TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

From an article in Yahoo sports,

Newton was a fan of Benjamin, praising him on Sunday after Carolinas win over division rival Tampa Bay:

Hes a person thats an unbelievable teammate. He comes to work each and every day, Newton said. He may not be the talkative person all the time, but I guarantee you, when you want people in your foxhole, Kelvin Benjamin is the person that you want.

You know you can just see it on his face. Hes usually a very enthusiastic person come gameday, and man, I could just see it.

"Buffalos leading pass-catchers are running back LeSean McCoy and tight end Charles Clay; their top three receivers, Jordan Matthews, Andre Holmes and Zay Jones, have combined to offer the Bills roughly the same output -36 receptions for 404 yards as Benjamin gave the Panthers on his own."

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/deadline-surprise-panthers-trade-wr-kelvin-benjamin-buffalo-2-205423282.html

At 6'5 250lbs you don't need much separation when you are going up against most DB's that are usually under 6" 200lbs. :D I love this trade for a 3rd/7th. Plus, Clay should be back by week 10 against NO.

no offense to you and all toward Newton. I don't trust his take on anything football. Tremendous athlete, good QB, but an absolute moron in football intelligence. The biggest Panther Homer of them all.

I have watched probably 80% of Benjamin's snaps and over half of his plays (I don't fully engage in watching the Panthers games but catch the big plays as it's on the TV). His reach and range for the ball is a big exaggerated. I believe he will help Taylor and will be curious to see his route tree. But I wouldn't send him downfield past 8 yards on the outside or 12 yards over the middle downfield every play.

I do want to see him thrown screen passes to because this rookie year he actually looked decent running them and being able to knock down small DB's

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@rapsheet

Ex-#Panthers GM Dave Gettlemen wanted to extend Kelvin Benjamin. The new regime did not. With a murky future, Benjamin lands in perfect spot

From what I heard/read, Beane was on the "extend" side, too.

Whoever runs the bills twitter account needs a raise.

PSE should take all the money they're paying the clown that runs the Sabres account and give it to the whoever runs the Bills account. Night and day difference.

Are we really gonna take everything as gospel that the GM says when pumping up the guy he just traded for?

Are we really going to disregard the opinion of a guy who was actively involved in scouting, drafting, watching his development, and now trading for the player we just acquired?

Are we really going to disregard the opinion of a guy who was actively involved in scouting, drafting, watching his development, and now trading for the player we just acquired?

I'm not disregarding it. I'm just saying he's embellishing a little.

Also, that guy has been a proven liar.

Edited by jmc12290

Are we really gonna take everything as gospel that the GM says when pumping up the guy he just traded for?

Judging by his previous roster moves I think he and coach deserve the benefit of the doubt... Both guys been around KB for previous 3 years, know exactly the type of teammate he is

Because you know better than he does?

You could make that argument about every thing the Bills have ever done ever.

"You think you know better than Marrone?"

"You think you know better than Whaley?"

Kinda crazy. This need for monolith of thought is mind-boggling.

And the answer is no. I think he's embellishing to the media and the team because it's a prudent thing to do. I would've done the same. But I don't think KB is the Kyle Williams of the WR group, as much as Beane is trying to make it seem. He's not wrong, he's just not telling the truth.

Judging by his previous roster moves I think he and coach deserve the benefit of the doubt... Both guys been around KB for previous 3 years, know exactly the type of teammate he is

Anything these guys say to the media needs to be taken with a boulder of salt. Remember when they said they were pleased with Dareus' play? Remember when they said there were no moves coming? Edited by jmc12290

Remember when they said they were pleased with Dareus' play? Remember when they said there were no moves coming?

You need to read/listen more critically. They said they were pleased with the strides Dareus had been making. That does not mean "Yep, we're totally happy with where he's at and we're keeping him, 100%!"

Beane said he did not "expect" any more moves yesterday. That does not mean "Hey, FO staff and reporters: Shut it down guys, go home. My phone is in airplane mode the rest of the day and I'm going to Bed Bath & Beyond with the missus."

Edited by jimmy10

You could make that argument about every thing the Bills have ever done ever.

"You think you know better than Marrone?"

"You think you know better than Whaley?"

Kinda crazy. This need for monolith of thought is mind-boggling.

And the answer is no. I think he's embellishing to the media and the team because it's a prudent thing to do. I would've done the same. But I don't think KB is the Kyle Williams of the WR group, as much as Beane is trying to make it seem. He's not wrong, he's just not telling the truth.

Anything these guys say to the media needs to be taken with a boulder of salt. Remember when they said they were pleased with Dareus' play? Remember when they said there were no moves coming?

There are so many things wrong with this post it is absurd. Did Beane ever say he was the Kyle Williams of WRs? What is he embellishing exactly? I've heard many reports from people other than Beane that he is a good teammate, all he was saying!

Of course you have to take him with a grain of salt. You call it a boulder because you seem to be disappointed in his supposed lying to the media. Do you know something about Benjamin that I missed?

There are so many things wrong with this post it is absurd. Did Beane ever say he was the Kyle Williams of WRs? What is he embellishing exactly? I've heard many reports from people other than Beane that he is a good teammate, all he was saying!

Of course you have to take him with a grain of salt. You call it a boulder because you seem to be disappointed in his supposed lying to the media. Do you know something about Benjamin that I missed?

Benjamin struggled in college and in the pros maintaining weight. Showing up fat to TC as a skill position player isn't a good teammate move.

You need to read/listen more critically. They said they were pleased with the strides Dareus had been making. That does not mean "Yep, we're totally happy with where he's at and we're keeping him, 100%!"

Beane said he did not "expect" any more moves yesterday. That does not mean "Hey, FO staff and reporters: Shut it down guys, go home. My phone is in airplane mode the rest of the day and I'm going to Bed Bath & Beyond with the missus."

Do you really think they were pleased with his strides? What strides were those? Strides to a zero tackle stat line? Edited by jmc12290

Great trade. Just look at his teammates reactions. Here with Darby, Watkins, Jones, Ragland, and Darues their was basically crickets. Benjamin was a good get.

Hey, I like the trade. Let's not pretend the need wasn't caused by trading Watkins. Benjamin is a different kind of WR than Sammy Watkins, so we will see how that works out for Tyrod and the Offense overall. I do applaud the effort by Beane , they needed to bolster the WR corps for a possible playoff push.

their gm might be dumb enough to send him and a pick for a first

Maybe it meets a couple of Richardson goals

1. Creates Cap Space

2. Saves cash (we all know Richardson is about the bottomline)

3. He is wearing his welcome out there with Media

Maybe it meets a couple of Richardson goals

1. Creates Cap Space

2. Saves cash (we all know Richardson is about the bottomline)

3. He is wearing his welcome out there with Media

I'd rather stick with Taylor and get a guy in the 2nd or 3rd to develop.