Official fire Rick Dennison thread

His team is play well now. If they had any kicking game they would be good. We dont know if he changed. Someone liked what they saw in the job Lynn did with him. He had a bunch of interviews. They were a top 10 scoring offense with each of the last 2 OCs. Im not sure the point that you are trying to make? He isnt exactly costing guys their job. Roman was canned so that Rex could buy time. Lynn ended up a HC.

My point there is a group here that thinks a certain QB has more growth in him and yet another OC maybe can get that growth. They cant. That certain QB is at his ceiling. He is what he is. No OV is going to change that.

Any OC that takes on this team if Dennison is fired with this QB is gling to have to design a very simple specific offense for this 7plus year vet to operate in.

Maybe the 4th OC can get TT to break thru his ceiling. I wont hold my breath he is what he is.

Why blame the QB that had 3 OCs, of course it's the OC, bring in #4.

I think Cutler had 5 before they realized it was the QB not the OCs.

My point there is a group here that thinks a certain QB has more growth in him and yet another OC maybe can get that growth. They cant. That certain QB is at his ceiling. He is what he is. No OV is going to change that.

Any OC that takes on this team if Dennison is fired with this QB is gling to have to design a very simple specific offense for this 7plus year vet to operate in.

And will be fired year 1 like all the other OCs Tyrod has had Edited by xRUSHx

I think that the issues with the OC yesterday were from the gameplan. The Bills were beaten from the first snap and were manhandled up front. The adjustments were nonexistent. This wasnt a case of QB is killing OC, it was OC is killing the team.

Why blame the QB that had 3 OCs, of course it's the OC, bring in #4.

I think Cutler had 5 before they realized it was the QB not the OCs.

And will be fired year 1 like all the other OCs Tyrod has had

Fact check time!! His first OC was fired. His 2nd OC became a HC.

I think that the issues with the OC yesterday were from the gameplan. The Bills were beaten from the first snap and were manhandled up front. The adjustments were nonexistent. This wasnt a case of QB is killing OC, it was OC is killing the team.

Fact check time!! His first OC was fired. His 2nd OC became a HC.

sure ok we will see. You can only scheme away and protect a flawed QB for so long. Eventually it breaks ask any OC that has tried with majorly flawed QBs

You keep saying that but his most recent OC is a HC. It worked out pretty well for him.

Go look thru history and find me one OC that has been able to design an sustainable offense to keep a severly flawed QB hidden.

The only reason TT has lasted longer than other flawed QB is because he is ultra conservative. So Ultra Conservative coaches think they can win with him long term.

Edited by MAJBobby

Go look thru history and find me one OC that has been able to design an sustainable offense to keep a severly flawed QB hidden.

The only reason TT has lasted longer than other flawed QB is because he is ultra conservative. So Ultra Conservative coaches think they can win with him long term.

I dont necessarily disagree with the 2nd paragraph. There is a reason that he has played for 2 defensive minded coaches that both think very highly of him.

All that Im saying on the 1st part is he hasnt been a problem for OCs. Roman was only fired so that Rex could buy time. Lynn was able to point to the offense last year as a feather in his cap to get a HC job. Its not like saddling a guy with EJ and making them start him.

I dont necessarily disagree with the 2nd paragraph. There is a reason that he has played for 2 defensive minded coaches that both think very highly of him.

All that Im saying on the 1st part is he hasnt been a problem for OCs. Roman was only fired so that Rex could buy time. Lynn was able to point to the offense last year as a feather in his cap to get a HC job. Its not like saddling a guy with EJ and making them start him.

I get what you are saying. My point though is and always has been a severly flawed QB no matter who it is. In this case TT puts more stress on WRs, OL, Defenses. And hence they get alot of blame and the same excuses.

No one wants to admit their QB isnt good enough. So that is why when you go to any board thag has a flawed QB that the Ic is trying to hide you will see the same excuses made here for TT.

Rewind to Gailey years these same excuses were made for Fitz to. Eventually this team needs to realize that TT isnt good enough and move on. Hopefully next year

And recycling OCs isnt going to change the fact that TT is at his ceiling.

And if that opinion (valid one at that) i have of TT makes me a hater or crusader or whatever cool little name people come up for it so be it.

Edited by MAJBobby

I get what you are saying. My point though is and always has been a severly flawed QB no matter who it is. In this case TT puts more stress on WRs, OL, Defenses. And hence they get alot of blame and the same excuses.

No one wants to admit their QB isnt good enough. So that is why when you go to any board thag has a flawed QB that the Ic is trying to hide you will see the same excuses made here for TT.

Rewind to Gailey years these same excuses were made for Fitz to. Eventually this team needs to realize that TT isnt good enough and move on. Hopefully next year

And recycling OCs isnt going to change the fact that TT is at his ceiling.

And if that opinion (valid one at that) i have of TT makes me a hater or crusader or whatever cool little name people come up for it so be it.

You know what you are talking about. I dont know if hes good enough but I dont know if he isnt. I know that hes the best QB that weve had in the drought. I dont ever see him as a top 5 QB but it would be really easy to do worse. We just dont agree on the player. This place is full of disagreement though.

....hilarious.....the "Bi-Polar Gang" surfaces with "fire everybody" thread with ONE stinker after saturating their penny loafers last weekend with "W Drool" for everybody including OL, DL, individual players, coaches, Rockpile Beerman, Sanitary Engineers, etc.....oh joy............

The Jets basically played the same defense all night til late in the game. Tyrod is not allowed to adjust and change the play call. The OC saw the same defense and made no adjustment, he called plays all night that played right into the Jets. Where was the pitch, option, moving pocket, designed qb runs, screen and swing passes etc? Anything that would alleviate pressure or loosen up a stacked box? Nonexistent. Faced with the same stacked box and pressure he just kept calling the same plays that didn t work. Maddening stubbornness, lack of creativity, and stupidity. That's what I saw.

Edited by Turk71

The Jets basically played the same defense all night til late in the game. Tyrod is not allowed to adjust and change the play call. The OC saw the same defense and made no adjustment, he called plays all night that played right into the Jets. Where was the pitch, option, moving pocket, designed qb runs, screen and swing passes etc? Anything that would alleviate pressure or loosen up a stacked box? Nonexistent. Faced with the same stacked box and pressure he just kept calling the same plays that didn t work. Maddening stubbornness, lack of creativity, and stupidity. That's what I saw.

THIS right here is why they lost the game......accompany that with the defence not showing up it was done!

Maddening stubbornness, lack of creativity, and stupidity. That's what I saw. AND EVERY DC THAT PLAYS US SEES IT TOO! PREFREAKINGDICTABLE- I've seen some maddening Bills games but for some reason I can't shake last night's game. It really has left me angry.

The OL carries a lot of it too. That was the most dominated that I remember a Bills OL.

Eh, I hear you but - I remember Jimbo getting clobbered on Monday night in Arrowhead, this stuff happens and it can snowball fast during a game. Last week they dominated the Oakland front seven. Lets see how they respond.

Eh, I hear you but - I remember Jimbo getting clobbered on Monday night in Arrowhead, this stuff happens and it can snowball fast during a game. Last week they dominated the Oakland front seven. Lets see how they respond.

I dont disagree and I was speaking in terms of the drought. There have been a ton of games where we just got crushed physically (at least off the top of my head). There were games where we made lots of mistakes (like in London) but not many where we were manhandled.

They will respond very well, I have little doubt. McDermott is the real deal which is why it is "different this year."

Everybody exonerating Rico because the line was horrible - that does not make sense to me. When the line is getting beat you spread them out. When the pocket is being immediately collapsed via Vlad the Imploder you get the QB out from under center. And when the have 8 and even 9 in the box you don't keep slamming it up the gut with Shady and Tolbert. Needed to pass them out of that defense and he didn't trust TT to do it when he should have. Especially egregious because TT was on fire in the 1st half. Spread them out and make them get smaller to cover. Not saying "fire him" (what do any of us fans know), but it is clear Rico had an off night.

• Like (+1) 1

They will respond very well, I have little doubt. McDermott is the real deal which is why it is "different this year."

Everybody exonerating Rico because the line was horrible - that does not make sense to me. When the line is getting beat you spread them out. When the pocket is being immediately collapsed via Vlad the Imploder you get the QB out from under center. And when the have 8 and even 9 in the box you don't keep slamming it up the gut with Shady and Tolbert. Needed to pass them out of that defense and he didn't trust TT to do it when he should have. Especially egregious because TT was on fire in the 1st half. Spread them out and make them get smaller to cover. Not saying "fire him" (what do any of us fans know), but it is clear Rico had an off night.

It was more than Vlad. The whole line sucked.

And Rico tried to get the Jets out of their base and he stayed with the pass. Even first half we called pass on 63% of snaps. 19 passes, 11 runs was the play calling. The Jets were not moving out of their base when we had 11 personnel out there because they weren't having to. They had no fear of Tyrod burning their DBs deep because they knew they were getting to him so fast with pressure. The Jets gameplan was we to rush with 5 almost all the time to collapse the pocket stop Tyrod moving out and keep him in there. All this magical time they had to move the pocket and set up screens and whatever else people wanted them to do is fiction. Pressure was in Tyrod's face half a second after the ball was in his hands.

When your line gets beat up that badly I promise you playcalling hardly matters.

Edited by GunnerBill

Reasonable post. I am not on this thread because I am calling for anyone to be fired. I am calling a bad game of play calling. It was a bad game on many levels and the Bills were badly beat on both lines. Bad tackling, uncharacteristic turnovers, bad penalties etc. on top of bad line play all contributed but poor coaching and lack of adjustment played a role as well. A lot of bad for one game. Good time for a few xtra days off. I expect them to have a renewed focus and hopefully a better game plan against N.O.

The oline does this thing where they intentionally give ground. All five of them. They engage contact, then one, two steps back, then abandon a rusher to form a pocket. Like what Ducasse did on that infamous screen play where he threw that Bengal into TT. At least they did against the Jets. TT always looks to run, and the oline is expecting stepping up in the pocket and 1-2-3 ball away.

With McCoy, he just waits at the line. You can't do that in the zone. One cut and go.

Gamers do one thing, line does another. Both end up as just the laziest choice to make. I guess it's CoD time again with the Bills, who are being paid millions to do a very simple job with relatively little pressure compared to other professions.

One bright spot about this is that it looks like McD is going from fun overachieving meek young guy to bloodthirsty raging psycho which all NFL coaches eventually turn into. He should carry around a baseball bat or a blackjack or something. Drive this herd hard and don't stop for stragglers.

Edited by rant_and_go_returns

16 hours ago, MarlinTheMagician said:

Well said. In-game adjustments are lacking.

17 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

Well said. In-game adjustments are lacking.

....almost like an inherent OBD flaw.....pretty sure Moolarkey's 2004 team set a club record for scoring on opening drives.....only to get smoked in the 2nd half due to inability to adjust....don't remember the exact game, but Spent Trent Edwards marched down the field against the Pats twice and was up 14-0 when I parked the car to go do some shopping......eventually got back in the car and Belichick (a/k/a Master Adjuster) had Pats up 21-14.....likewise, we had ZERO answers to counter the Jets...

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

5 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....almost like an inherent OBD flaw.....pretty sure Moolarkey's 2004 team set a club record for scoring on opening drives.....only to get smoked in the 2nd half due to inability to adjust....don't remember the exact game, but Spent Trent Edwards marched down the field against the Pats twice and was up 14-0 when I parked the car to go do some shopping......eventually got back in the car and Belichick (a/k/a Master Adjuster) had Pats up 21-14.....likewise, we had ZERO answers to counter the Jets...

I kept waiting for them to spread it out and put TT in shotgun...kept waiting...and waiting. It seemed like the obvious thing to do. But I'm not as smart as Dennison.

6 minutes ago, bobobonators said:

I kept waiting for them to spread it out and put TT in shotgun...kept waiting...and waiting. It seemed like the obvious thing to do. But I'm not as smart as Dennison.

.....sorry bud, but you are SPOT on about being innovative AND creative with the talent you have to work with......if you can't, you don't belong......this guy is as inconsistent as Fairchild was....certainly TT has his flaws as they ALL do...BUT.......he does have physical attributes (a/k/a "wheels) that most don't have.....the proverbial "system" needs to be shaped by the personnel you NOW have versus what you WISH you had......pretty elementary IMO.....still think Schwartz had HIS system in mind BUT adapted it to what he had to work with......result wasn't "too bad", was it?.............

1 hour ago, bobobonators said:

TT is always in the shotgun, rarely does he pass under center. Singleback or empty out of the shotgun requires quick passing which they can't do.

I guess they could do pistol, but that makes it worse. Defense will never believe you would pass under center, and Wood will need to do three different snaps.

1-2-3 pass. TT needs to do that 100 times a day for the next 10 days until he gets it right.

Edited by rant_and_go_returns

22 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

.....sorry bud, but you are SPOT on about being innovative AND creative with the talent you have to work with......if you can't, you don't belong......this guy is as inconsistent as Fairchild was....certainly TT has his flaws as they ALL do...BUT.......he does have physical attributes (a/k/a "wheels) that most don't have.....the proverbial "system" needs to be shaped by the personnel you NOW have versus what you WISH you had......pretty elementary IMO.....still think Schwartz had HIS system in mind BUT adapted it to what he had to work with......result wasn't "too bad", was it?.............

the problem is most of these coaches are either too stubborn or stupid to change their system to adapt to the player's strength. 

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, Buffalo Bills Fan said:

Dennison offense is awful

This bozo told McD that Peterman was ready and he wasn't even close. Juan Castillo has got to go too!

Tyrod doesn't "fit" his scheme kinda like that pro bowl D line didn't fit Rex Ryan's scheme.

I'll be happy to see a new offensive coaching staff next year!

26 minutes ago, HappyDays said:

There was that report that Dennison pushed the QB switch. If true he needs to be fired tomorrow. If McDermott really believes in accountability he needs to show it. Now.

This wouldn't surprise me in the least.  McD said Tyrod was still the starter, then did a complete 180 a week ago.  Dennison's hand in the pot goes a long way to explaining this, and if so, Dennison should be fired tomorrow.

Every running play to the left for Shady, except for one, gained positive yards, and a LOT of positive yards.  After Shady's touchdown drive, he didn't call another running play to the left for over a quarter.  Game was out of hand by then, but the Bills needed Dennison to run Shady a lot more than they did, especially early on.  He put way too much on the kid, with predictable results.

So lets fire the OC because he doesn't have a QB on the roster who can run his offense.  Doesn't have a QB who can throw with anticipation or stretch the field so they don't stack the box and limit the run game.  HIs receivers have been fighting injuries all year.  We haven't had our best OL Glenn in the lineup for most of the season.  That's all Dennison's fault.

Of course!  Makes total sense!!!!

Edited by dezertbill

2 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

So lets fire the OC because he doesn't have a QB on the roster who can run his offense.  Doesn't have a QB who can throw with anticipation.  HIs receivers have been fighting injuries all year.  We haven't had our best OL Glenn in the lineup for most of the season.  That's all Dennison's fault.

5 minutes ago, dezertbill said:

So lets fire the OC because he doesn't have a QB on the roster who can run his offense.  Doesn't have a QB who can throw with anticipation or stretch the field so they don't stack the box and limit the run game.  HIs receivers have been fighting injuries all year.  We haven't had our best OL Glenn in the lineup for most of the season.  That's all Dennison's fault.

A good coach tailors his scheme to the talent he has instead of forcing players into roles that they are not suited for them.