Official fire Rick Dennison thread

Was he blocking tonight?

No but he was calling the jumbo under center sets when the Jets were stacking the box instead of even attempting to spread it out at all.

They finally went to a shotgun 3 WR set and were moving the ball until the O'Leary fumble, but it took him the entire 3rd quarter to pull his head out of his ass and even try to spread it at all.

Terrible play calling tonight. Keep running up the gut into a stacked box and standing in a nonexistent pocket. No countermeasures or adjustments at all. Coaches were a bigger failure than the players, like deer in the headlights. Defensively no pressure or aggressiveness on the Jets at all. Wow, a complete fail on every level by everyone involved. On the plus side the pressure of everyone thinking you might be good is off.

Edited by Turk71

Funny when fans go to the extreme. The Oline was horrible and there wasnt much execution. I am surprised Dennison didnt go to a passing game faster. I think the Bills just lack talent on the offense.

what killed us was the rush defence and our defence as a whole..... and all the stupid penalties we did tonight....tonight was a classic rex ryan coached game through and through....plus the drops was another issue...hey at least Zay had a pretty decent game though....sheeshh.....

Funny when fans go to the extreme. The Oline was horrible and there wasnt much execution. I am surprised Dennison didnt go to a passing game faster. I think the Bills just lack talent on the offense.

Its both. Idiot as a o coordinator and no talent. And getting 7 points before garbage time is the end result

what killed us was the rush defence and our defence as a whole..... and all the stupid penalties we did tonight....tonight was a classic rex ryan coached game through and through....plus the drops was another issue...hey at least Zay had a pretty decent game though....sheeshh.....

Like a flashback.

Doesn't everyone see that Shaq Lawson is a bust?? He hurts the defense!

There was a lot that went bad tonight. This team looked ready to play but when the defense isn't giving the offense every chance to win - we're in trouble. You can blame Dennison and that's fine but the issue is Tyrod. This is the type of game that he cannot win. He cannot handle a good defense if we don't get turnovers and field position isn't hugely in our favor.

Was he blocking tonight?

The Bills don t have any plays to deal with a stacked box and pressure??? Do the same thing that doesn t work over and over again??? Coaches deserve a share of the blame here. Be honest, failure on every level tonight. I appreciate your many contributions and am wondering if you are associated with the team in some way.

There was a lot that went bad tonight. This team looked ready to play but when the defense isn't giving the offense every chance to win - we're in trouble. You can blame Dennison and that's fine but the issue is Tyrod. This is the type of game that he cannot win. He cannot handle a good defense if we don't get turnovers and field position isn't hugely in our favor.

In what universe did the team look ready to play tonight? I didn t see that at all. They looked lost from the get go imo.

Just stop... he isn't getting fired... I wanted to start a, how do we recover from this thread but I'm not really a thread starter... so i guess the next best thing is I can ask a serious question...

After a performance like tonight, how do we recover? Will the coaches mix it up on the O-line again and try something new? Will Dennison call more slant routes (everytime it was called tonight we got major yards)?

It just seemed like we were just weaker at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball...

Dennison is here to stay... I just want to know how we can adjust the playbook this late in the season.

I said it in the shoutbox - any offensive coordinator who thinks there's value in lining up Tolbert as a wide receiver just doesn't get it. His schemes are unimaginative and he lacks creativity. He's just not a good playcaller. I really wish McD's first choice came to Buffalo.

Tyrod? Did you see the run blocking/pass blocking/piss poor play calls/ lack of separation and fumbles from their tight ends and backs?

I don't think Joe Montana would have 28 legit points against the Jets tonight

Basically the same guys last year and we could run the ball and score points. It’s all on our 2nd to 3rd choice for OC and a weak OLine coach. I am ALL FOR spending some draft ammo on the OLine, but I think coaching and scheme are garbage.

Just stop... he isn't getting fired... I wanted to start a, how do we recover from this thread but I'm not really a thread starter... so i guess the next best thing is I can ask a serious question...

After a performance like tonight, how do we recover? Will the coaches mix it up on the O-line again and try something new? Will Dennison call more slant routes (everytime it was called tonight we got major yards)?

It just seemed like we were just weaker at the line of scrimmage on both sides of the ball...

Dennison is here to stay... I just want to know how we can adjust the playbook this late in the season.

Fair question, but I don't see much of an adjustment coming.

Ive been saying it this whole year, he is stubborn and his offence is out dated. Tony Romo even mentioned something along those lines

He switched it up in the TB game and worked wonders, but the past 2 games he has gone back to his vanilla and uninspiring play calls

In what universe did the team look ready to play tonight? I didn t see that at all. They looked lost from the get go imo.

I thought the excitement was there in the first quarter and most of the second. Guys looked to be playing for each other and genuinely happy on the sidelines.

Tyrod? Did you see the run blocking/pass blocking/piss poor play calls/ lack of separation and fumbles from their tight ends and backs?

I don't think Joe Montana would have 28 legit points against the Jets tonight

That's the point he's not the type of QB to win a game when chips are down. Not a huge slam on Tyrod - it's just not what he is. He cannot overcome - it will just go on most of the game - like it did. There's no play calling your way out of what a QB can't do.