Tyrod wins this game.

ChicagoRic

I called the QB decision this past week an unmitigated disaster.   I stand by that.  The Peterman experiment should be over. 

Tyrod would have come into this game with something to prove and likely would have pulled out the win.

Hoping now that his benching has given him the motivation to play with heat to the end of this season to end his tenure with the Bills.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, zow2 said:

When you give up 50+ points there is a 0% chance Tyrod would have flipped that into a W.  Would have been closer but not a W. That’s a fact. 

They don't score 50 if Tyrod starts. There would be 5 fewer turnovers. It's not certain that we win but it's a much more competitive game. San Diego plays everyone close. We found a way to get blown out. 

Edited by unclepete
  • Like (+1) 3

3 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

I called the QB decision this past week an unmitigated disaster.   I stand by that.  The Peterman experiment should be over. 

Tyrod would have come into this game with something to prove and likely would have pulled out the win.

Hoping now that his benching has given him the motivation to play with heat to the end of this season to end his tenure with the Bills.

On one hand, Tyrod probably doesnt throw 5 picks.

On the other hand, he goes 3-out as usual so it really is the same. 

5 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

No he really doesnt 

he doesnt outscore Chargers now does he 

3 minutes ago, zow2 said:

When you give up 50+ points there is a 0% chance Tyrod would have flipped that into a W.  Would have been closer but not a W. That’s a fact. 

Not that this matters a whole lot, but 14 of those 54 points were off of turnovers. The first 24 points came off of turnovers.

Things might have been a bit different without all the turnovers, who knows.

No way to know, but at least they have a chance with Tyrod.  I think a lot of veterans will see this as a game given away with an historically poor coach’s decision, where a win puts this team in pretty good playoff position.  That’s how you lose a locker room.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, mannc said:

No way to know, but at least they have a chance with Tyrod.  I think a lot of veterans will see this as a game given away with an historically poor coach’s decision, where a win puts this team in pretty good playoff position.  That’s how you lose a locker room.

absolutely.

3 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Tyrod needed to be benched to throw the ball down the field? What kinda crap is that?

Why couldnt he just be aggressive naturally?

He is flawed for sure.  But 3 ints for the year?  That does mean something. 

Just now, LABILLBACKER said:

We would've still lost, just not by as much....this team needs a complete overhaul.

Like another rookie QB? 

8 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Lol.  He likely would’ve pulled out the win?  No doubT that peterman was the worst qb on the planet today but our defense is a joke.  Our front 7 is close to useless. Need 2 new DTs and 2-3 new linebackers (Milano might be one, but he doesn’t play anymore so we won’t know til next year).  Alexander is one of my favorite players but he can’t play LB.  he should be a pass rusher and ST player.  He tried and I applaud him for that.  He’s just not good playing 4-3 SLB. I hate Preston Brown.  Always will.  Please leave via free agency.  Please.  

Poyers play has fallen off a cliff since his injury.  Leonard Johnson is a gamer but isn’t very good in coverage half the time.  White played a solid game.  Gaines had his moments but we just couldn’t come up with the stops on 3rd down.  

Rivers showed us what good QB play is.  Something our QBs don’t currently have.  Peterman or Tyrod today.  I doubt it would’ve changed the result.  Our offense isn’t good enough to save this defense when playing be a good qb.  Shady would’ve kept it close, but an L in the loss column nonetheless

With this defense doubt Taylor would have won the game anyway. Trading away Dareus mid season for a nothing pick will be a decision they regret.

With how the season has unfolded, I would go back to Peterson next week. I did not agree with benching Taylor while still in contention and I am sure the Vets on the team would agree. However, what is done is done and the season is lost as this was a must win game. 

However, with how this team has been playing the most important objective now is to see what you have in Peterman. Need to see if you can even count on him to be the backup next year or if you need to sign another veteran. What I wouldn't do is pick up Taylor's option and try to trade him. If you are going to stick with Dennison then you need to find QB who fits system they are trying to run.

Edited by billieve420

21 minutes ago, zow2 said:

Hard to say that when the defense played on a short field literally the entire first half.

3 minutes ago, Freddie's Dead said:

Um, no.  TT does not bring us back from the 50 burger the D gave up.  I also saw a completely different Tyrod in the 2nd half.  McD delivered a message and Tyrod received it.  Go downfield.  Stick it in tight windows.  Hopefully we'll see a better Tyrod.  

5 ints

25 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

shoulda woulda coulda!!!!

FTW!!!!!!

22 minutes ago, unclepete said:

They don't score 50 if Tyrod starts. There would be 5 fewer turnovers. It's not certain that we win but it's a much more competitive game. San Diego plays everyone close. We found a way to get blown out. 

Three and outs are no better than an INT except for field position. They still hang 50 on us. 

Tyrod def wins this game. We ran the ball well, the qb option runs picked up chunk yardage and he was good throwing the ball today. Or maybe thats cuz the rookie you all ballwashed was so bad at it? 

Nah man. CoT is in session. Were looking at a duplex real estate in denver and jax now.

28 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

Pretty HOT take for a D that could stop nothing.

28 minutes ago, ChicagoRic said:

You are no more correct than the 85+% of posters here who thought Peterman was the next coming of Christ himself. Can we stop with bs conjecture?

A winning team is built from the inside out.