Week 9: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the big challenge for this week will be the new coaching staff creating and installing a game plan in three days. Very interested to see how Coach McD handles the short week.

Actually our game plans have been fairly simple unlike the complex crap from Rex and his cronies...Keep things in front of you and go after the ball. As long as our Run the ball and stop the run works well, we will be in control.

We ran for 150+ yards against the Jets in the Season opener and kept Matt Forte and Bilal Powell under complete check. Can they repeat that performance.

Actually our game plans have been fairly simple unlike the complex crap from Rex and his cronies...Keep things in front of you and go after the ball. As long as our Run the ball and stop the run works well, we will be in control.

We ran for 150+ yards against the Jets in the Season opener and kept Matt Forte and Bilal Powell under complete check. Can they repeat that performance.

I believe so.

They're 28th in Rush ypg...22nd in ppg..

I believe our D will shut them down similarly to week 1,but it's always tough on a short week to play on the road, so this will be no cakewalk imo and a massive W on our part..6-2 has an amazing ring to it..2-0 in division.. 4-1 in conference.. A win really has us in Amazing shape for the 2nd half of season..

I live in Phoenix and I'm debating whether to go to the Sabres/Yotes game on Thursday or watch the Bills/Jets.

Holy crap that is even a choice?......lol

Someone probably posted this somewhere, so forgive me for asking. How the heck do we watch this game in Rochester on Thursday night? NFL network? Amazon? Over the airwaves? I can never keep track.

This one is only on NFL Network. An exclusive NFL Network game.

Wood: McDermott is different than past coaches

@WGR550

McDermott on Tate play- It is special. I've been around the NFL around 20 years, you don't see that very often. All raw, pure emotion.

McDermott- That's to me, is what a team is supposed to look like.

McDermott- We focus on process, we try to get better, every day, every game, every week.

McDermott- If you're not saying that you're goal is to win the Super Bowl then what are you doing here?

McDermott- We have 63 guys on the roster, the 53 man roster, and the 10 on the practice squad, and it's a total team effort.

McDermott- What we've been able to do is take label off of players, they're not backups, they are our players.

McDermott on Glenn- I like some of the continuity that we are starting to have up front.

McDermott on going for it on 4th and goal- It was an easy call because I have a lot of faith in the offensive line and Tyrod Taylor

McDermott- Every situation is a little different, we felt good about what we had in the match-up. Glad we executed well.

McDermott taking the labels off his players

@WGR550

Wood- You get a team that's traveled far, it's early for them, you want to put them down

Wood- I called it in the huddle. I said to Shady that this is going to be a one play drive, they're getting ready to crack.

Wood- It's not a secret that we are built to run the ball, and be efficient in the passing game.

Wood- You can QB sneaks a couple different ways, you can go quick over the top like TT did, or you can try to get behind the O-line and push

Wood- These TNF games are hard to prepare for but I like playing in these primetime games.

Wood- We're very happy that we won yesterday's game, but we still have a long way to go

Wood- I don't know if we have ever had a coach that stressed the day to day improvement as much as he does

@RichCimini

Claiborne (foot), Brooks (hamstring), Wilkerson (shoulder/ft) and L Thomas (concussion) and Stinson (neck) did not practice. #Jets

Skrine (concussion), Qvale (toe), Shell (neck) and Forte (knee) were limited.

Bowles said it's "gonna be tough" for Wilkerson to play on a short week.

Bowles said it's "possible" that Claiborne could play. Down to 4 healthy CBs -- Roberts, Nelson, Burris and Jones.

@nyjets

DNaTtudW4AA7b-r.jpg

Looks lite white uniforms for the Bills on TNF.

We must be wearing white this year then. Bummer. I kind of like the red. I know I'm one of the only ones that does but I don't care.

We must be wearing white this year then. Bummer. I kind of like the red. I know I'm one of the only ones that does but I don't care.

I LOVE the red uniforms. Wish they'd wear them more often. Damn those colour blind folk.

Bills should go all blue vs the jets' all green if they can't wear red.

Edited by QB Bills

My understanding is that Tuesday is still "players day off" even with the short week. Normally players can come in on Tuesday to report to training room, lift, watch film etc. - and coaches usually do the game planning. So - on Tuesday - does any kind of 'organized' player meeting (to go over adjustments, game plan, strategy etc) have to be players-only (obviously voluntary) and not organized or participated in by coaches?

Edited by stevewin

My understanding is that Tuesday is still "players day off" even with the short week. Normally players can come in on Tuesday to report to training room, lift, watch film etc. - and coaches usually do the game planning. So - on Tuesday - does any kind of 'organized' player meeting (to go over adjustments, game plan, strategy etc) have to be players-only (obviously voluntary) and not organized or participated in by coaches?

pretty sure thats not the case...at least on the radio yesterday they were talking about a regular practice today

pretty sure thats not the case...at least on the radio yesterday they were talking about a regular practice today

I googled around yesterday and found an article that said Tuesday was still off even on short week - can't find it now - maybe it was wrong. Can't find much specific info about it on the interweb

Jeremy Kerley suspended by the NFL.

@viccarucci

#Bills coach Sean McDermott says he is hoping CB E.J. Gaines (hamstring) & S Jordan Poyer (knee) can play Thursday night.

@RichCimini

Let's try that again: Source confirms that Jeremy Kerley is being suspended by the NFL, as the @NYDailyNews reported. #JetsNFL_2017_NYJets_v2.png

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott: Kyle Williams has put in a lot of blood, sweat, & tears. He's been here a long time. I know what that means to me.

@mikerodak

Sean McDermott on Jets: “Don’t let the record fool you. This is a good football team."

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: Thurs night game doesn't complicate any interest in making a trade if an opportunity came about. #Bills

@ChrisBrownBills

McDermott: still hoping Gaines can play. Poyer had good day Monday but see how he looks today. #Bills

@JoeBuscaglia

#Bills HC Sean McDermott said Charles Clay is going to have a hard time getting ready for the game on Thursday. Likely another game missed.

@viccarucci

McDermott mentions that FB Pat DiMarco has "been so important" to run game improvement for #Bills.

@JonScottTV

Ramon Humber is in the same boat as Gaines/Poyer in regards to playing Thursday. McD says the way Matt Milano's playing helps slow process.

@MatthewFairburn

Sean McDermott on winning @PardonMyTake's "Football Guy of the Week": "I'm blessed."

@Nick_Wojton

McDermott: LeSean doesn't get those yards without Pat DiMarco #Bills

McDermott on having already beaten the #JetsNFL_2017_NYJets_v2.png: Don't listen to outside noise #Bills

@JonScottTV

Sean McDermott won't comment on Jeremy Kerley suspension until it's official. Has heard that'll happen, but won't effect preparation. #Bills

@buffalobills

McDermott: “I watched Tyrod put in work during the offseason around the clock. Seeing how he approaches the game says a lot about him.”

DNeMRClUIAMZb9A.jpg

Bills Today: Elston the latest example of next man up

bills-today-10-31-cp.jpg

Here's the Bills news of note for Oct. 31st

Top 7 storylines for Bills-Jets on Thursday Night Football
1031-top-storylines.jpg

The Buffalo Bills are looking to sweep the Jets for the third time in four years when they travel to New York for this week's TNF matchup. Checkout John Murphy's top storylines

Wide Receiver Jordan Matthews addressed the media inside the locker room topics include; the reaction to Wide Receiver Brandon Tate's big reception, energy at practice, and developing team chemistry.

WHAT HAVE WE LEARNED AT THE MIDSEASON MARK? (2:47)

NFL Network's Ike Taylor and Reggie Wayne break down the Oakland Raiders and Buffalo Bills' Week 8 game and the Seattle Seahawks and Houston Texans Week 8 matchup and share what they've learned.

@Nick_Wojton

Tyrod: I've always been confident, but as you get more and more confident w/ off you find out more you can do #Bills #Jets

Tyrod: It's been fun to see a new guy come out a make a play each week. That's been the story of our team, OFF & DEF. #Bills #Jets

Tyrod: Thursday is an opportunity for us to show who we are (nationally) #Bills #Jets

Tyrod: #Jets are a more confident group than they were Week 1 #Bills

@JonScottTV

Tyrod Taylor says the #Bills are looking forward to showing the rest of the league that this team's for real.

@buffalobills

“Night games always have a different feeling. We’re excited to play on TNF because you know everyone will be watching.” #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

DNee2QLWsAAdwMo.jpg

@JoeBuscaglia

The #Bills will not be practicing outside in the snow today.

@buffalobills

[insert Buffalo weather joke here]

@newerafield #GoBillsNFL_2017_BUFBills_v2.png

HeavyComplicatedBoilweevil-size_restrict

Edited by 26CornerBlitz