crappy watkins still soft as they come

12 minutes ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

it was really several draft picks.  but agree.

Yeah.  I meant the draft move as a whole.  High risk, high reward.  It was worth it for the Falcons trading up for Julio Jones, but they had Matt Ryan.  It's still all about getting the franchise quarterback as we see how well the Eagles and Rams are doing this year.  This team won't compete for the Superbowl until we get one.

1 hour ago, LABILLBACKER said:

What a dumb thread....

35 minutes ago, P51 said:

Amazingly enough not as dumb as some of the analysis of the play itself, nearly perfect pass, let the corner make the interception...

33 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Nearly perfect pass? It was about seven yards short. 

13 minutes ago, P51 said:

Yeah it was, how anyone could say other wise is dumb, as is saying he let the corner intercept it. I get a good laugh off the sheer stupidity of some of the things posted here.

12 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

Ha. Okay you got me. Because of that sheer stupidity. 

In all seriousness I’m agreeing with you. I meant it was 7 yards short. The thread is dumb to begin with, the OP is clueless and is obviously agenda driven. How anyone could call the pass nearly perfect or say that Watkins let the defender pick that pass (comments from other posts) is sheer stupidity and makes me laugh. I’m not trying to get you, I’m agreeing with you, that was a awful pass.

1 hour ago, thebandit27 said:

You were wrong then, and you're wrong now

he dominates whenever he's targeted

Period

Today he had 4 catches for 84 yards and a TD in a Rams' victory over a team that had won 7 straight games 

He generated two PIs for 63 yards in crunch time too.

Edited by dave mcbride

3 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Dont really care what he does.  Tired of seeing thread after thread about him.  People need to let it go.  

So this thread title made you click on it and respond because you have no interest in any of its contents whatsoever? That's like Russian grade clickbait. 

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, PABillsfan23 said:

Dont really care what he does.  Tired of seeing thread after thread about him.  People need to let it go.  

Avoid the debate about him then.

1 hour ago, P51 said:

Amazingly enough not as dumb as some of the analysis of the play itself, nearly perfect pass, let the corner make the interception...

Huh??????

wtf.

Oh lord, I’m not saying those things are true. I was agreeing originally with LABacker, and some where along the lines some confusion developed. I’m saying that the OP/thread are dumb as is some of the analysis of the play itself; like that it was nearly a perfect pass, or that he let the corner make the pick that I have read in this thread. The pass was aweful, he tried to make the catch as best he could, there was no way he gave up and let the CB just make the pick, too say other wise is dumb. To put that play on Watkins is sheer stupidity.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Gugny said:

He also let a guy intercept a ball that he could have either tried to catch or knock down.  Sorry, Bandit, but this guy - as talented as he is (which is a lot) is a selfish piece of ****.

Now if Taylor threw the ball, it's a bad pass.

6 hours ago, dave mcbride said:

He generated two PIs for 63 yards in crunch time too.

Also drew a facemask for another 15 yards (pass wasn't thrown to him, thus added to the end of the play).

Nice to see Goff look his direction.  Next week hopefully a little more accurately.

5 hours ago, klos63 said:

Now if Taylor threw the ball, it's a bad pass.

And we could have 10 pages explaining why that is why Goff should be cut........  Oops 25, because Tyrod completed a pass and complaints are he didn't hit the receiver in stride in the #'s.....

4 hours ago, BeginnersMind said:

We will see how he does with Brady next year. 

Seriously, might be a better offense than the 2007 Pats O if that happens.

However (sarcasm on), given that he would likely not "produce" as the Edelman's, Gronk's, Cook's, Hogan's, Lewis's, Amendola's, Whites's, Bennett's and Burkhead's would get theirs as TB12 spreads the ball around to the open guy in 1.2 seconds as defenses cant double anyone in empty sets, the Pat's O scores 42 points a game while Brady plays only the first half, Hoyer looks like TB12.2 playing the 2nd half of all 16 games and is named to the Pro Bowl to back up Brady after the Pat's O adds another 21 points in the 2nd half as the O alone averages 63 points a game, several Bills fans will continue to start posts about how Watkins is not that good, was not a factor here, injured too much, soft, gives away interceptions, and has no real effect on the Patriots Offense as their "#5" option and is overpaid as he takes less to play for NE, despite Watkins catching only 82 passes for 1470 yards and 15 TD's, while NE goes 16-0 in 2019 and wins its 3rd consecutive Super Bowl. (Sarcasm off)

15 hours ago, re enlightener said:

Anyone who hated my flaming of watkins since about 4 weeks into his first nfl season with us, will remember I said he plays soft, doesnt attack the football and cant catch 50/50 balls.

Today in a close game he lazily stuck his arm out to pretend to make an effort at a nearly perfect pass about 2 feet behind him instead of slowing down to high point it and take a hit (he just paws at them with one hand when they are contested.)   He did this constantly in Buffalo and unless it was out in front of him or near the sideline/endzone he wouldnt come up with the catch.

SOOOO today he literally tips the ball (about to hit the ground), up and to the side about a yard away right to the cb which gave Goff a nice INT.

There was no chance of an int if twatkins doesnt do that, and it looked like an easy catch if he had just slowed down to catch it and take a little contact.

Moral of the story, I coudlnt stand his soft play and wasted talent way before the trade, and Im so thankful now that he is gone and we have instead a quality pick AND a quality CB who I really am liking this year.

Woods was the guy we should have kept, said it before he left, and its just as true now as when I sad it for the last 4 years.

Nearly perfect throw. Just 10 yards underthrown.  Like all those nearly perfect picks Fitzpatrick used to throw.

• Haha (+1) 1

19 hours ago, re enlightener said:

Anyone who hated my flaming of watkins since about 4 weeks into his first nfl season with us, will remember I said he plays soft, doesnt attack the football and cant catch 50/50 balls.

Today in a close game he lazily stuck his arm out to pretend to make an effort at a nearly perfect pass about 2 feet behind him instead of slowing down to high point it and take a hit (he just paws at them with one hand when they are contested.)   He did this constantly in Buffalo and unless it was out in front of him or near the sideline/endzone he wouldnt come up with the catch.

SOOOO today he literally tips the ball (about to hit the ground), up and to the side about a yard away right to the cb which gave Goff a nice INT.

There was no chance of an int if twatkins doesnt do that, and it looked like an easy catch if he had just slowed down to catch it and take a little contact.

Moral of the story, I coudlnt stand his soft play and wasted talent way before the trade, and Im so thankful now that he is gone and we have instead a quality pick AND a quality CB who I really am liking this year.

Woods was the guy we should have kept, said it before he left, and its just as true now as when I sad it for the last 4 years.

I also assume you hate AJ Green who lousily and lazily has 3 turnovers against the Bills. 

20 hours ago, re enlightener said:

I agree - he has TREMENDOUS talent, but that's different from using it. He needs to have a Dez Bryant moment where he realizes it's not all about him and needs to put on for his team, whether it be forced or self-realized. I don't think he's the prima donna that TO, Ocho, early Dez were, but his attitude is getting in the way and had it been fixed, man I would've loved to see Sammy and KB on the same team.

4 hours ago, Jauronimo said:

Nearly perfect throw. Just 10 yards underthrown.  Like all those nearly perfect picks Fitzpatrick used to throw.

Word, don't throws need to be on target and not 10 yards underthrown to be perfect? How is 2 feet short a nearly perfect for an NFL throw?

Edited by ctk232

Sammy was a good, albeit oft injured, WR while here and he is the same there. When you throw him the ball he makes plays, simple as. Look at his stats the last 9 games of 2015, especially the last 6 when he was targeted like a #1 WR. 

http://www.nfl.com/player/sammywatkins/2543457/gamelogs?season=2015

If he had the good fortune of being with a Brady, a Rivers, a Manning, or a Roethlisberger, or a Brees he just might very well be getting ready to become one of the highest paid WR's in this league. 

Sorry, aside from the Andre Reed impression he does on the opening play, the 31 yard juggled catch down the sideline tells you Sammy is not soft.  He knows he's got two defenders in a position to send him into the stands, but focuses on the ball the entire time to bring it in.   

• Like (+1) 1

On 11/26/2017 at 6:51 PM, NoSaint said:

And two interference calls 

And I’d add takes hits and gets contested balls 

and Id add that he doesnt,  never did here, got ej benched the first time around, pawing at balls in houston that could have been TD's.

WOW two PI Calls????? thats the fault of the DB's.   

Sammy lost us several games being a giant pu$y,  but most people memories go back a whole 2 games, or are blind to mistakes by "their guy"

why dont I like sammy?  I should right,?  oh ya because hes a huge Pus$y      thats why.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:30 PM, Boatdrinks said:

L.A.M.P

true,  but when ive been right for 4 years,  well before people jumped off the sammy b wagon, i get to say i told you so,  but good that you can write 4 letters,  really proud of you.  buttdrinks.

On 11/26/2017 at 7:31 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Nearly perfect pass? It was about seven yards short. 

than how did twatkins tip it to the db?  7 yards is 21 feet, does smammy have 21 foot arms?  aligators tend to have 1 foot arms.

On 11/27/2017 at 4:44 PM, buffaloboyinATL said:

Probably true. Being picked in the first round is the gift that keeps on giving.

Jamarcus Russell says hello. Poor dude was begging teams to give him another shot. 

Edited by BillsEnthusiast

On 11/26/2017 at 8:17 PM, P51 said:

I’m not trying to get you, I’m agreeing with you, that was a awful pass.

just completely dumb,  no knowledge or memory at least, of all the similarly non catches of passes where watkins wasnt wide open.   i just want to bet  all of you supposed experts money and then dvr all, i mean all,  maybe 30 or so, of the dropped balls that twatkins couldnt come up with in his time here.  and 21 feet is pretty far to tip the ball up and back to a db, when all the while he could stop his feet, jump and high point it,   but thats too hard for you to understand I guess.  non althelete and all.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:27 AM, P51 said:

However (sarcasm on), given that he would likely not "produce" as the Edelman's, Gronk's, Cook's, Hogan's, Lewis's, Amendola's, Whites's, Bennett's and Burkhead's would get theirs as TB12 spreads the ball around to the open guy in 1.2 seconds as defenses cant double anyone in empty sets, the Pat's O scores 42 points a game while Brady plays only the first half, Hoyer looks like TB12.2 playing the 2nd half of all 16 games and is named to the Pro Bowl to back up Brady after the Pat's O adds another 21 points in the 2nd half as the O alone averages 63 points a game, several Bills fans will continue to start posts about how Watkins is not that good, was not a factor here, injured too much, soft, gives away interceptions, and has no real effect on the Patriots Offense as their "#5" option and is overpaid as he takes less to play for NE, despite Watkins catching only 82 passes for 1470 yards and 15 TD's, while NE goes 16-0 in 2019 and wins its 3rd consecutive Super Bowl. (Sarcasm off)

Lol that was good. Thanks. 

On 11/26/2017 at 6:07 PM, re enlightener said:

I couldn’t believe it when I saw it in real time and then saw the replays. What a poor effort.

• 1 month later...
On 11/28/2017 at 8:26 PM, Elite Poster said:

Big part of an offense that is on its way to the playoffs while you geniuses continue to tell us he sucks.

I'm glad we have guys like Kelvin and Matthews though. Hopefully their knees hold up. 

just saw this, because  13 is soooo much more than 3 in the playoffs,   a game where sammy sucked again.   and lost the game.

On 11/27/2017 at 10:27 AM, P51 said:

and now i really loathe Sammy.. thanks. I was pretty neutral before your premonition. now i am just pissed . always thought he needed a haircut anyways

On 1/8/2018 at 8:33 PM, 3rdand12 said:

and now i really loathe Sammy.. thanks. I was pretty neutral before your premonition. now i am just pissed . always thought he needed a haircut anyways

Lol, stay with the light, keep context in mind and stay away from the statside... He still might need a hair cut...