Does anyone else feel numb to this?

TonyBeets

Does anyone else feel numb to yesterday?  I see a lot of posters angry and disappointed, but I am just numb.

Not saying that it's a good thing, it's just after so many years of this type of stuff I am just used to it.  I shouldn't be, but it's better than getting your hopes up.  Look at the lack of talent we have on both sides of the ball.  I just had low expectations for the season. Our best player on defense is a rookie and our best player on offense is a running back.  Generally that doesn't work out great.

Edited by TonyBeets

2 minutes ago, TonyBeets said:

Does anyone else feel numb to yesterday?  I see a lot of posters angry and disappointed, but I am just numb.

Not saying that it's a good thing, it's just after so many years of this type of stuff I am just used to it.  I shouldn't but it's better than getting your hopes up.  Look at the lack of talent we have on both sides of the ball.  I just had low expectations for the season. Our best player on defense is a rookie and our best player on offense is a running back.  Generally that doesn't work out great.

No, not numb. 

If it had just been another week of ineffective offense and porous D a la N'Orleans and worse ('cuz N'Orleans may be a very good team) Jets, I would be numb.

This was historically bad, and historically stupid.  Tore the scabs right off of my numb.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
writing

This is the worst crash I've seen and we've seen some epic season crashes

But we are now officially in full rebuild mode. There is very little to salvage from this existing team

I gave up after the half....  The reality is watching this team depresses me and ruins my day and I'm not going to be torturing myself the rest of this year with this crap. I've got much better things to be doing

• Like (+1) 1

This is the Raiders game from a couple of years ago but a lot earlier in the year.  The sad thing is this was a winnable game.  We have one good early drive on both sides of the field and every week they stop playing.  Last week it was a FG, this week it was McCoy's TD and then both sides stop playing.  McDerm and Co are not correcting mistakes fast enough.  Curious what Polian has to say about this mess after recommending both Coach and GM.  McDerm needs to fire coaching staff immediately before he loses this whole team and fan base.

Yeah I was thinking that, too.  I feel emotionally numb this year.  It's happening more and more every year.  It's rough for me because I live in Florida and I have to go to a bar to watch the games and there are other people around so they identify me (correctly) as a miserable loser who keeps coming back for more every week.  Is Toronto still an option?

Numb is a good description. I am 61 years old and used to hang on every play, drive, call and all things Bills-

The last couple of years- and now this year where i just started drinking the kool-aid again have left me really just not giving a hoot-

Numb is about it. Really tired of the team giving less of a hoot than I do. 

Now I am numb.  I was angry after the 5-3, saw what was happening at 5-4, officially numb at 5-5, because I know they will be 5-7, eventually.  This is 2011 all over again. That Brown posted this on Twitter...

In 2011 the #Bills:
Started 5-2
Lost to the Jets by 16
Lost to an NFC team by 37 (DAL)
Lost by 27
Total net pts: -80

In 2017 the #Bills:
Started 5-2
Lost to the Jets by 13
Lost to an NFC team by 37 (NO)
Lost by 30

Edited by Dablitzkrieg

McDermott took a huge risk starting Peterman, and it failed worse than I could've imagined. 

If I'm the coach, I hit the reset button, don't even watch the film, start Tyrod and move on. The one good thing to come of this disaster is that McDermott may have put a chip on tyrods shoulder 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Steptide said:

McDermott took a huge risk starting Peterman, and it failed worse than I could've imagined. 

If I'm the coach, I hit the reset button, don't even watch the film, start Tyrod and move on. The one good thing to come of this disaster is that McDermott may have put a chip on tyrods shoulder 

Commented before Johnson did on the broadcast...Taylor was pushing the ball down the field. He didn't hit them all but the ball was actually thrown downfield.  Did it take a benching for that message to finally be received?

To the OP...I no longer get upset by this team. I hate to see them lose, especially in such an embarrassing fashion (last 3 games), but when the game is over I'm over it.

• Like (+1) 1

i missed the game last week because i absolutely had to get some work done, and i missed this week because i took my daughter to disney live.  at first i was so annoyed that i missed 2 games in a row for this first time ever, and now i think it was a blessing.  i didn't even watch the recorded saints game, and i almost made it through a half of yesterday's game.  it's just too hard to watch this level of football again.  i think i'm completely checked out. 

7 minutes ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Going back to #5 and giving Shady more touches would be a good start.

He is already getting 95% of the touches and his production is still way down from last year.  I don't think getting  Shady 99% of the touches is the right answer; defenses will key in on him more than they already are.

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

Not saying that it's a good thing, it's just after so many years of this type of stuff I am just used to it.  I shouldn't be, but it's better than getting your hopes up.  Look at the lack of talent we have on both sides of the ball.  I just had low expectations for the season. Our best player on defense is a rookie and our best player on offense is a running back.  Generally that doesn't work out great.

Not numb because this is kind of what I expected from the start of the season…minus the blowouts to the Jets and Chargers.  This is and always has been a rebuild.  After the 5-2 start, too many people lost sight of the fact that we’re just not a very talented team and let their hopes get way too high. 

I'm just happy we got some of the unexpected early wins that we did, it was fun.  But at this point, I’d say we’d be lucky to win 2 more games the rest of the way.  Under the circumstances, I’ll be OK with that as long as when the season is over, we don’t have any questions on the roster.  I want to see almost everyone get some decent playing time so we know who is worth keeping for next year and who needs to go.

47 minutes ago, Billzgobowlin said:

This is the Raiders game from a couple of years ago but a lot earlier in the year.  The sad thing is this was a winnable game.  We have one good early drive on both sides of the field and every week they stop playing.  Last week it was a FG, this week it was McCoy's TD and then both sides stop playing.  McDerm and Co are not correcting mistakes fast enough.  Curious what Polian has to say about this mess after recommending both Coach and GM.  McDerm needs to fire coaching staff immediately before he loses this whole team and fan base.

Call for certain coach’s heads all you want, changing them likely won’t make a difference.  We don’t have the talent to run anyone’s system up to par.  Changing coaches/systems every year will only set things back.  System continuity is important.

1 hour ago, TonyBeets said:

Yes.

42 minutes ago, Air it out Fitzy said:

I became numb when they passed on qb in draft again    Watkins for the corpse of Ej Gaines and Dareus for a 6th surely didn't help. 

Taylor...Peterman....Webb = doomed 

you know that the bills got a 2nd for watkins as well?  i'm assuming you didn't know since you left it out.  

47 minutes ago, Maybe Someday said:

Not numb because this is kind of what I expected from the start of the season…minus the blowouts to the Jets and Chargers.  This is and always has been a rebuild.  After the 5-2 start, too many people lost sight of the fact that we’re just not a very talented team and let their hopes get way too high. 

I'm just happy we got some of the unexpected early wins that we did, it was fun.  But at this point, I’d say we’d be lucky to win 2 more games the rest of the way.  Under the circumstances, I’ll be OK with that as long as when the season is over, we don’t have any questions on the roster.  I want to see almost everyone get some decent playing time so we know who is worth keeping for next year and who needs to go.

Call for certain coach’s heads all you want, changing them likely won’t make a difference.  We don’t have the talent to run anyone’s system up to par.  Changing coaches/systems every year will only set things back.  System continuity is important.

Last year it helped the offense because someone knew it wasn't the right offense.  If only Rex did it on defense he would have still had a job and maybe a playoff victory.  I like the Peterman move because it showed he is trying to improve every part of the players.  The same needs to be done with the coaches till they figure out this downward spiral.  I might be wrong but putting the same players or coaches out there is insanity to expect different results.

Numb?  

Hard to say.   

• I didn't expect Nate to be a Savior so I'm not really upset
  • I'm certainly not giddy with pleasure that Nate had 5 INT's like a number of people posting
  • I have been ticked off that Tentative Taylor can't be a passing QB. 

Edited by ShadyBillsFan

2 hours ago, TonyBeets said:

Good question. 

I feel numb to it. Or maybe a better word for me is apathetic. I was at the game and while I watched it unfold it didn't bother all that much. I kind of laughed afterward and just accepted that is par for the course. So, I think the big thing now is do I even pay attention to the hope of squeezing into the playoffs. I know many will continue to post stuff about how we still have a chance and so forth, but I think "why engage myself in this?" 

Yeah it never really hurt because the D was stopping no one. Game was lost before it started.

I just cant seem to be numb to 3 ass whopping in a row..........each one worse than the last.

We get rid of anyone on this roster with marginal talent and then wonder why were getting spanked every week?

Shameful.......just shameful.

1 hour ago, TheElectricCompany said:

Numb? Not really. 

The AFC is garbage this year. We are tied with the Ravens for a wild card spot. 

We can still salvage this thing. Going back to #5 and giving Shady more touches would be a good start. 

I think its done man. Technically its not of course, but it for sure has that feel.

I will still watch every game and go for the Bills of course, but I would be surprised if they win 2 more games

I made a fair amount of cash last night, as soon as the Peterman news came down i picked up the Chargers D in fantasy and put money on the chargers to win by more than 14. 

We are in a blessed position as Bills fans we literally know the outcome of these games with how well we know the team. 

I want them to win, but i know that they won't. 

It's hard to feel numb when I fully expected it.  Wash, Rinse, Repeat.  I sincerely doubt this team will every be competitive again.  Some franchises will never win, and sadly this is one of them.  They have always sucked from the earliest days.  If you remove the Polian era, this team is probably the worst franchise in all of sports all time.  The only other team that could be worse are the Washington Generals.

Numb you ask?  I have been numb to this team since 2005.  3-0, 4-0, 5-1, 5-2 starts?  those just make the colossal seasonal failures that much worse to endure, I'd rather they just come out of the gate sucking balls so there's no chance of false hope.

As I was sitting in the stadium watching it all unfold, I was watching all the Bills fans around be screaming and swearing and I could see their blood pressure skyrocketing.  I was in full blown laughter. Sucks that I paid a couple Gs to attend the game, but I still had a blast.  Maybe it’s because just that....I’m numb.  

Shout out to Kelly the Dog and Heitz.  Was a pleasure to meet you guys. Class acts. 

I was before the season started, in fact as I mentioned before I was prepared to walk away from this team for good.

But after we drafted NP combined with watching him in preseason and the fast start I truly believed this franchise was heading in the right direction.

This latest collapse though is very painful, makes me truly feel empty as a Bills fan and sadly the worst is yet to come especially as we purge the roster and truly enter a full blown rebuild that this team won't be able to fool the fanbase with.

2 minutes ago, SaviorPeterman said:

I was before the season started, in fact as I mentioned before I was prepared to walk away from this team for good.

But after we drafted NP combined with watching him in preseason and the fast start I truly believed this franchise was heading in the right direction.

This latest collapse though is very painful, makes me truly feel empty as a Bills fan and sadly the worst is yet to come especially as we purge the roster and truly enter a full blown rebuild that this team won't be able to fool the fanbase with.

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’ve finally lost all hope and don’t think things will EVER change...do I like it? No.  But I have made peace with it...soon the NFL will be outlawed and the Bills will not have made any progress.

3 hours ago, Dablitzkrieg said:

Now I am numb.  I was angry after the 5-3, saw what was happening at 5-4, officially numb at 5-5, because I know they will be 5-7, eventually.  This is 2011 all over again. That Brown posted this on Twitter...

In 2011 the #Bills:
Started 5-2
Lost to the Jets by 16
Lost to an NFC team by 37 (DAL)
Lost by 27

In 2017 the #Bills:
Started 5-2
Lost to the Jets by 13
Lost to an NFC team by 37 (NO)
Lost by 30

This is insane :(

3 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Oh, don’t get me wrong, I’ve finally lost all hope and don’t think things will EVER change...do I like it? No.  But I have made peace with it...soon the NFL will be outlawed and the Bills will not have made any progress.

I truly believe this franchise is going to hit 20+ years with no playoffs especially if we blow next years draft and either reach for a QB that's not worth it and/or swing and miss on key players where we have gaping holes.

Either way it's hard to have any faith whatsoever in McD and Beane given the current state of this franchise and they probably get 3 full years at minimum, maybe more because the Pegulas are in over their heads.