Nathan Peterman to Start this Week.

26CornerBlitz

Yay! Now the defense won't get gashed again!

oh, wait....

Panic move, pure and simple. Here is the evidence that Denison won't change his scheme to fit his players.

a fifth round rookie QB when we're in the middle of a playoff push??

i mean, I hope he's the 2nd coming of Tom Brady, but I'm not that confident.

I expect McD to announce he's going to start Matt Vilano now, too, and that will fix defense! 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is getting absolutely crushed by the national media. Similar to when Rex canned the OC last year after his defense got lit up. Most saying that it’s not TT’s fault. I actually agree a little but I think it’s everyone that needs fixed. 

You simply can't give a team 56 yards in a game and expect to keep your job. 

Just now, Ray Finkel said:

Tyron does not fit in the West Coast offense.  He consistently leaves the pocket and misses open receivers.  Peterman dropped back 10 times and never left the pocket once.  He is a better fit.

This is true - so... we should have stopped trying to run a west coast offense weeks ago.  Or not brought him back.  

Everyone saying, “we are done” is the point that I disagree with. We are actually IN the playoffs as of today. 9 wins will probably get them in. Maybe they aren’t going beyond a WC game but I still would have pushed for the playoffs. The Bills were leading the league in scoring through 16 weeks last year with the same QB, OL, RB and TE (thanks Buffalo Rumblings). I have a hard time believing that they are now just awful. 

28 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Tyrod Taylor era over. Looking forward to watching the rookie and then the new drafted QB in the draft

I'll toast to that my friend.   And wouldn't it be awesome if Peterman turns out to be the quarterback we all hoped he'd be?  Then come draft time we would be sitting SO pretty, with SO many more options to do other things, if we so desired. 

1 minute ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Everyone saying, “we are done” is the point that I disagree with. We are actually IN the playoffs as of today. 9 wins will probably get them in. Maybe they aren’t going beyond a WC game but I still would have pushed for the playoffs. The Bills were leading the league in scoring through 16 weeks last year with the same QB, OL, RB and TE (thanks Buffalo Rumblings). I have a hard time believing that they are now just awful. 

Fair points.

But are you even somewhat optimistic after what we witnessed the past 2 games?

Just a horrible move all around. I'm laughing at the Bills now. Amazing. 

All they had had to do was !@#$ing roll Tyrod out. Run the read option. But no. We have Denison back there, trying to play like it's 1999.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

This is getting absolutely crushed by the national media. Similar to when Rex canned the OC last year after his defense got lit up. Most saying that it’s not TT’s fault. I actually agree a little but I think it’s everyone that needs fixed. 

It's getting crushed because TT has been the starter and it's a bold move by an annually-mediocre-at-best team that they think is trying to make headlines.

It's like the co-worker you don't respect and you want to criticize everything they do, regardless of whether or not it's a good idea.

I've liked Tyrod, but it's time to see what Peterman's got.

• Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, Gordio said:

Why do I get the feeling a year from now Peterman will be the one we will be trying to run out of town.  The endless cycle of a Bills fan. 

If he steps in and shows NOTHING, then yes, he'll be "run out of town" (or at least will have a Rook and maybe a vet to push him).  If he shows that he can handle the bright lights and big stage, then who knows what happens next year...

For me, as much as I like Tyrod, he's not getting it done and isn't going to be the guy next year, so let's take a shot and see what we have!

As someone on Twitter put it:  I'd rather miss the playoffs and give Peterman a shot, then miss them with Tyrod anyway.

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

most of these guys look strictly at stats, and freaking TOs. Caught the last of Mike and Mike, their only point was he does not turn the ball over. Nothing about his inability to throw downfield, his refusal to throw to recievers that are not facing him, etc. So no worries. 

They also miss the fact the only reason we win Atlanta and the Broncos are insanely lucky calls, and if we were 3-6 now, this would not be panned.

• Like (+1) 1

Guest K-GunJimKelly12
30 minutes ago, McBean said:

I got chill bumps.

Thank you Coach McDermott.

Everybody can say what they want about McBean but holy cow they have brass balls and I love it.

I agree 100%!  This shows me that this isn't just another clueless regime and they see the problems with the offense that the fans see.  I now have hope again for this season.  Let's see what the kid's got.

34 minutes ago, ScottLaw said:

Pretty much tells you they realize the team is heading down the tubes this season and might as well evaluate Peterman.

or it could rejuvenate it?

I gained more hope with the decision, I was beyond tired of seeing taylor under center. whether it backfires or turns the offense around remains to be seen.

4 minutes ago, Domdab99 said:

Yay! Now the defense won't get gashed again!

oh, wait....

Panic move, pure and simple. Here is the evidence that Denison won't change his scheme to fit his players.

a fifth round rookie QB when we're in the middle of a playoff push??

i mean, I hope he's the 2nd coming of Tom Brady, but I'm not that confident.

I expect McD to announce he's going to start Matt Vilano now, too, and that will fix defense! 

Defenses get gashed in the NFL.  You have to score touchdowns.   You cant average 6.6 yards an attempt and rely on your defense to try and win in the league.  The only way to be sustainable is to have a quarterback, I am glad our Coach knows that.   Peterman may not be that guy, but the second it was obvious Tyrod wasnt he should have come out.

16 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

Nope. They’ve decided they want to win and Peterman runs the offense better. And we give ourselves a few games to figure out the plan for next year.

I disagree. The coaches have saiud all year TT is the QB who would take us to playoffs, therefore, putting Nate Peterman in means the tank is on fully! Love the move. Again, im not ripping the move i think it's smart at this point to start prepping for the future. Beane would agree.

2 minutes ago, Shotgunner said:

Yup, probably in the first half, first quarter even......

He may even break 100.

Honestly though I have new optimism. It may blow up in our faces, but we are Bills fans and the unknown is generally all the excitement we get.

Hey I'm with you man. I don't think there's a Bills fan who actually studies football who actually thinks Dennison's offense is best suited for our players, but what we DO know is that Nate fits this system better than TT so for that reason alone, I'm excited to see the chains moving on offense once again.

Also to people who think Nate might fail. So what? It's the MOVE itself we should be excited about, not the QB. We finally have a coach who isn't stubborn and isn't afraid to put himself in front of the media for making tough decisions. A person with less heart and more stubborn would of stuck with TT after throwing 56 yards. It's simply unacceptable and I respect McDermott for making the move.

It sends a signal to the team saying, hey guys, this is your "job" and NOBODY is given anything. You gotta earn it.

Just now, BillsMedia said:

Makes a ton of sense because they can see this is far from a playoff team with the current roster. Pretty simple, the tank is on. 

Not at all. If you want to say it is a panic move, fair enough. But there is no way they are tanking now. If they are tanking, why would they trade a 3rd and 7th for Benjamin?

2 minutes ago, billsfan11 said:

Fair points.

But are you even somewhat optimistic after what we witnessed the past 2 games?

The last 2 games were were just atrocious and I realize that changing the QB is the most impactful spark but that was far from the biggest problem (especially in the Jets game). Maybe that’s the point that it doesn’t matter who is out there because we can’t stop anybody so let’s get a look at Peterman. From my perspective they should have waited until they were out. A win this week and they would have been very much alive (and still are).