Playoffs? Playoffs?? The Playoff Chances Thread

1 hour ago, QB Bills said:

Any scenario involving the bills going into new england and beating them in a late season game that the Pats need is just not rooted in reality. No way they win that game unless something completely unforeseen happens. 

I'm as hopeful as anyone, but to be completely objective, the team has gotten worse as the year has progressed, which is a bad sign for this coaching staff. I really don't see them beating Miami twice. Maybe not even once. Let alone the Patriots. You never know though, I guess. 

My sentiments are aligned with QB.  I just can't get excited about any game, today's included, with TT throwing.  Shady is our only hope with TT at QB.  I think we have a better chance against Brady with NP's lasers, rather that TT's blind ducks.

Edited by Ga boy

6 minutes ago, Ga boy said:

My sentiments are aligned with QB.  I just can't get excited about any game, today's included, with TT throwing.  Shady is our only hope with TT at QB.  I think we have a better chance against Brady with NT's lasers, rather that TT's blind ducks.

Not Taylor's fault. He can put up points if Dennison had any clue on how to use him. He's done it in the past.

The team's downfall is coaching. Again. For example, how would Tom Brady do in a wildcat or read/option offense? 

Edited by QB Bills

2 minutes ago, QB Bills said:

Not Taylor's fault. He can put up points if Dennison had any clue on how to use him. 

The team's downfall is coaching. Again. For example, how would Tom Brady do in a wildcat or read/option offense? 

So you agree that opponents best defense is to make TT be a QB??  I think opponents have TT's #.  He's been exposed.  If you can't throw in this league, just go home.

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

Thad Brown @thadbrown7 1h1 hour ago

Up to the minute #Bills playoff scenario. If they finish 9-7, they make the playoffs with:

Ravens lose at least 1 of last 2 (v IND, v CIN) OR -  Titans split next 2 (@ SF, v RAMS) and lose @ JAX OR - Titans lose 3 and Chargers lose 1 more

He left out  Chargers win 2, Titans lose 2 of 3. That scenario seems most likely , if you think the Bills can get to 9-7. Baltimore has an easy schedule. 

2 hours ago, QB Bills said:

Any scenario involving the bills going into new england and beating them in a late season game that the Pats need is just not rooted in reality. No way they win that game unless something completely unforeseen happens. 

I'm as hopeful as anyone, but to be completely objective, the team has gotten worse as the year has progressed, which is a bad sign for this coaching staff. I really don't see them beating Miami twice. Maybe not even once. Let alone the Patriots. You never know though, I guess. 

Yeah...The Pats have a 50/50 chance of losing tonight at Pittsburgh. That puts them in a bind with Jackonville for the 2nd seed.  They are not going to lose that game to us.  But what an Irony that would be if that were to happen!!!!  Also, will the Bills go with a huge motivation into Foxboro for what Gronk did to White.   First thing is to take care of business at home today.  If the Bills can come out 6-2 at home that would be fantastic.  Go Bills!

1 hour ago, Tsaikotic said:

Thad Brown @thadbrown7 1h1 hour ago

Up to the minute #Bills playoff scenario. If they finish 9-7, they make the playoffs with:

Ravens lose at least 1 of last 2 (v IND, v CIN) OR -  Titans split next 2 (@ SF, v RAMS) and lose @ JAX OR - Titans lose 3 and Chargers lose 1 more

Yes, interestingly, even though currently ahead of the Ravens, if all win out the Bills miss the playoffs. 

So, another mistake in the OP. They do not control their own destiny. 

15 minutes ago, Chandler#81 said:

Heady stuff, to be sure.

Maybe it’s my Doomshield firmly in place, but I don’t see another win this season. 

Prove me wrong, Bills!

I didn't go through all the prediction threads but if my memory serves me correctly, you did not pick many wins this season for the bills.

although I did pick them to win today, I tend to agree they have a slim chance of winning the next three and would still need help. they failed to win the games they should have and truthfully they don't/didn't have the offense to win many in the first place to reach the post season.

16 minutes ago, Iron Maiden said:

We are not winning in Foxboro.....when is the last time we beat them on the road with Brady under center for 4 quarters ?...Even if they win today, NE will need next week's game to keep the #1 spot .....We need to sweep Miami and see where the chips fall....

...and that alone is a tall task IM........didn't the TBD pundits forecast dual sweeps of the Jets and Fins last year?.....KC Foxboro thumping was an aberration IMO....Andy got creative utilizing spread stuff, Alex responded and it was one of the rare times BB could not counter......."Dennison" and "creative" do NOT belong in the SAME sentence..............

14 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...and that alone is a tall task IM........didn't the TBD pundits forecast dual sweeps of the Jets and Fins last year?.....KC Foxboro thumping was an aberration IMO....Andy got creative utilizing spread stuff, Alex responded and it was one of the rare times BB could not counter......."Dennison" and "creative" do NOT belong in the SAME sentence..............

Oh I agree......but sweeping the fish is more realistic than beating NE in their house IMO....If we win today,  week 17 most likely will have meaning...for a rebuilding team, that's pretty good..

Edited by Iron Maiden

22 minutes ago, Young34 said:

The difference is that 2004 was the best defense the Bills have put on the field in the playoff drought. That, and we had Bledsoe who was a statue in the pocket, but could send the ball with a flick of the wrist.

and two fantastic receivers in Evans and Moulds and a dominant RB in Travis Henry. It is such a shame that they couldn't win that final game

2 minutes ago, westerndecline said:

The question is

What is our chance to get in if we lose vs cheats

Yeah here 

Thad Brown (@thadbrown7)
#Titans loss means #Bills now control destiny and make playoffs with 2 wins.
#Bills also make playoffs with 1 win and:

#Ravens loss
OR 
TEN wins v Rams then loses v JAX
OR 
2 TEN losses and 1 #Chargers loss

#BillsMafia

Pretty simple

Edited by MAJBobby

2 minutes ago, Clyde Smith said:

Ugh! We don't need to hear that right now.

1 minute ago, joesixpack said:

Just another cheerio pisser.

!@#$ 'em. All of 'em.

I'm loving this.

Just saying. Glad we squished the Phish and glad we have hope in the middle of December. But that being said, I try to keep an even keel because of the fates we have suffered before. :thumbsup:

7 hours ago, The Dean said:

Yes, interestingly, even though currently ahead of the Ravens, if all win out the Bills miss the playoffs. 

So, another mistake in the OP. They do not control their own destiny. 

Now we officially control our own destiny? There is some tinder for your pipe lol