Week 9: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

@SalSports

The Bills have signed LB Marquavius Lewis to the team's practice squad and released LB Zach Vigil.

@buffalobills

This week, we're going to white out Thursday night! #WhoYouWith #ColorRush #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

https://video.twimg.com/amplify_video/925113090877693952/vid/1280x720/MI5qo9RXCLVm6Fm8.mp4

Surrender whites

@mikerodak

Bills LB Ramon Humber broke out of stretching Tuesday headed to team drills the first-team defense.

@MatthewFairburn

E.J. Gaines was on the stair master while the Bills practiced. Didn't see Richie Incognito out there. Jordan Poyer was stretching.

Always makes me nervous when we wear all white... I went to the infamous 'white out' game in 2011 which started the end of our playoff run that season. Maybe I have PTSD or something.

Worked out rather well on Sunday.

Better than "Howard Picks the Bills." They predict 11-5, though I think we can beat the Pats at home.

https://projects.fivethirtyeight.com/2017-nfl-predictions/

They predict 9.6-6.4. I.e., 10-6 is slightly more likely than 9-7, but those are the two most likely outcomes.

Yes, on a game-by-game basis, 538 has us favored in 6 of our 9 remaining games, but favored at these percentages:

59%

54%

55%

80%

70%

If those percentages are right, the odds of us winning all 6 of those games would be 9.8%. Of course, if we continue to win games, our rating will go up, and so will the odds of future wins.

@TheBillsWire

5 things to know about the #GoBills Week 9 clash vs. #Jets

http://billswire.usatoday.com/2017/10/31/bills-jets-nfl-week-9-what-to-know/

@viccarucci

#Bills S Jordan Poyer said he expects to play Thursday night vs. the #Jets

@viccarucci

#Bills GM Brandon Beane said no moves by the team are expected before today’s NFL trade deadline at 4p.

Need our safeties to have a good game this week. ASJ is the player who scares me the most on the Jets.

The trio for Anderson, Kearse, and ASJ isn't bad at all.

@SalSports

Bills LB Ramon Humber says he “plans on” playing Thursday night. Safety Jordan Poyer says he “likes his chances” of playing. But, with both players, not their choice. We’ll see.

@buffalobills

“People keep asking if this team is for real and we keep winning. This team doesn’t care about outside opinions, we just want to win.”
DNe36Q3V4AEhGSV.jpg

I'm always nervous with these games. Every game we've won this year, I though we were going to lose - except TB. And every game I expected to win, we've lost! Except the first Jets game.

Why anyone thinks we might lose this game is beyond me. We beat them easily the first time. Most of what little talent they have is out for the game. WE HAVE A NEW COACH,GM, AND NEW APPROACH. This is not the same old Bills. We are coached to well now to lay an egg in a game like this.

On top of all of that they have players calling out coaches already and nothing to really play for. The jets may not win another game this year.

@RichCimini

Jeremy Kerley, facing a suspension, is at practice. Claiborne (foot) stretching, but doesn't look like he'll practice.#Jets

@RapSheet

Former #49ers DE Xavier Cooper is signing with the #Jets, source said. The third-rounder from 2015 started with the #Browns

@nyjets

We have signed DL Xavier Cooper and placed TE Jordan Leggett on IR. MORE → http://nyj.social/2gQIBsx

Why anyone thinks we might lose this game is beyond me. We beat them easily the first time. Most of what little talent they have is out for the game. WE HAVE A NEW COACH,GM, AND NEW APPROACH. This is not the same old Bills. We are coached to well now to lay an egg in a game like this.

On top of all of that they have players calling out coaches already and nothing to really play for. The jets may not win another game this year.

Night road game vs division rival. Never a gimme and Jets have played much better than in the opener.

Last time we were 5-2, we went white out against the Jets and honored Scott Norwood at half. We got punched in he mouth and the season unraveled. Just saying

oh wow you MUST be the fist person to refer back to one of the other years we had a good start and it all crumbled...thanks!!!!

We, as Bills fans, are all well aware of the past. But, what does the past have to do with THIS team right now?

oh wow you MUST be the fist person to refer back to one of the other years we had a good start and it all crumbled...thanks!!!!

We, as Bills fans, are all well aware of the past. But, what does the past have to do with THIS team right now?

Everything if you're in the grips of the affliction known as BBFS.

It's just too similar and is bringing back horrific memories of seasons past. I think it's different and expect to win, but man a white out against same team with same record is just bad deja vu

Can't help you there my friend. The past is the past the way I look at it with no bearing on what happens this Thursday.

Prisco says "Jets Upset Bills"

Buffalo (5-2) at New York Jets (3-5)

Thursday, 8:25 p.m. ET (NFL Network)

The Bills are one of the surprise teams so far at 5-2, but this is a division rival on a short week. That can be a problem. I think the Jets are playing feisty football and will do so here. In fact, I think the defense leads them to an upset victory.

Well I think Kyle and Wood are still on the team from that era so its a definate loss. Too much voodoo going on. Plus you know Russ Brandon and Overdorf. That's like a double whammy. Is the midget trainer still with us? If so triple voodoo whammy if not midget guy curse is in effect.

@JoeBuscaglia

@NFL345

Week 9 @NFL Preview

https://nflcommunications.com/Pages/Week-9-NFL-Preview--.aspx

Week 9 begins on Thursday night with an AFC East matchup as the New York Jets host the Buffalo Bills (8:25 PM ET, NFLN). The week concludes with a pair of primetime contests as the Miami Dolphins host the Oakland Raiders on Sunday night (8:30 PM ET, NBC) and the Detroit Lions visit the Green Bay Packers in a key NFC North showdown on Monday night (8:30 PM ET, ESPN). Some of the other notable games in Week 9:

BUFFALO BILLS (5-2) at NEW YORK JETS (3-5) (Thursday, NFLN, 8:25 PM ET)

• The Bills improved to 5-2 with a 34-14 win over Oakland last week. Buffalo is aiming to close the first half of the season with a 6-2 record which would be the team’s best start since 1993 (7-1).
  • Buffalo leads the NFL with a +14 turnover differential and ties for the league lead with 17 takeaways. Safety MICAH HYDE ranks first in the NFL with five interceptions and has four interceptions in his past four games. Hyde’s five interceptions are the most by a Bills player through the team’s first seven games since JAIRUS BYRD (five) in 2009.
  • Jets quarterback JOSH MC COWN ranks second in the NFL with a 70.5 completion percentage (179 of 254). McCown has posted a completion percentage of at least 60 percent and thrown multiple touchdown passes in four consecutive games and is the first player in franchise history to accomplish the feat.
  • New York wide receiver ROBBY ANDERSON had six catches for a career-high 104 yards – his first 100-yard receiving game – and a touchdown in last week’s contest against Atlanta.