crappy watkins still soft as they come

2 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Saints/status/934936189345218561/video/1

theres the play for reference. 

I think thats a tougher catch than it appears on the surface. Far tougher than the OP pretends. I think you drop any wr into that and the catch rate is very low.

And any decent pass anywhere near him is a long completion. 

I said he was five yards open (because that's what Romo said). It was closer to three yards open. ;)

4 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

And any decent pass anywhere near him is a long completion. 

I said he was five yards open (because that's what Romo said). It was closer to three yards open. ;)

Yea. Easily a huge catch with anything near him. It’s hard to catch on my phone but looks like if he simply carries his stride the ball would’ve landed, what, about 7 yards behind him? To adjust that far- from a full sprint to near dead stop in the couple of strides it took is not near as easy as some want to believe. There was no way he had an ounce of consideration for a back shoulder throw there, and that was behind even for that to be a comp point for detractors 

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/Saints/status/934936189345218561/video/1

theres the play for reference. 

I think thats a tougher catch than it appears on the surface. Far tougher than the OP pretends. I think you drop any wr into that and the catch rate is very low.

Yes, and the problem is that Watkins is “any WR.” People compared him to Julio Jones. It has become very clear he is not in that tier of receivers. I do think he will ask for and possibly get the money that receivers in that tier make. He has no allegiance to a particular team, he’ll go to the highest bidder. I’m happy to not be that bidder and I’ll take the valuable pick over the one-year rental. Nothing against him as a player, he’s still pretty good. He won’t carry an offense like the true elites do, and he cares more about protecting his body than making a spectacular catch which is fairly rare for him. He’s a pretty solid #1 that will end up overpaid.

Edited by HappyDays

4 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Yes, and the problem is that Watkins is “any WR.” People compared him to Julio Jones. It has become very clear he is not in that tier of receivers. I do think he will ask for and possibly get the money that receivers in that tier make. He has no allegiance to a particular team, he’ll go to the highest bidder. I’m happy to not be that bidder and I’ll take the valuable pick over the one-year rental. Nothing against him as a player, he’s still pretty good. He won’t carry an offense like the true elites do, and he cares more about protecting his body than making a spectacular catch which is fairly rare for him. He’s a pretty solid #1 that will end up overpaid.

You love to make up things with zero evidence.  He doesn't shy away from contact (as evidenced by his 1st catch today) and has made great catches in his NFL career with both the Bills and now the Rams. 

40 minutes ago, matter2003 said:

Yeah pretty much...in addition to drawing 2 PI calls and being terribly underthrown when he had about 4 or 5 steps on the DB at least twice that would have ended in a long TD...

Exactly...the OP is literally trying to create a narrative that fits his negative opinion.

• Like (+1) 4

8 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

I take Julio over him. I’d venture we all do. I think most made that comp point on their first couple years as a rebuttal to him being called a bum, and a #3 that hadn’t accomplished anything. Even you said top half of the #1 receiver rankings. If we are debating whether he’s 5-10 or 10-15 I think that you get a different caliber of argument than is he a high end starter or is he a rotational bench player 

On 11/26/2017 at 9:39 PM, LABILLBACKER said:

What a dumb thread....

Amazingly enough not as dumb as some of the analysis of the play itself, (EDIT:) like saying it was a nearly perfect pass, (EDIT:) or like saying he let the corner make the interception...

Edited by P51
(EDIT:) for Clarification, KD/26

58 minutes ago, John from Hemet said:

Just dont understand the hate on Sammy

He is no longer a bill.....good luck to him

Some fans can't let go and are pissed because they think TT is struggling because of Watkins not being here anymore.

And while that may be true to a certain extent it doesn't change the reality that this team would still be 6-5 now with Watkins still here.

On 11/26/2017 at 10:31 PM, Kelly the Dog said:

Nearly perfect pass? It was about seven yards short. 

Yeah it was (EDIT:) seven yards short, how anyone could say other wise is dumb, as is saying he let the corner intercept it. I get a good laugh off the sheer stupidity of some of the things posted here (EDIT:) like saying it was a perfect pass, it was clearly not perfect or even close to perfect. 

Edited by P51
(EDIT:) for Clarification, KD/26
  • Haha (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

Some fans can't let go and are pissed because they think TT is struggling because of Watkins not being here anymore.

And while that may be true to a certain extent it doesn't change the reality that this team would still be 6-5 now with Watkins still here.

I don’t like watkins at all. But it’s not because of TT. It’s because of watkins’ lack of production and the constant injuries he suffered when he was here, especially compared to what we have up for him. He was and is a total disappointment.

In LA, he’s turning himself into a pretty solid decoy/3rd WR option (after Woods and Cupp). I can’t see any team paying him no. 1 WR money.

that said, I’m not blaming him for that interception against NO on the Goff underthrow.