Week 9: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

It's more about having to turn around and travel for the game on the short week than anything else.

Think of it this way: Buffalo has one rest/film/game plan day, one practice day, one travel day, and then the game; New Jersey has one rest/film/game plan day, one practice day, one walkthrough day, and then the game.

It'd definitely tougher on the road team.

Its tougher but its like an hour and a half flight. They can still do their walkthrough.

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Its tougher but its like an hour and a half flight. They can still do their walkthrough.

Getting to and through security in an airport, the hour and a half flight, getting out of the airport 30, getting to the hotel, settling in, getting to the practice facility to do a walk through.

thats 5 to 8 hours.

Not to mention breakfast, lunch and dinner.

Getting to and through security in an airport, the hour and a half flight, getting out of the airport 30, getting to the hotel, settling in, getting to the practice facility to do a walk through.

thats 5 to 8 hours.

Not to mention breakfast, lunch and dinner.

You forgot coffee break. You also forgot ...

Breakfast - 7am.

Second breakfast - 9 am.

Elevenses - 11 am.

Lunch - 1 pm.

Afternoon tea - 3pm.

Dinner - 6 pm.

Supper - 9 pm.

and of course Beer:30

NFL Color Rush 2017: http://www.nfl.com/photoessays/0ap3000000844763

Can't imagine they will have Red vs. Green again.

NFL said they wouldn't do that again. We likely have the red and jets will be all white like last year.

Have you never played sports before? Maybe there's no such thing in your chess club but there are definitely trap games.

I don't think it's a trap game, there is no way that the Bills are taking the Jets lightly ( at all ) , to me trap game means that were so confident about winning THIS game that were thinking about our NEXT game ( before taking care of this FIRST )

I starting to buy in to what McD is trying to do build here , and I think he will get the team ready to play on Thursday win or lose we are NOT overlooking the Jets

No doubt its tougher on us than them. I don't think its a big issue though. One of the best thing McDermott has shown this year is always having this team prepared. Even next man up is pretty prepared.

Nah, not really a game-changer...just another element that makes this game a bit tougher than if it were a home game.

So you guys think they will prepare just as hard for a game against a sub .500 team that they already badly beat when they have a short week, are banged up after a tough game they prepared hard for, have a long break they are making travel arrangements for and getting in touch with friends and family, then have another tough game after that they could very well be looking ahead to? Common sense tells you this could definitely be a game they look past and don't prepare for like they should.

Everyone has done it whether it's in sports or in life. If you have a test in school you think is going to be easy in a class you usually do well in are you up all night studying or are you thinking "I got this" and you go and hang out with friends instead? It's human nature. To think that doesn't happen is naive. Some of these guys are 23-25 years old. Very easy to start feeling good about yourself and checking out during a week like this.

There's definitely some truth to what your saying , but that's when having a good coach makes a difference, keep the team focused and motivated ( and most importantly) have a good game plan , make sure we can execute in practice and keep everyone FOCUSED on Thursday! I'm not guaranteeing a victory because you still have to make plays but ( win or lose ) I know McD will have the team ready

So you guys think they will prepare just as hard for a game against a sub .500 team that they already badly beat when they have a short week, are banged up after a tough game they prepared hard for, have a long break they are making travel arrangements for and getting in touch with friends and family, then have another tough game after that they could very well be looking ahead to? Common sense tells you this could definitely be a game they look past and don't prepare for like they should.

Everyone has done it whether it's in sports or in life. If you have a test in school you think is going to be easy in a class you usually do well in are you up all night studying or are you thinking "I got this" and you go and hang out with friends instead? It's human nature. To think that doesn't happen is naive. Some of these guys are 23-25 years old. Very easy to start feeling good about yourself and checking out during a week like this.

Same on the other side. Young team. Short week for them too. Quick flight to NJ. Jets effort going down due to losses and injuries. Go Bills.

To be honest I'm a little worried about this game because it's a division game, on a short week and on the road , I got to give Jets some credit people were saying this could be 0-16 year for them , they play tough didn't they lost couple of close ones against the patriots* and Falcons ?

All I know is if we lose this game ( media/ even fans ) will be saying it's the same old Buffalo Bills who can't win the games they should

I know every game is a must win, but I think this is one of those games that we HAVE to win

Gooo Bills

Its an easy three hour thing, and they're probably more focused than if it was a home game.

The travel is simple.

Not much more than a commute.

The issue is coaching and the pre-travel prep for something they should have seen months ago.

I'm sure they did.

The Jets are a tough out. They also are not dynamic and have to win the turn over battle. The run game has changed so much since September i think Mccoy could have an even better game vs them. it comes down to turnovers and mistakes on the Thursday night game. Mccown is alot like Fitz he plays great in stretches than also very poor in others. They have imploded the last 2 weeks in the second half and fourth quarter. If Buffalo jumps out to a quick 14 or 10 point game it could get very ugly for them.

@RichCimini

Claiborne (foot), Brooks (hamstring), Wilkerson (shoulder/ft) and L Thomas (concussion) and Stinson (neck) did not practice. #Jets

Skrine (concussion), Qvale (toe), Shell (neck) and Forte (knee) were limited.

Bowles said it's "gonna be tough" for Wilkerson to play on a short week.

Bowles said it's "possible" that Claiborne could play. Down to 4 healthy CBs -- Roberts, Nelson, Burris and Jones.

@nyjets

DNaTtudW4AA7b-r.jpg

Looks lite white uniforms for the Bills on TNF.

@RichCimini

Claiborne (foot), Brooks (hamstring), Wilkerson (shoulder/ft) and L Thomas (concussion) and Stinson (neck) did not practice. #Jets

Skrine (concussion), Qvale (toe), Shell (neck) and Forte (knee) were limited.

Bowles said it's "gonna be tough" for Wilkerson to play on a short week.

Bowles said it's "possible" that Claiborne could play. Down to 4 healthy CBs -- Roberts, Nelson, Burris and Jones.

@nyjets

DNaTtudW4AA7b-r.jpg

Looks lite white uniforms for the Bills on TNF.

Good...hope it's not red

Josh McCown: Bills Defense Is Playing Hard (9:40)
Jets QB Speaks to Reporters Following Practice on Monday.

Matt Forté: Main Goal Is to Win Games (7:34)
Jets RB Talks with Reporters Following Practice on Monday.

Muhammad Wilkerson: Need to Keep Taking Care of My Body (3:54)
Jets DL Speaks with Reporters in the Locker Room on Monday.

@NYJetsPR

Download @nyjets Media Information for the Week Nine Game vs. Buffalo: http://bit.ly/2lsJWei #JetsNFL_2017_NYJets_v2.png #BUFvsNYJ

DNa6CDfUQAAJRxk.jpg

Someone probably posted this somewhere, so forgive me for asking. How the heck do we watch this game in Rochester on Thursday night? NFL network? Amazon? Over the airwaves? I can never keep track.

I don't know about Rochester, but elsewhere it is on NFL Network.

So we arent wearing red now this year? That sucks. Lol I just caved in and bought the red one

The one time it was the ketchup vs relish bowl a couple years ago, the network was deluged with complaints from color blind viewers who couldn’t distinguish the two teams in dark red and dark green.

I know players don't like Thursday night games because it cuts down on recovery time from the previous Sunday, and they really do need that. The reality though is that both teams are hampered by the short week, so it doesn't really give either team an advantage, and since this game is only a short distance from Buffalo, the flight and transportation issues should not amount to much of a headache for the Bills. The bottom line is that the Thursday night factor should not hurt the Bills all that much. The Bills need to concern themselves more with controlling McCown's passing. McCown has experience and some ability, and Buffalo has given up a lot of yards through the air lately. Gaines is still dealing with the hamstring. I hope he recovers for Thursday, but the short week does make that less likely. I suspect Poyer may be ready, and Elston showed he can play, so that is good. I think the Bills will win this, partly because they are far more comfortable with the offensive and defensive schemes now than they were in the first game of the season. The learning curve with new schemes can be an issue for a team in their first year of using it, but Buffalo is getting past that now. I don't think the Jets have a lot more they can throw at the Bills now than they did in week one.

Someone probably posted this somewhere, so forgive me for asking. How the heck do we watch this game in Rochester on Thursday night? NFL network? Amazon? Over the airwaves? I can never keep track.

CBS and the NFL Network have been simulcasting Thursday Night football.

The Jets are pretty banged-up. I wouldn't rush the Bills' injured guys back.

Division game, could get to 6-2, I don't care who doesn't play for the Jersey Jets, get our guys out there if possible. This is a huge game.Theyre not an easy outing, especially on a short week on road.