Week 9: Jets' Game Preparation - Inactives Announced

• Replies 595
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the Jets' board just now

I think they honestly believe they have a chance at the division & I agree with them. Look at the teams who gave the Pats fits & the types of QBs.

1 hour ago, New York Mick said:

At least the Bills have a shot of winning the division instead of the ******* Pats.

Alex Smith, Deshaun Watson, Cam Newton. Mobile guys that throw on the run. Benjamin DOMINATED the smaller Pats secondary in that game against the Pats. Him & Funchess just kept catching box out balls. Mathews + Benjamin = tough match up for the Pats D and their sh*tty slow LBs trying to do both, stopping Shady McCoy & match up with their WRs + have to chase Tyrod Taylor around?

Bills beat us up tomorrow night & get 2 shots at the Pats to take over the division. Not as far fetched as some fans might think. Hogans hurt 3/4 weeks out. No Hightower for the rest of the season, Bills secondary playing with great cohesion. Gonna be fun to watch.

Edited by Billzebubba

Benjamin won't suit up Thursday nor should he. He won't be prepared, and hasn't had a bye week yet so if he plays he could potentially play 17 weeks this season. Let him rest and get up to speed on our playbook, we need him against the saints

agreed 100% and I am confident the coaching staff feels the same way

Benjamin won't suit up Thursday nor should he. He won't be prepared, and hasn't had a bye week yet so if he plays he could potentially play 17 weeks this season. Let him rest and get up to speed on our playbook, we need him against the saints

We need him against the Saints, but not our division rival?

Where's the logic in that?

This is football, not rocket surgery. He can run routes and catch balls.

I am fearing this game. I believe we will win, but could see it going South - Jets playing for their season, short weak, division rival we already beat. Lots of risk factors. If McDermott has them as up for this as Raiders I think it will be one of the best moves he has made all year. Heard from a source inside that the players are very happy about Benjamin, fired up about it. So maybe this is a helper. Plus this does not seem a team given to letdowns. But I remain worried.

I am fearing this game. I believe we will win, but could see it going South - Jets playing for their season, short weak, division rival we already beat. Lots of risk factors. If McDermott has them as up for this as Raiders I think it will be one of the best moves he has made all year. Heard from a source inside that the players are very happy about Benjamin, fired up about it. So maybe this is a helper. Plus this does not seem a team given to letdowns. But I remain worried.

Full-blown BBFS mode here.

So it could go either way?

Yes, that is my point. Unlike some games in the Kelly-era where it could go either way, but you pretty much knew it wouldn't (Indy comes to mind). So yes, while I appreciate the sarcasm, I fear this game could legit go either way. Full BBF syndrome perhaps.

Just messing with you...try to enjoy it...we have a good team and should win

Jets have a lot of key players banged up or out too...

The Bills could be playing a Pop Warner team and some fans would be in fear. BBFS strikes again. surrender.gif

DNjqObdV4AEsw2c.jpg

It will be good to have Poyer & Humber back.

I'm surprised at how quickly Clay is coming along. Could we see him back for the Saints game?

Jets have a lot of key players banged up or out too...

especially Wilkerson and Claiborne...those would be BIG losses if they cant suit up

I can see why the BBFS would be in high gear because of this. On paper, it looks like a game the bills would dominate. I have my negative thoughts in check for now but once the game starts, all bets are off.

The Bills could be playing a Pop Warner team and some fans would be in fear. BBFS strikes again. surrender.gif

It's true, but speaking for myself, I can't help it. I am legitimately anxious about this game (like many games). I definitely have BBFS. I'm not immune to noticing the cohesion this team has, the marked differences with years past, but...defensive pessimism is a protection measure.

It's true, but speaking for myself, I can't help it. I am legitimately anxious about this game (like many games). I definitely have BBFS. I'm not immune to noticing the cohesion this team has, the marked differences with years past, but...defensive pessimism is a protection measure.

It's understandable to a degree after so many disappointments over the years, but the associated automatic defeatism as if things are preordained gets out of hand all too often to the point of irrationality. Better days ahead. :beer:

It's the NFL. The game could easily go either way. The Jets haven't been horrible, especially the passing Offense . The Bills D has given up some passing yardage and the pass rush hasn't been strong. The Bills should be favored but it's far from a slam dunk. That's not BBFS. They aren't playing the Browns.

It's the NFL. The game could easily go either way. The Jets haven't been horrible, especially the passing Offense . The Bills D has given up some passing yardage and the pass rush hasn't been strong. The Bills should be favored but it's far from a slam dunk. That's not BBFS. They aren't playing the Browns.

McCown has something to play for...if he tosses two TD's he'll be the first NYJ QB to do so in 5 consecutive games, since Namath

The Bills had the most effective run game last season and they were back in fine form on Sunday. See why Shaun O'Hara thinks they deserved to be ranked as the best O-line of the week in Week 8.

1) Buffalo Bills
The Bills' offensive line had its best game of the season against the Raiders on Sunday. Buffalo put up 331 yards of total offense, including 166 yards on the ground. LeSean McCoy accounted for 151 rushing yards on 27 carries (5.6 yards per carry), with a lot of that coming on a late-game 48-yard touchdown run. As good as the running game looks on paper, it was the Bills' pass protection that vaulted them into the top spot. For the first time this season, they didn't allow a single sack or QB hit all game. The line ranked as the third-best run-blocking and pass-blocking unit this week, per Pro Football Focus. Center Eric Wood had another good game, the third one this season in which he did not give up a pressure. Cordy Glenn had another strong performance; he was one of the best left tackles this week. It's always a good sign when Raidersdefensive star Khalil Mack doesn't wreck a game, and the reigning Defensive Player of the Year didn't post a single pressure or sack.

Feeling like a dunce here: what is BBFS? I must have missed its introduction into the TBD lexicon, and now I see it every day. Heck, I think I probably have BBFS, but I don't know what the acronym stands for.

I think it's Buffalo Bills Fan Syndrome