I'm done

row_33

You can be done all you want. I think allot of the AFC is done this year. We have real opportunity this year to back into the playoffs with a losing record. NFC is dominating football and only a handful of AFC teams look decent. Patriots, Steelers and you can say but it's hard to admit Jaguars. Beyond that no team has been consistent and even those teams have shown glaring weaknesses. If we can right the ship even a little bit and win two or three more games we can make the playoffs. I know winning one game is hard to believe right now.

This wasn't really an 'I'm done' attempt, this was more of an 'I'm done' gesture

We'll know it's for real when it comes with the four paragraph rant that includes everything from OJ to Ralph to Peterman.

In the meantime, let's give row the emotional support he needs.   

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Where the fans know everything, and management knows nothing. To hell with logic. BRING ON THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!

See #BADOL for yours. He'll be happy to help

From the guy who thinks anything Whaley breathed on should be cut, traded, or burned and is appalled at the audacity of a common fan questioning the decision making of McD and Beane.

Well, I can understand the feeling. The last 3 games have been the worst 3 game stretch ever. I will watch Sunday. But if that is also horrible, not as in a loss but in another horrible blowout, I'm done... for this year. I don't even watch other games this year and I used to.

4 minutes ago, Jauronimo said:

From the guy who thinks anything Whaley breathed on should be cut, traded, or burned and is appalled at the audacity of a common fan questioning the decision making of McD and Beane.

Whaley had a a proven track record of failure. These guys haven't even had a calendar year.

One position carries the weight of logic.

The other carries a whole lot of caterwauling.

The UNMITIGATED GALL.

:lol:

Edited by joesixpack

9 minutes ago, row_33 said:

Thanks for your support.... I'm at the lowest possible level now with this team, and I've been through season tickets for 2-12 and 2-14 years.

Closest I came to vomiting on the 5th interception, without any booze in me.

If i went to a bad home game I might consider driving right over the Peace Bridge and end it all.

It's bad man but I would never consider driving off the Peace Bridge. I'm afraid of heights.

I like having you around the boards. If you need to go that's cool. Nobody is obligated to be a football fan. 

I myself get very blue after some games that I know mean the end of another season.

Some people say they enjoy the wins but do not get upset about the losses. That makes no sense to me. It goes against human nature. You either care about something or you don't.

Anyway move on if you need to but maybe take a break and see. One year I saw the first game and just stopped watching the rest of the year except in the background because I knew from that game it was over already.

You didn't ask for advice but something that has helped me is that I have a policy. I do not believe a single word anyone says that has anything to do with making a living off NFL football. For me that means anyone paid by the team, or in the media who make their livings covering sports,  or who have an ambition to one day be paid in some way.

That pretty much leaves me with believing only my own eyes and the observations of some real life and message board friends or posters.

Unfortunately this year my own eyes told me something special was happening. Oh well! But at least I made my own mistake!

Anyway good luck to you row_33. And if you don't eat sugar or sweets or soda pop get some ice cream and eat it. It is an amazing mood enhancer if you only use it in emergencies.

21 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Where the fans know everything, and management knows nothing. To hell with logic. BRING ON THE PITCHFORKS AND TORCHES!

See #BADOL for yours. He'll be happy to help

I laugh at statements like this.  read TBD the last 17 years, I guaranty if management had listen to the fans our playoff drought wouldn't be 17 years.  it is sad, but with this particular franchise the knowledgeable diehard Bills fan certainly does know more than management. 

As for me I am not done, but I have loss interest.  There was a time when I never missed a home game, the thought of me missing a home game was inconceivable.  I had season tickets up to last year(had them for 19 years) & the last few years I would only get to 2-4 games per year.  Oh yeah I live 15 minutes from the stadium.  It is heartbreaking what Bills nation has gone thru for the past 2 decades & it is not right & it is not fair.  I don't think I have ever been this down on the franchise before.  I doubt I will watch Sunday's game, or maybe I will just have it on the radio in the background while I put up the Christmas light.  The Bills & being in the division with the Patriots where there is no end in sight to their dominance has made me feel indifferent about the NFL, I would never of thought that was possible even 5 years ago. 

55 minutes ago, row_33 said:

After cheering and betting on them and seasons tickets for various decades since 1973, I've had enough.

Football is losing me anyways, and I have trouble justifying what it is doing to the kids and men on the field.

This latest fiasco with the Bills has been a dagger for me.

You not the only one, been there and I am close to calling it. I won’t watch them this weekend

43 minutes ago, K-9 said:

If you didn't jump off a cliff during the late sixties or during the Stephenson/Bullough years, you know damn well you aren't quitting now. 

Maybe not quitting but not caring as much

53 minutes ago, row_33 said:

After cheering and betting on them and seasons tickets for various decades since 1973, I've had enough.

Football is losing me anyways, and I have trouble justifying what it is doing to the kids and men on the field.

This latest fiasco with the Bills has been a dagger for me.

My [unsolicited] advice ... don't quit entirely.  Maybe just make it a little less life or death.  No sport or team is worth caring that much over.  Maybe not getting seasons or betting on them is all you need.  If all you are investing is a few hours on Sundays and not significant amounts of money you can get to a happy [or at least not gloomy] place.  For me, watching the games is something my family does together at home.  Our routine is I record the game and have the commercials stripped out.  And we watch while eating dinner together Sundays.  Skipping halftime manually makes the whole game done in less than 90 minutes.  Then the kids go off and do the homework they have been putting off all weekend :)  

4pm games SUCK for this and I hate them.  Usually, like this past Sunday, we watch it live in these fairly rare cases.  But it was so long and sooooooo tedious Sunday that if there are any more at that time, we'll probably watch them during Monday dinner.

But in any event, don't take it so seriously and don't have a financial stake in it and I suspect you can find a way to enjoy the games.

I’m not ‘done’ but I am going ala carte for tix next year.

Pay a premium for the opener and then pick and choose a few others to attend.

Just don’t want to be on the hook for late season garbage games anymore, especially when they start selling for pennies on the dollar on the street.

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I’m not ‘done’ but I am going ala carte for tix next year.

Pay a premium for the opener and then pick and choose a few others to attend.

Just don’t want to be on the hook for late season garbage games anymore, especially when they start selling for pennies on the dollar on the street.

this really is the way to go.  i'm telling you...buy a ticket or two in the clubs.  fewer games, but it such a nice way to watch football.

This kind of post is ridiculous. People always post this stuff, and have over the life of the BBMB (RIP). If the Bills ripped off a win streak, you'd be right back on the bandwagon like you never jumped off in the first place.

See you on Sunday.

4 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

I said that when the Blackhawks were begging me to buy season tix 10 years ago.  My stupidity worked out really well!  Son of a...

...pup!

54 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Whaley had a a proven track record of failure. These guys haven't even had a calendar year.

One position carries the weight of logic.

The other carries a whole lot of caterwauling.

The UNMITIGATED GALL.

:lol:

Starting a fifth round rookie when the sixth seed is still in play smells like the same ineptitude to me.

Edited by JM2009

10 minutes ago, simool said:

I see your Bob Seger and raise you a Tom Petty

Gr8!  Now we have DCTom on the ledge of the Peace Bridge. 

Wow... New Board is awesome!  Plays while typing! 

7 minutes ago, JM2009 said:

Starting a fifth round rookie when the sixth seed is still in play smells like the same ineptitude to me.

The sixth seed is still in play!

What a perfect time! WestCoast game... Bills playing like crap there since 1960.

He knows what he has now.

5 minutes ago, joesixpack said:

Key words there.

Actually to most fans and local and national media, and anyone with any sense when the team is 5-4 and holds the sixth seed. even Players around the league commented on what a bad idea it was.

4 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Wow... New Board is awesome!  Plays while typing! 

The sixth seed is still in play!

What a perfect time! WestCoast game... Bills playing like crap there since 1960.

He knows what he has now.

When we are 5-7, the sixth seed will be long gone. I'd say a typical 7-9 finish because we get two inept teams like us at home. Miami and the Colts.

Edited by JM2009

17 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

I wouldn't do that.  Too easy to have second thoughts, sitting on a bridge ledge.  Then you sit around waiting to drum up the courage to do something.  And that's the hardest part.

18 minutes ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

That's what really irks me about starting Peterman last week.  "Hey, we're 5-4, in the playoff hunt, and we always suck on the West Coast.  It's the PERFECT time to give the rookie QB his first start!"  

I can't think of a dumber coaching decision I've ever seen.