crappy watkins still soft as they come

Anyone who hated my flaming of watkins since about 4 weeks into his first nfl season with us, will remember I said he plays soft, doesnt attack the football and cant catch 50/50 balls.

Today in a close game he lazily stuck his arm out to pretend to make an effort at a nearly perfect pass about 2 feet behind him instead of slowing down to high point it and take a hit (he just paws at them with one hand when they are contested.)   He did this constantly in Buffalo and unless it was out in front of him or near the sideline/endzone he wouldnt come up with the catch.

SOOOO today he literally tips the ball (about to hit the ground), up and to the side about a yard away right to the cb which gave Goff a nice INT.

There was no chance of an int if twatkins doesnt do that, and it looked like an easy catch if he had just slowed down to catch it and take a little contact.

Moral of the story, I coudlnt stand his soft play and wasted talent way before the trade, and Im so thankful now that he is gone and we have instead a quality pick AND a quality CB who I really am liking this year.

Woods was the guy we should have kept, said it before he left, and its just as true now as when I sad it for the last 4 years.

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, re enlightener said:

Anyone who hated my flaming of watkins since about 4 weeks into his first nfl season with us, will remember I said he plays soft, doesnt attack the football and cant catch 50/50 balls.

Today in a close game he lazily stuck his arm out to pretend to make an effort at a nearly perfect pass about 2 feet behind him instead of slowing down to high point it and take a hit (he just paws at them with one hand when they are contested.)   He did this constantly in Buffalo and unless it was out in front of him or near the sideline/endzone he wouldnt come up with the catch.

SOOOO today he literally tips the ball (about to hit the ground), up and to the side about a yard away right to the cb which gave Goff a nice INT.

There was no chance of an int if twatkins doesnt do that, and it looked like an easy catch if he had just slowed down to catch it and take a little contact.

Moral of the story, I coudlnt stand his soft play and wasted talent way before the trade, and Im so thankful now that he is gone and we have instead a quality pick AND a quality CB who I really am liking this year.

Woods was the guy we should have kept, said it before he left, and its just as true now as when I sad it for the last 4 years.

he is soft, regardless he was a huge part of why the Rams won today.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, thebandit27 said:

You were wrong then, and you're wrong now

he dominates whenever he's targeted

Period

Today he had 4 catches for 84 yards and a TD in a Rams' victory over a team that had won 7 straight games 

He also drew to PI calls agsinst NO, who has actually won 8 in a row. 

17 minutes ago, re enlightener said:

You remain as clueless as ever.

• Like (+1) 1

How about he was running full speed was open and Goff made a lousy pass, that Watkins tried to tip to himself.  He also had 2 PI's called and a facemask....... He also made a great catch ona ball that he juggled as he beat coverage on.  

Goff missed him a # of times too.

• Like (+1) 3

16 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Period

Today he had 4 catches for 84 yards and a TD in a Rams' victory over a team that had won 7 straight games 

Yeah pretty much...in addition to drawing 2 PI calls and being terribly underthrown when he had about 4 or 5 steps on the DB at least twice that would have ended in a long TD...

Edited by matter2003

25 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Period

He also let a guy intercept a ball that he could have either tried to catch or knock down.  Sorry, Bandit, but this guy - as talented as he is (which is a lot) is a selfish piece of ****.

• Like (+1) 1

28 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Period

And two interference calls 

7 minutes ago, Kelly the Dog said:

They also made him the hands guy to recover the onsides kick at the end of the game, which he did. Not that it means that much, other than the fact they think he has the best hands on the team, which he does. 

And I’d add takes hits and gets contested balls 

1 minute ago, Gugny said:

He also let a guy intercept a ball that he could have either tried to catch or knock down.  Sorry, Bandit, but this guy - as talented as he is (which is a lot) is a selfish piece of ****.

He was five yards past the defender. The announcer even said the ball was five yards short. He slowed down to almost a stop and reached back and just got one hand on it. It luckily bounced to the defender. It possible that he could have stopped earlier because it was such a crappy pass but that's arguable. 

41 minutes ago, re enlightener said:

The only thing soft is your weak analysis of his game.  There isn't a WR in NFL history that you can't nit pick isolated plays for in order to make a case to serve your opinion.  He has made some phenomenal plays both with the Bills and Rams that completely refute your soft stance.  Including his 2 TD game earlier this year where his toughness, power, and determination got him into the end zone despite taking a massive shot to the head.  

And no offense...but who the hell cares if you think he is soft.  He is NOT a Buffalo Bill anymore, what is with this boards obsession to over analyze and slam people who aren't on this team.  Its not like he left in bad fashion, he came out and caught the first 4 passes of the Preseason and then the team traded him for a 2nd and Gaines.  Is it really necessary to continuously create threads to try and discredit a guy who isn't here?  Especially after he just played a significant role in a big win for his new team that included over 80 yards and a TD?