7 Ints along with only 24 sacks. Compare that to Tyrod - thrown for 2,314 (178 per game) yards, 13 TDs & 4 Ints along with 36 sacks. 

Yeah...I'm gonna go out on a limb & say a QB made the biggest difference. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 hours ago, westerndecline said:

Very first qtr im sending a backup to take gronk out

!@#$ it!!!!

Usually I don't condone this. But after the cheap shot and non apology, I am ok with getting a practice squad guy to just spear Gronk every play on the first drive. 

5 hours ago, BigDingus said:

Bingo. We've had their WR's. It's the #1 overall pick QB that makes the difference.

And for the record:

Yeah, the 3rd round rookie is leading the team in receptions & yards. Watkins has 7 TDs, so that's nice and all. But considering he cost two 1st round picks, had only a year left, and about to demand a lot of money, not worth that production (and that's with a great passing QB). Even their RB has more yards & receptions than Watkins. Here's a look at his stats today in a 42-7 win over Seattle: 2 receptions on 5 targets for 14 yards and 0 TDs. WOW! 

Woods is having his best year, but was a free agent. And even though this is his best year ever, it's still worse than all of Jordan Matthew's seasons before he came to Buffalo.

And regarding that QB they have? Thrown for 3953 yards (282 per game), 24 TDs & 7 Ints along with only 24 sacks. Compare that to Tyrod - thrown for 2,314 (178 per game) yards, 13 TDs & 4 Ints along with 36 sacks. 

I had no idea that Woods was out playing Watkins.

Watkins isn't going to get that big money deal he wanted 

1 hour ago, WhitewalkerInPhilly said:

Usually I don't condone this. But after the cheap shot and non apology, I am ok with getting a practice squad guy to just spear Gronk every play on the first drive. 

I had no idea that Woods was out playing Watkins.

Watkins isn't going to get that big money deal he wanted 

During Woods' absence we were regaled about Sammy's role in the offense, and yet when Woods came back Sammy dropped down the pecking order again.

32 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

We lost to them by 20 just a few weeks ago........ at home ...how's 12.5 on the road ridiculous ?....I expected the line to be worse tbh.....

Lines are funny. If you came to me afterward and said the Bills lost by 13 points, or they lost 30-17 or something like that it's like "well yeah I can see that".

But a 12.5 line is somehow not in the realm of reality.

55 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

We lost to them by 20 just a few weeks ago........ at home ...how's 12.5 on the road ridiculous ?....I expected the line to be worse tbh.....

....need a little "Andy & Alex" magic dust........never saw that thumping coming.......

12 hours ago, Over 29 years of fanhood said:

Ok... how to beat the Pats.

You have to find a guy on your roster that can man up gronk the whole game. That’s his only job. Even if it’s Kbenj... aka not a conventional defender.

Humbers or milano are too small, Hyde may be best bet but it’s a big ask for him and the d loses him in a zone  

Love the idea about an unconventional defender - if Belicheck had to gameplan against Gronk, I bet he would do something along those lines.  Why not?  Everything else has been tried and has been unsuccessful.  I think KB would be abe to hang with Gronk size and speed wise.

10 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

Love this post. 10 stars

Having Goff would do the trick.

2 minutes ago, Southtown Tommy said:

Love the idea about an unconventional defender - if Belicheck had to gameplan against Gronk, I bet he would do something along those lines.  Why not?  Everything else has been tried and has been unsuccessful.  I think KB would be abe to hang with Gronk size and speed wise.

I think Belichick would constantly double Gronk and blitz Brady on Gronk's side.

When it comes down to it, the defense has to have a plan for each of the Pats' weapons and be able to adjust as the Pats switch it up. Adjusting can't only come down to coaches. The players have to recognize it and know what to do. That's where preparation, discipline, and communication on the field play a crucial role.

14 hours ago, Brianmoorman4jesus said:

Some time eventually we are going to beat these guys in a game that matters. It is going to happen...No better time then now

I can’t believe we’re still talking about facing Brady and Belichick.  I don’t think there were even message boards before those guys were there.

A lifetime and then some.  Sports purgatory.

10 hours ago, BigDingus said:

And for the record:

Sure QB makes the biggest difference in the game, but diminishing Watkins role in the offense and what the routes he runs accomplishes in the scheme is a fools game. Goff is actually a big reason why SW doesn't have more catches, but clearly the Rams coaches don't see it as a huge problem. Watkins still has the most TD 's of any Rams WR. The goal of offense is still  to score TDs. 

3 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

Ahhhh, a loss is all but assured now. I don't think the Bills have won a game called by Nantz. 

I just thought of something.  Bungles may play extra hard in last game against Ravens to send Marvin Lewis out on winning note.  Plus divisional game so I would not automatically just put that one in W column for Ravens.

8 minutes ago, Boatdrinks said:

Sure QB makes the biggest difference in the game, but diminishing Watkins role in the offense and what the routes he runs accomplishes in the scheme is a fools game. Goff is actually a big reason why SW doesn't have more catches, but clearly the Rams coaches don't see it as a huge problem. Watkins still has the most TD 's of any Rams WR. The goal of offense is still  to score TDs. 

Ahhhh, a loss is all but assured now. I don't think the Bills have won a game called by Nantz. 

Nantz called the Thursday Night game against the Jets in 2015....Rex's return home.  We won that game.

That's the first game that comes to mind.

12 minutes ago, 26CornerBlitz said:

And again this is what makes Bill Belichick a genius and mad scientist. He analyzes every intregate part of a football game. He realizes the risk of reaching for the pylon with one hand and chance the ball coming loose like Carr far outweighs the chance at a td....