Official fire Rick Dennison thread

Tyrod? Did you see the run blocking/pass blocking/piss poor play calls/ lack of separation and fumbles from their tight ends and backs?

I don't think Joe Montana would have 28 legit points against the Jets tonight

It’s odd, but some people seem to be unaware of the obvious! Go figure....I guess if your agenda runs that deep you see what you want.

That's the point he's not the type of QB to win a game when chips are down. Not a huge slam on Tyrod - it's just not what he is. He cannot overcome - it will just go on most of the game - like it did. There's no play calling your way out of what a QB can't do.

What QBs could have played on the Bills tonight and won?

That's the point he's not the type of QB to win a game when chips are down. Not a huge slam on Tyrod - it's just not what he is. He cannot overcome - it will just go on most of the game - like it did. There's no play calling your way out of what a QB can't do.

Ill fully admit when TT has a subpar game. This game was lost in the trenches and with players fight/will to win.

We were flat as a team. Coaching is 100% to blame for that.

It’s odd, but some people seem to be unaware of the obvious! Go figure....I guess if your agenda runs that deep you see what you want.

That's exactly it. It is just beyond me how people blame him for this loss.

Their o line got absolutely thrashed tonight

I don't know man.

I don't see any QB in the league that could have won this game tonight for the Bills.

Their o line simply just got abused.

Look at Tom Brady in the 08 superbowl even with all those weapons he had. When there is pass rush in your face almost every play, there is not much you can do

I’m not a Tyrod defender. He’s middle of the pack at best. But that made me laugh! Name the best QB ever, please. How would that guy have done against the instant pressure? Only Brady might have survived that weak OL performance, and just barely as we have no smurfs too get open in 1.5 seconds.

The entire coaching staff should be replaced after every loss. ;)

You r right. Cutting edge play calling tonight. Doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result is not the definition of stupid. No adjustment and no creativity, they just kept coming and the coaches froze and folded.

What made me mad is that Dennison kept calling play action even with the running game being a non threat. The constant play action call with poor protection was just a recipe for lots of sacks. I thought Tyrod played awesome despite being put in bad situations. The passes he was making at the end of the game were available all game long but Rick kept trying to pound the rock with 9 guys in the box and use play action even when the running game wasn't a threat

I’m not a Tyrod defender. He’s middle of the pack at best. But that made me laugh! Name the best QB ever, please. How would that guy have done against the instant pressure? Only Brady might have survived that weak OL performance, and just barely as we have no smurfs too get open in 1.5 seconds.

Vlad and Mills killed it for Jets. That side is awful and gotta address it in off season if not I am going to lose my mind if one of them is starting. And still Dennison play calling and designs since preseason don't like it..

What made me mad is that Dennison kept calling play action even with the running game being a non threat. The constant play action call with poor protection was just a recipe for lots of sacks. I thought Tyrod played awesome despite being put in bad situations. The passes he was making at the end of the game were available all game long but Rick kept trying to pound the rock with 9 guys in the box and use play action even when the running game wasn't a threat

Ya saw this as well

A QB that can audible out of a bad play would help. A QB that can recognize blitzes and use the screen game to his advantage would help also.

With that said OL is horrid and it would be tough but it's doable. Romo called Taylor out all game for not going to the outside 1 on 1 receiver, that's a huge problem if he cannot take a shot. Instead he takes a 3 yd pass.

I would love for them to let Tyrod audible out of runs. They dont let him and I dont know why. The constant runs up ths middle are maddening, like Nate Hackett took over. Pass blocking was awful too. When Tyrod had time he was mostly decisive and accurate. He had 2 would be 3rd down conversions where his receivers instead fumbled the ball.

Romo didnt call him out all game, what are you talking about? He said one time with about 5 minutes left that Tyrod should throw to the outside receivers, a couple plays later he hit Deonte Thompson for a deep TD on the outside. It didnt even matter at that point.

A QB that can audible out of a bad play would help. A QB that can recognize blitzes and use the screen game to his advantage would help also.

With that said OL is horrid and it would be tough but it's doable. Romo called Taylor out all game for not going to the outside 1 on 1 receiver, that's a huge problem if he cannot take a shot. Instead he takes a 3 yd pass.

You are right, a coach that could see what was happening and call a swing/screen pass would have helped. Anything but run your fb up the gut into a stacked box or stand in a nonexistent pocket would have been great.

Ill just leave this here and walk away:

http://www.orangemane.com/BB/showthread.php?t=124609

My favorite post:

[A year and six games of underachieving offense, poor o-line play, and failure to recognize that their "run-first" model is inappropriate for this personnel. It's time for him to get the boot.

The playcalling today was unforgivably putrid. Where are the screens, slants, quick passes, rhythm passes, pitches, getting the TEs involved? I kept wondering that and they finally did some of that and it worked, only for the drive to get killed by penalty and a missed FG. I literally could have called a better offense by randomly selecting Madden plays.]

[The offense had zero, absolutely no creativity whatsoever until the game was just about out of reach. We were litteraly calling the same plays over and over again it seemed. How many times in the first half did we run right for nothing or negative yardage? Why are we not doing more play action, bootlegs, screens, pitch plays or SOMETHING to actually make opposing defenses have to think?

And why not do some quick slant passes or screens or something to get TS in sync with his receivers? Nothing about the play calling tonight made sense.]

^^^^These are not Bills posts. These are Broncos posts.

Edited by bobobonators

Ya lol. It was like Hackett coaching O and Rex Ryan coaching D type game..

Freaking bad combo lol

Disagree. Hacketts offense was very dull. It was run run pass punt... That's not how this offense went. We had the ability to pass the ball today but poor play calling, no run game, and fumbles when we were moving the ball was our issues. If anything it was more of a Chan Gailey offense. Could move the ball through the air but poor protection, questionable play calling and turnovers

This is why a lot of Bills fans think Tyrod is incapable of winning a playoff game, assuming he is capable of getting us to the playoffs in the first place.

You only play good, motivated teams in the playoffs and most of those teams have a stud QB.

Especially if we are on the road, which is likely, as we'd probably be a wild card team. So you are playing a good team with a good QB on the road in the playoffs. Guess what!? The chips are going to be down at some point! You need the guy who can overcome that.

Had enough of this bs... Run plays when down bad using time and using Tolbert when down...

Wish we had Roman, if he didn't use that double relay system he would have been great, very innovative in the run game.

Fire his boss first.

the one guy who has actually changed the culture here, yeah let fire him, brilliant!

I just want to know if the coaches are harping on Tyrod to release quickly and if there are quick reads for him to make. When the opposition is blowing up your line, you need to adjust. I saw Tyrod not understand the importance of getting it out quickly, and I can't say for sure that isn't also on coaching. It seems to me we need all day to pass, and I don't see other teams utilize that game plan.

Had enough of this bs... Run plays when down bad using time and using Tolbert when down...

No play action, no rpos, no further shady taylor options after that 15 yard gain. Play call was abysmal. Not enough to fire him yet, but certainly enough for concern.

You should have watched the Bills game last night. There is not a reasonable, knowledgeable, football fan alive that watched that game and came out thinking, if we only had a QB tonight. The coaching and line play were as bad as I can remember (and they turned it over 3 times).

we came out flat on both sides of the ball. My only critique is that our passing plays take too long to unfold leaving TT vulnerable behind the LOS.

I need to saty off this board after a loss.

Tyrod cannot function in a 3 step timing offense, did none of yall watch the first 5 games?

You should have watched the Bills game last night. There is not a reasonable, knowledgeable, football fan alive that watched that game and came out thinking, if we only had a QB tonight. The coaching and line play were as bad as I can remember (and they turned it over 3 times).

I follow all the Football Outsiders guys on Twitter and theyre in complete agreement.

@QBKlass: Tyrod Taylor is regularly adjusting in or making throws from collapsing pockets tonight.

@QBKlass: Oddly enough given this score, at no point tonight did I think quarterback was the problem for Buffalo.

@QBKlass: Tyrod Taylor made plenty of plays that didn't end up mattering because of other factors he could not control.

@FO_ASchatz: Like, you know, complete pocket collapse constantly.

@QBKlass: What's funny about that is it is normally fair to criticize Taylor for holding the ball. Wasn't really the case tonight. OL just died.

@BlizzFootball: OL folding in front of him, no running game, receivers can't get open, receivers cant catch, fumbles...just terrible football all around him

@QBKlass: A total collapse around him. Amazing to me that McCoy isn't more of a focal point.

@BlizzFootball: It's crazy...especially with how bad their TE's and WR's are. And they take him out for Tolbert a bit too

I know it's a shocking concept for some, but sometimes you lose because the other team team plays better. Not every loss is a catastrophic failure on our end especially with how much talent we have.

That explains the 1st half but not the 2nd. We werent establishing a run game at all. Every run was a waste of a down. Our offense moved best when we were passing the ball consistently, in between the instant pressure and fumbles anyways. We made no adjustments in this game until we were down 4 scores. Thats on Dennison or McDermott.

They had 5 guys sometimes more up on the LOS, that right there means we are going to stop the run and make your QB beat us.

Taylor needed to call out the defense and audible to a play that would be advantageous to the offense.

The O-Line did have a bad day but that was compounded by Taylor. You watch the top 15 QB's in the NFL and the defense shows that many players at the LOS and the QB 10 out of 10 times calls it out and changes the play.

The Jets had us singled up on the outside, guys were open but they were tight windows but they were open. Taylor doesn't trust his throwing ability to make those kind of throws.

The Jets look like they have found Troy Polamlu and Ed Reed in one draft, CB's were playing man but those safties were all over the place last night. The Jets played everyone up at the LOS and their safties controlled the game. They triple dared Taylor to beat them and the gamble worked.

I follow all the Football Outsiders guys on Twitter and theyre in complete agreement.

@QBKlass: Tyrod Taylor is regularly adjusting in or making throws from collapsing pockets tonight.

@QBKlass: Oddly enough given this score, at no point tonight did I think quarterback was the problem for Buffalo.

@QBKlass: Tyrod Taylor made plenty of plays that didn't end up mattering because of other factors he could not control.

@FO_ASchatz: Like, you know, complete pocket collapse constantly.

@QBKlass: What's funny about that is it is normally fair to criticize Taylor for holding the ball. Wasn't really the case tonight. OL just died.

@BlizzFootball: OL folding in front of him, no running game, receivers can't get open, receivers cant catch, fumbles...just terrible football all around him

@QBKlass: A total collapse around him. Amazing to me that McCoy isn't more of a focal point.

@BlizzFootball: It's crazy...especially with how bad their TE's and WR's are. And they take him out for Tolbert a bit too

That explains the 1st half but not the 2nd. We werent establishing a run game at all. Every run was a waste of a down. Our offense moved best when we were passing the ball consistently, in between the instant pressure and fumbles anyways. We made no adjustments in this game until we were down 4 scores. Thats on Dennison or McDermott.

The results of the game fall squarely on the offensive line. They flat out sucked. All of them.

And this staff, for some reason, is in love with Tolbert. That position needs to be upgraded badly. He isn't even average. Dude sucks. Revenge of Mike G.

I can't help but think Dareus would have helped stop the Jets rushing attack. The Jets were opening tractor trailer sized running lanes between the tackles on Buffalo.

Hope somebody pissed in Beane's Cheerios this morning.

They had 5 guys sometimes more up on the LOS, that right there means we are going to stop the run and make your QB beat us.

Taylor needed to call out the defense and audible to a play that would be advantageous to the offense.

The O-Line did have a bad day but that was compounded by Taylor. You watch the top 15 QB's in the NFL and the defense shows that many players at the LOS and the QB 10 out of 10 times calls it out and changes the play.

The Jets had us singled up on the outside, guys were open but they were tight windows but they were open. Taylor doesn't trust his throwing ability to make those kind of throws.

The Jets look like they have found Troy Polamlu and Ed Reed in one draft, CB's were playing man but those safties were all over the place last night. The Jets played everyone up at the LOS and their safties controlled the game. They triple dared Taylor to beat them and the gamble worked.

That would be fine and good if the aforementioned OC allowed the players to make checks at the LOS. https://www./billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/22/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-rick-dennison-audibles-nfl/amp/ Otherwise back to your regularly scheduled crusade... Edited by Kirby Jackson

They had one safety back & he should have at least tried to get someone deep . I saw a crossing pattern that Tyrod was under so much heat he apparently didn't see him on the crossing pattern WIDE OPEN !!

That is one of Tyrods down falls is i don't think he sees the field quick enough . He had guys open at times & the really good QB's see that stuff or find a way to get more time to see it he just wasn't last night !

Dennison definitely needs to take more shots down field though weather the guys on the WR corp are good enough or not they need to make the other team at least think they are going to go long to loosen things up up front .

No team can run good if there are 8 to 10 in the box every play even Shady ain't that good !!!

That would be fine and good if the aforementioned OC allowed the players to make checks at the LOS. https://www./billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/22/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-rick-dennison-audibles-nfl/amp/ Otherwise back to your regularly scheduled crusade...

Taylor has gone through 3 OC's and I don't remember any of them letting him audible out of plays. I think it has more to do with Taylor not being able to read what the defense is doing and conveying the audible to the offense.