Official fire Rick Dennison thread

Three of the 7 at least where on three step concepts that the Ball never comes out at the top of the drop because he doesn't trust what he sees. Romo even pointed it out over and over again. But again, yep TT shares no blame and cool I could give two craps about a completion % on a QB that refuses to make NFL throws, and a rating pumped by garbage time.

Please provide the gifs of those 3 sacks when you get the chance. I specifically used QBR because it is impacted both positively and negatively by game situations. When you are getting blown out you need to overcome that bias.

No but he was calling the jumbo under center sets when the Jets were stacking the box instead of even attempting to spread it out at all.

They finally went to a shotgun 3 WR set and were moving the ball until the O'Leary fumble, but it took him the entire 3rd quarter to pull his head out of his ass and even try to spread it at all.

How about rolling the pocket? Nah 21 dive right, 22 dive left. Vomit.

Three of the 7 at least where on three step concepts that the Ball never comes out at the top of the drop because he doesn't trust what he sees. Romo even pointed it out over and over again. But again, yep TT shares no blame and cool I could give two craps about a completion % on a QB that refuses to make NFL throws, and a rating pumped by garbage time.

More utter nonsense that can only be motivated by crusading hatred. What was Tryod's QB rating at halftime?

His rating was at 109.8 before garbage time. He went down by a point after that.

Which sacks are we pinning on him? There was one that he appeared to pump but the ball got slapped on the replay. Thats why it was pulled down. I dont see another sack that I remember that falls on him. You are blaming the guy that completed 72% of his passes and ended up with a QB rating at like 108 or something. Even his QBR was above average in a game that they were blown out in. Thats a stat that weighs game situations and he still finished above average despite a blowout.

Or its a function of a coach who doesnt let them do it. Please find attached Dennisons mentor & his QB that couldnt call an audible: https://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/kubiak-schaub-couldnt-audible-out-of-very-very-poor-play/amp/

Not buying it sorry. We've heard the same thing about the last dozen OC's in Buffalo and the one constant has been sub-par QB's.

Well, they have said that. Ive posted an article where his mentor did the same. Please show me the evidence that you have on the other side.

Your link didn't work. But there's an article I've found about Kubiak not letting Schaub audible.

So, I'm afraid I don't follow. My argument is: If Tyrod can't audible, he's not good.

Your response is: That might not necessarily be true because Kubiak didn't let Matt Schaub audible either.

Even if there was some connective tissue between these two scenarios, I don't see how it doesn't make my point for me.

Get off Rico's case. Every play call on his sheet involved the o-line blocking. They didn't make a block all night. Want to know why the offense sucked? The answer starts and ends there.

yes buuuuuut

when your OC takes out McCoy then proceeds to run tolbert twice into an 8 man box then run a swing pass to tolbert for YET ANOTHER scintillating run run pass 3-and-out, well, it may just be an OC problem

Your link didn't work. But there's an article I've found about Kubiak not letting Schaub audible.

So, I'm afraid I don't follow. My argument is: If Tyrod can't audible, he's not good.

Your response is: That might not necessarily be true because Kubiak didn't let Matt Schaub audible either.

Even if there was some connective tissue between these two scenarios, I don't see how it doesn't make my point for me.

The argument is that they have a guy calling plays for the first time and trusts himself more than anyone else. At the same time, his mentor didnt let a 10 year vet , that survived because of his mind, call an audible. That tells me that Dennison likely operates in a similar manner. Thats a bit of an assumption but its pretty easy to come to that. There isnt any such evidence disputing it.

yes buuuuuut

when your OC takes out McCoy then proceeds to run tolbert twice into an 8 man box then run a swing pass to tolbert for YET ANOTHER scintillating run run pass 3-and-out, well, it may just be an OC problem

The 4 Tolbert runs are inexcusable - no defending those... but I do think that is only partly on Rico. McDermott and Beane clearly want Tolbert here and in a signifcant role. They cut JWill to ensure that happened. I think he is being forced on Dennison to an extent. Edited by GunnerBill

And how is that turning out? Also did he change at all with his second OC or was he the same ceilinged QB?

His team is playing well now. If they had any kicking game they would be good. We dont know if he changed. Someone liked what they saw in the job Lynn did with him. He had a bunch of interviews. They were a top 10 scoring offense with each of the last 2 OCs. Im not sure the point that you are trying to make? He isnt exactly costing guys their job. Roman was canned so that Rex could buy time. Lynn ended up a HC. Edited by Kirby Jackson