Official fire Rick Dennison thread

Taylor has gone through 3 OC's and I don't remember any of them letting him audible out of plays. I think it has more to do with Taylor not being able to read what the defense is doing and conveying the audible to the offense.

Thats fine if that is your opinion. I tend to think that its a guy calling plays for the first time that trust himself more than anyone else. I am pretty sure that they dont let Wood make checks either.

At the same time you went through an entire paragraph of blaming a guy for something that is the coaches issue. He didnt check out because he is told to run the play that they sent in. If you have an issue with the play it falls to Rico.

Thats fine if that is your opinion. I tend to think that its a guy calling plays for the first time that trust himself more than anyone else. I am pretty sure that they dont let Wood make checks either.

At the same time you went through an entire paragraph of blaming a guy for something that is the coaches issue. He didnt check out because he is told to run the play that they sent in. If you have an issue with the play it falls to Rico.

100 percent correct.

Denison runs a version of a west coast offense that incorporate's rollouts and moving the QB around. I don't think a west coast offense fits any offense that has a QB that is limited or not confident in his own passing abilities. You need to pass the ball into some tight windows and place it so your WR's can get YAC.

This west coast offense is the opposite of what Taylor does as a passer.

I can already see the Jay Cutler syndrome starting to set in. We will go through two more OC's with the thinking that it can't possibly be the QB's fault. Our QB can throw a football through a brick wall and has good mobility, it can't possibly be him, let's go through 2 more OC's just to make sure.

Edited by Call_Of_Ktulu

Denison runs a version of a west coast offense that incorporate's rollouts and moving the QB around. I don't think a west coast offense fits any offense that has a QB that is limited or not confident in his own passing abilities. You need to pass the ball into some tight windows and place it so your WR's can get YAC.

This west coast offense is the opposite of what Taylor does as a passer.

I can already see the Jay Cutler syndrome starting to set in. We will go through two more OC's with the thinking that it can't possibly be the QB's fault. Our QB can throw a football through a brick wall and has good mobility, it can't possibly be him, let's got through 2 more OC's just to make sure.

He had plenty of completions on intermediate throws last night before garbage time, and many of those were in tight windows. Plus his completion rate was very high. The jailbreaks, fumbles and running game failures doomed the offense.

Edited by dave mcbride

On top of a lackluster performance by just about the entire team, the coaching sucked big time.

Both this game and the Panthers game was bogged down by trying to hard to run the ball. When we where finally forced to throw the ball and be aggressive we started moving down the field.

It was obvious early the running game was going no where. Yet they gave up down after down trying to run against the Jets strength.

Bad game plan, bad execution all around. Zero adjustment on O or D. During the game.

You should have watched the Bills game last night. There is not a reasonable, knowledgeable, football fan alive that watched that game and came out thinking, if we only had a QB tonight. The coaching and line play were as bad as I can remember (and they turned it over 3 times).

Actually, if the QB had been anybody BUT Tyrod, we may have seen a new NFL record for the most sacks in a game. It was that bad...

On top of a lackluster performance by just about the entire team, the coaching sucked big time.

Both this game and the Panthers game was bogged down by trying to hard to run the ball. When we where finally forced to throw the ball and be aggressive we started moving down the field.

It was obvious early the running game was going no where. Yet they gave up down after down trying to run against the Jets strength.

Bad game plan, bad execution all around. Zero adjustment on O or D. During the game.

Wilkerson played and Claiborne didnt. We should have kept passing the ball especially after halftime when it was clear Shady was injured.

Taylor has gone through 3 OC's and I don't remember any of them letting him audible out of plays. I think it has more to do with Taylor not being able to read what the defense is doing and conveying the audible to the offense.

Of course you do. Please take your crusade and go home.

No it is anything But Taylor don't you know that already

No it is anything But Taylor don't you know that already

MajBobby, Im surprised to see this from you because you know football. In general the people that always fall back to QB have a lack of understanding. Its like that old saying about people swear because of their limited vocabulary. Thats pretty much what happens when it comes to discussing the QB. People that dont recognize anything else just fall back to that. They are the kind of people that call WGR. If anyone watched that game last night and left thinking is was Tyrods fault they are clueless. That game yesterday was a combination of coaching and line play. It was decided at the LOS.

MajBobby, Im surprised to see this from you because you know football. In general the people that always fall back to QB have a lack of understanding. Its like that old saying about people swear because of their limited vocabulary. Thats pretty much what happens when it comes to discussing the QB. People that dont recognize anything else just fall back to that. They are the kind of people that call WGR. If anyone watched that game last night and left thinking is was Tyrods fault they are clueless. That game yesterday was a combination of coaching and line play. It was decided at the LOS.

No it was a combination of a lot, and one of those things IS TT and sorry people just do NOT want to accept this team STILL needs a QB.

Some of the sacks don't happen is the ball comes out on time.

Plays left on the field yet again

The flaws of a QB cant be hid every game, so far this year the Bills have done a good job of hiding them, then last night happened. At no point am I calling for Peterman, TT still gives us the best chance to win, however I will call a spade a spade, and you cannot constantly put blame on an OL, WRs, OC over and over and over again without looking at the QB

I need to saty off this board after a loss.

Tyrod cannot function in a 3 step timing offense, did none of yall watch the first 5 games?

Completely agree. Why can't Dennison see this. Stop the 3 step drop. 5 step, shotgun or quick slants. We don't have enough oline talent to protect TT. As every talk show host said this morning TT AND the Bills are not built to come from behind.

You can't fire the play caller for execution. His 3rd qrtr play calling was bad but the 1st half was on execution

I disagree. When the defense is always rushing more than you have in blocking then adjustments should have been made by the coaches. Simple things like keeping more into block and quick slant/outs pass plays to help keep the QB from being overwhelmed.

Granted the penalties and drops were on the players. The bigger issue in my view was the offensive game plan and play calling.

That would be fine and good if the aforementioned OC allowed the players to make checks at the LOS. https://www./billswire.usatoday.com/2017/09/22/buffalo-bills-tyrod-taylor-rick-dennison-audibles-nfl/amp/ Otherwise back to your regularly scheduled crusade...

I don't altogether buy this notion we keep hearing about our quarterbacks being prohibited from changing plays.

But let's for a moment accept it as truth.

If the OC doesn't trust a quarterback to read and change the play after 40 NFL starts, then he's not good enough to be the quarterback.

No it was a combination of a lot, and one of those things IS TT and sorry people just do NOT want to accept this team STILL needs a QB.

Some of the sacks don't happen is the ball comes out on time.

Plays left on the field yet again

The flaws of a QB cant be hid every game, so far this year the Bills have done a good job of hiding them, then last night happened. At no point am I calling for Peterman, TT still gives us the best chance to win, however I will call a spade a spade, and you cannot constantly put blame on an OL, WRs, OC over and over and over again without looking at the QB

Which sacks are we pinning on him? There was one that he appeared to pump but the ball got slapped on the replay. Thats why it was pulled down. I dont see another sack that I remember that falls on him. You are blaming the guy that completed 72% of his passes and ended up with a QB rating at like 108 or something. Even his QBR was above average in a game that they were blown out in. Thats a stat that weighs game situations and he still finished above average despite a blowout.

I don't altogether buy this notion we keep hearing about our quarterbacks being prohibited from changing plays.

But let's for a moment accept it as truth.

If the OC doesn't trust a quarterback to read and change the play after 40 NFL starts, then he's not good enough to be the quarterback.

Or its a function of a coach who doesnt let them do it. Please find attached Dennisons mentor & his QB that couldnt call an audible: https://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/kubiak-schaub-couldnt-audible-out-of-very-very-poor-play/amp/ Edited by Kirby Jackson

Which sacks are we pinning on him? There was one that he appeared to pump but the ball got slapped on the replay. Thats why it was pulled down. I dont see another sack that I remember that falls on him. You are blaming the guy that completed 72% of his passes and ended up with a QB rating at like 108 or something. Even his QBR was above average in a game that they were blown out in. Thats a stat that weighs game situations and he still finished above average despite a blowout.

Three of the 7 at least where on three step concepts that the Ball never comes out at the top of the drop because he doesn't trust what he sees. Romo even pointed it out over and over again. But again, yep TT shares no blame and cool I could give two craps about a completion % on a QB that refuses to make NFL throws, and a rating pumped by garbage time.

Three of the 7 at least where on three step concepts that the Ball never comes out at the top of the drop because he doesn't trust what he sees. Romo even pointed it out over and over again. But again, yep TT shares no blame and cool I could give two craps about a completion % on a QB that refuses to make NFL throws, and a rating pumped by garbage time.

Please provide the gifs of those 3 sacks when you get the chance. I specifically used QBR because it is impacted both positively and negatively by game situations. When you are getting blown out you need to overcome that bias.

No but he was calling the jumbo under center sets when the Jets were stacking the box instead of even attempting to spread it out at all.

They finally went to a shotgun 3 WR set and were moving the ball until the O'Leary fumble, but it took him the entire 3rd quarter to pull his head out of his ass and even try to spread it at all.

How about rolling the pocket? Nah 21 dive right, 22 dive left. Vomit.

More utter nonsense that can only be motivated by crusading hatred. What was Tryod's QB rating at halftime?

His rating was at 109.8 before garbage time. He went down by a point after that.

Or its a function of a coach who doesnt let them do it. Please find attached Dennisons mentor & his QB that couldnt call an audible: https://www.profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/09/30/kubiak-schaub-couldnt-audible-out-of-very-very-poor-play/amp/

Not buying it sorry. We've heard the same thing about the last dozen OC's in Buffalo and the one constant has been sub-par QB's.

Well, they have said that. Ive posted an article where his mentor did the same. Please show me the evidence that you have on the other side.

Your link didn't work. But there's an article I've found about Kubiak not letting Schaub audible.

So, I'm afraid I don't follow. My argument is: If Tyrod can't audible, he's not good.

Your response is: That might not necessarily be true because Kubiak didn't let Matt Schaub audible either.

Even if there was some connective tissue between these two scenarios, I don't see how it doesn't make my point for me.

Get off Rico's case. Every play call on his sheet involved the o-line blocking. They didn't make a block all night. Want to know why the offense sucked? The answer starts and ends there.

yes buuuuuut

when your OC takes out McCoy then proceeds to run tolbert twice into an 8 man box then run a swing pass to tolbert for YET ANOTHER scintillating run run pass 3-and-out, well, it may just be an OC problem

Your link didn't work. But there's an article I've found about Kubiak not letting Schaub audible.

So, I'm afraid I don't follow. My argument is: If Tyrod can't audible, he's not good.

Your response is: That might not necessarily be true because Kubiak didn't let Matt Schaub audible either.

Even if there was some connective tissue between these two scenarios, I don't see how it doesn't make my point for me.

The argument is that they have a guy calling plays for the first time and trusts himself more than anyone else. At the same time, his mentor didnt let a 10 year vet , that survived because of his mind, call an audible. That tells me that Dennison likely operates in a similar manner. Thats a bit of an assumption but its pretty easy to come to that. There isnt any such evidence disputing it.

yes buuuuuut

when your OC takes out McCoy then proceeds to run tolbert twice into an 8 man box then run a swing pass to tolbert for YET ANOTHER scintillating run run pass 3-and-out, well, it may just be an OC problem

The 4 Tolbert runs are inexcusable - no defending those... but I do think that is only partly on Rico. McDermott and Beane clearly want Tolbert here and in a signifcant role. They cut JWill to ensure that happened. I think he is being forced on Dennison to an extent. Edited by GunnerBill

And how is that turning out? Also did he change at all with his second OC or was he the same ceilinged QB?

His team is playing well now. If they had any kicking game they would be good. We dont know if he changed. Someone liked what they saw in the job Lynn did with him. He had a bunch of interviews. They were a top 10 scoring offense with each of the last 2 OCs. Im not sure the point that you are trying to make? He isnt exactly costing guys their job. Roman was canned so that Rex could buy time. Lynn ended up a HC. Edited by Kirby Jackson