TRADE: Kelvin Benjamin to Buffalo

Rubes

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

every off season you read about his laziness in Carolina.

My concern was wondering if it's Newton they're appeasing with this or Benjamin wasn't that good.

Disirregardless, we have a valuable opportunity with him. I need to let it sink in. Just concerned with how much we gave up...

He's not a blemish-free player - there is a reason he was traded. But he has upside and he's definitely an upgrade. The Bills have so many picks next year that coughing up a 3 seems like a small price. It is possible to have too many picks if a team roster is solid - at some point, diminishing returns kick in.

every off season you read about his laziness in Carolina.

My concern was wondering if it's Newton they're appeasing with this or Benjamin wasn't that good.

Disirregardless, we have a valuable opportunity with him. I need to let it sink in. Just concerned with how much we gave up...

holy crap at the non-word. I mean, "irregardless" is not even a real word.

oh right...but he has been hot garbage for most his career.

funchess is productive this year though. He has as many catches as KB in a less role. So given the speed guys they got, cap considerations, and funchess as the tall option, this trade made sense for them.

Scouting report from NFL.com - http://www.nfl.com/draft/2014/profiles/kelvin-benjamin?id=2543471

ANALYSIS STRENGTHS Possesses rare size with an 83-inch wingspan. Is a physical mismatch vs. defensive backs and linebackers. Eats cushion and separates with long strides. Strong approach to the ball -- is not easily knocked off course and will enter the middle on crossers. Outstanding jumpball catcher -- climbs the ladder, plucks the ball at its highest point and regularly snatches it out of the air with superb body control and the grace of a ballerina. Creates separation with his body. Adjusts surprisingly well for the low ball and tracks it well over his shoulder. Energetic football demeanor. Confident and competitive. Strong-handed. Uses his body well to shield the defender from the ball and can beat double coverage. Good run strength after the catch (see three tackles broken on TD run vs. Florida) and does not go down easy. Strong enough to handle defensive ends when motioned inside to chip and delivered some head-snapping, crackback blocks (see N.C. State). Emerged as a clutch, go-to, big-play receiver -- caught the game-winning TD in the national championship game vs. Auburn and consistently was targeted in critical situations and in the red zone. Scorched Florida CB Loucheiz Purifoy and created mismatch problems from the slot. WEAKNESSES Lacks elite, top-end speed and many catches are contested. Hand use could improve releasing vs. tight, press coverage. Overly grabby. Is not yet a nuanced route runner and does not sink his hips and pop in and out of his breaks. Does not shake many defenders after the catch. Will make the easy concentration drop and focus could stand to improve at the break point (three drops vs. Florida). Seeks to run before securing the ball and double-catches more than he should. Blocking effort/sustainability has room to improve on the move. Has a 32 1/2-inch vertical jump and recorded the slowest 60-yard shuttle time (12.10 seconds) of any receiver at the combine. DRAFT PROJECTION Round 1 BOTTOM LINE

A tight end-sized, intimidating, big-play receiver with a rare wingspan, Benjamin has the overall strength, length and wide catching radius that will demand extra coverage be rolled his way. Showed continual improvement, is still growing into the position, and possesses the traits to become a legitimate No. 1 receiver. A very intriguing mismatch weapon with ascending talent.

except he has the dropsies

funchess? he's got as many catches as KB. don't know about drops. some panthers fans prefer him over KB lol. well they have their cap issues and this helps them a bit. Kinda like the way KC had to cut Maclin. They are maxed out.

We needed a true number one WR, so kudos to the FO for finding one. I simply have one issue, it really feels like a drawn out Sammy for Sammy trade to me.

I don't know if he's a true 1. but we needed WR.

We needed a true number one WR, so kudos to the FO for finding one. I simply have one issue, it really feels like a drawn out Sammy for Sammy trade to me.

He is bigger and more physical than Sammy. Sammy is more athletic and runs better routes/better cuts getting better separation. They aren't the same type of receiver at all.

Edited by Scott7975